• 0 Points
  • Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I am having an issue with custom objects being visible to users who need to see them.  Here's my example:

I have a custom object Widget__c.

I have a page Widgets that displays a list of Widget__c objects.

I have an admin page that sllows system admins to create Widget__c objects through a custom wizard.

Desired behavior:

When a system administrator creates a Widget__C object it appears on the Widgets page in the list.

When a non-system administrator visits the Widgets page, they should see all Widget__c objects listed.

Actual  behavior:

When a system administrator creates a Widget__C object it appears on the Widgets page in the list.

When a non-system administrator visits the Widgets page, they cannot see any objects listed.

When I look into sharing issues I am reading that custom objects should have a Widget__Share object associated with them and I can create these shares to allow other users access to objects created.  When I attempt this in practice, however I don't have any Widget__Share objects.  I also do not see them in the schema browser in the Eclipse IDE.

I tried making the list page controller use "without sharing" which didn't change the outcome.

What can I do to have object created by a system administrator be viewable by other users of the app?

This is all being done in Developer Edition.

Is it possible to package preloaded data with an AppExchange app or any app package?

I have some custom objects that I would like to have pre-created when users install my app...is that possible?

Is it possible to package preloaded data with an AppExchange app or any app package?

I have some custom objects that I would like to have pre-created when users install my app...is that possible?

I'm getting a warning on a project in the IDE:

"Project was created in an older version of the Force.com IDE and must be upgraded to be used with Winter '11.  You will not be able to save or refresh files in this project from the server until you upgrade it.  To upgrade, use the upgrade wizard by right-clicking on the project in Package Explorer and choosing Force.com > Upgrade Project. " 

1) I've update Eclipse(helios)  to latest Force.com IDE release

2) Right clicking on project does NOT give an option to "upgrade project"

3) Despite the warning,  i am able to save and refresh files from the server

4) I've tried closing project, restarting eclipse and then re-opening project.

How do i upgrade this project?

Peter

• December 05, 2010