• 0 Points
  • Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

My company is working with one of its partners to integrate our Salesforce apps. I was curious if there was a way for our applications to share data or otherwise call into one another. Is this possible, or should I try to work around it with web services?

So I've just written my first Salesforce app, and I've also created a custom report to help customers see how it is being used within their organization. Is it possible to package the report into the app, so customers don't have to create the custom report themselves? Or do they have to set it up manually every time?

Thanks!

Hello folks,

I want to allow users to search for contacts and leads in my app using a custom controller. So far I am able to have users search by the contact's email address using the following query syntax:

List<Contact> contacts = [select name from Contact where email=:email];

What I'm wondering is whether if the user enters a partial email address, will this query also return "similar" results? Is there a LIKE condition I can use as there is in standard SQL?

I'm also interested in applying this to user's names - if the user searches for the name "John", i'd like to return all contacts with the first name John.

Will this sort of syntax do what I want? The documentation on doing database queries from Apex hasn't been very clear.

Thanks!

Hey folks,

I'm a bit perplexed - I'm just trying to generate a simple list of options for a dropdown box, but when I try to load the page I get told "invalid selectOptions found". I've done this before and I'm pretty sure I'm doing it right -- if anyone can spot what I am doing wrong I'd appreciate it.

The VisualForce page:

<apex:page controller="TCSearchCon" tabstyle="Card__tab">
 <apex:sectionheader title="Search Contacts & Leads"/>
          <apex:image id="banner" value="{!$Resource.banner}"/><br/>

<apex:pageblock >

<apex:pagemessages >

stuff
          </apex:pagemessages>
          <apex:form id="search">
                <apex:inputTextarea id="searchText" rows="1" cols="50" value="{!searchText}"/>
                <apex:selectList size="1" title="Search for..." value="{!searchType}">
                    <apex:selectOption value="{!searchTypes}"/>
                </apex:selectList>
                <p/>
                <apex:commandbutton action="{!submit}" value="Search" rerender="resultsPanel" status="status"/>
                <apex:commandbutton action="{!settings}" value="Settings"/>
          </apex:form>   
     <apex:outputPanel id="resultsPanel">
          <apex:actionstatus id="status" startText="Searching..."> 
             <apex:facet name="stop"> 
               <apex:outputPanel > 
                 <apex:outputText value="{!result}"/> 
              </apex:outputPanel> 
            </apex:facet> 
          </apex:actionstatus> 
</apex:pageblock></apex:page>

And the Apex code:

public class TCSearchCon {

public List<SelectOption> getsearchTypes() {
        List<SelectOption> searchTypes = new List<SelectOption>();
        searchTypes.add(new SelectOption('Name', 'name'));
        searchTypes.add(new SelectOption('Email', 'email'));
        searchTypes.add(new SelectOption('Company Name', 'company'));

return searchTypes;
    }

public List<SelectOption> searchTypes = getSearchTypes();

public PageReference settings() {
        PageReference ref = Page.TCSettings;
        ref.setRedirect(true);
        return ref;
    }

public String result { get; set; }

public PageReference submit() {
        PageReference ref = Page.TCSearchList;
        ref.getParameters().put('searchText', searchText);
        ref.getParameters().put('searchType', searchType.getValue());
        ref.setRedirect(true);
        return ref;        
    }

public SelectOption searchType { get; set; }

public String searchText { get; set; }

}

Thanks!

I'm currently using the Contact standard controller to display a list of contacts. I'd really like to display a mixed list of contacts and leads - can anyone tell me if that's possible?

Failing that, is it possible to list contacts, THEN leads, or do they have to be on separate pages?

Thanks!

Hello folks,

I'm using the Contacts standard controller to display a list of the user's contacts; the user then can click a button to select a particular contact. But I'm finding that the controller list method isn't allowing me to display more than 20 contacts at once. Is there any way to make it list all contacts, instead of the first 20? Failing that, is there a way to display the next section of the list?

Thank you in advance!

I recently uploaded a managed beta of my app to my test org for the first time, and I'm seeing some very strange behavior! My app contains a page which uses the Contact standard controller to display a list of contact names and email addresses. This works fine for me in the test org, and it works fine for another user I created - but the third and fourth users I created see no list of contacts!

I have verified that both have created several contacts, so the problem isn't simply that they have no contacts. Yet it seems like the contact list just isn't being populated by the Contact controller. I just don't get why this works for some users and not for others. Any ideas? I've pasted a copy of my Visualforce page below. (The controller extension doesn't do anything exciting, it just handles input and some redirects). 

If anyone has any idea what the problem could be, I would be very grateful to learn it!

<apex:page standardController="Contact" extensions="ListExtension" recordSetVar="contacts" tabStyle="Card__tab">
    <apex:form >
        <apex:pageBlock title="Contact List" mode="edit">
            <apex:pageMessages />
            <apex:outputPanel id="contactList"> 
            <apex:commandButton value="Configure" action="{!configure}"/>
            <apex:pageBlockTable value="{!contacts}" var="contact">
                <apex:column value="{!contact.Name}"/>
                <apex:column headerValue="Email" value="{!contact.email}">
                </apex:column>
                <apex:column headerValue="Select">
                    <apex:commandButton value="Select" action="{!chooseContact}" rerender="contactList">
                        <apex:param name="cemail" value="{!contact.email}" assignTo="{!contactEmail}"/>
                    </apex:commandButton>
            </apex:pageBlockTable>  
        </apex:pageBlock>
    </apex:page>

Hello folks,

I've just uploaded a beta of my application to my test org for the first time. Everything works fine in my dev org, but there seems to be a problem with the custom settings that are bundled with my application.

The first page a user sees when they open my application's tab for the first time is a 'settings' page. As you can see it just lets the user save some authentication info that the app will use later:

public class TCSettingsCon {

public String password { get; set; }

public String email { get; set; }    

String id = UserInfo.getUserId();
        TCUserInfo__c currentUserInfo = TCUserInfo__c.getInstance(id);
        if (currentUserInfo == null) {
            TCUserInfo__c userinfo = new TCUserInfo__c(SetupOwnerId=id, email__c=email, password__c=password);
            insert userinfo;
        } else {
            currentUserInfo.email__c = email;
            currentUserInfo.password__c = password;
            update currentUserInfo;
        }  
        PageReference ref = new PageReference('/Apex/TCList');
        ref.setRedirect(true);
        return ref; 
    }
}

Now, I think the problem comes from the fact that my if-condition isn't evaluating the way it did in the dev org. When I did this in the dev org, if the user hadn't configured the application yet by going to this settings page, currentUserInfo would be null. Well, it doesn't seem to be null in the test org, because I get the following error:

External entry point

Apex script unhandled exception by user/organization: 005U0000000ca6B/00DU0000000H9Wd

Visualforce Page: /apex/tangocard__TCSettings

caused by: System.DmlException: Update failed. First exception on row 0; first error: MISSING_ARGUMENT, Id not specified in an update call: []

Class.tc.TCSettingsCon.submit: line 16, column 13

As you can see, the if-statement is clearly evaluating as false in this case, so my code runs 'update' instead of 'insert'.

So now my question:

Does anyone know why the default value of a custom setting would  be null in the dev org, but not in the test org?

And, what check can I perform to see if the user has already configured the custom settings, so that I can tell my code to do an insert or an update as appropriate?

Thanks in advance!

Hello all,

I'm building an application that needs to authenticate against a non-Salesforce web service. I want the user to be able to configure the username and password for the website the first time the application runs, then be able to go back and update them later if they change. I also don't want the user to have to do anything other than install the app.

Unfortunately, I can't find a way to do this in Salesforce via Apex - there just doesn't seem to be a way to make data persist that doesn't fit into the standard Salesforce data model. I've thought of using Custom Settings for this, but it looks like that won't work - there are no methods to create or set custom settings in Apex that I can find, and these custom settings are shared across organizations - which obviously won't work for password storage.

If anyone has any suggestions, they would be most appreciated.

Hello all,

I'm trying to make an application that allows the user to define certain settings and have them be re-used the next time the application is opened. I see that you can define custom settings:

https://login.salesforce.com/help/doc/en/cs_define.htm

But the method for doing so described there requires making changes in the Salesforce UI. I don't want my users to have to muck around with doing so; is there a way to have my application create the custom settings programmatically the first time it is run?

Alternatively is it possible to create a custom database object programmatically, and store the information that way?

Thanks!

Hello all! 

I have a visualforce page that has a user pick something from a selectList, then calls an Apex method called doSelect when the user hits the button on a form. However, for some reason the method isn't getting called when the user presses the button. I'm guessing I've made a mistake in the visualforce code somewhere, but I can't spot it. I'm a little suprised as I've done this many times before.

Here's the code:

<apex:page controller="PickerCon" action="{!autoRun}">
<apex:sectionHeader title="Purchase"/>
<apex:outputPanel id="msg">
    This item will be sent to: &nbsp;<apex:outputText value="{!email}"/> 

<apex:pageBlock mode="edit">
<apex:pageblockSection title="Select an Item">
<apex:selectList value="{!selecteditem}">
            <apex:selectOptions value="{!items}"/>
</apex:pageblockSection>
<apex:pageBlockButtons >
          <apex:commandButton value="Purchase" action="{!doSelect}" rerender="msg"/>
          <apex:commandButton value="Cancel"/>
</apex:pageBlockButtons>

Hello!

I am trying to figure out how to pass information from the Contact standardController to another page. Ideally what I would like to do is to be able to pass the contact's email address into an arbitrary Apex method when the user presses the appropriate "purchase" button. Is this possible, perhaps by extending the controller?

Thanks!

Code below:

<apex:page standardController="Contact" recordSetVar="contacts" tabStyle="Contact">
        <apex:pageBlock title="Purchase" mode="edit">
                <apex:column headerValue="Purchase">
                    <apex:commandButton value="Purchase"/>

Hello folks. I'm doing something which I thought was fairly straightforward, but maybe not. :)
I'm trying to create a custom page which will display the current user's contacts and allow the user to click on a button to perform an operation on that user. However, I've ran into trouble rather early on - I can't get the contact list to display at all!
I'm working from the example here:
And here is my code:
<apex:page standardController="Contact" recordSetVar="contacts" tabStyle="Contact">
            <apex:pageBlockTable value="{!selected}" var="contact">
                <apex:column headerValue="Email">
                    <apex:inputField value="{!contact.email}"/>

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?
Thanks!

Hello all,

I'm using Ron Hess's JSONObject port and I'm having a strange issue. getString works fine, but trying to call getInt results in a compiler warning that says there is no such method. I can see perfectly well that JSONObject.cls has a public method called getInt which has the right signature, but the Apex compiler just doesn't seem to understand that!

Does anyone know what the problem might be?

Hello all! I'm new to Salesforce development and trying to hit the ground running. Unfortunately I'm having a rendering problem with my first VisualForce page; the Submit button appears but none of the input boxes do. Any idea what's wrong? My code is below.

<apex:page controller="ServiceController" tabstyle="Contact">
 <apex:sectionheader title="Service" subtitle="Purchase">

<apex:pageblockbuttons >
              <apex:commandbutton action="{!submit}" value="Submit" rerender="resultsPanel" status="status">
          </apex:commandbutton></apex:pageblockbuttons>

Purchase a TangoCard for a business partner today!

<apex:pageblocksection >
               <apex:pageblocksectionitem >
                    <apex:outputlabel for="username">Username</apex:outputlabel>
                    <apex:inputtext id="username" value="{!username}">
               </apex:inputtext></apex:pageblocksectionitem>
          </apex:pageblocksection>

<apex:outputlabel for="password">Password</apex:outputlabel>
                    <apex:inputtext id="password" value="{!password}">

<apex:outputlabel for="deliverToName">Deliver To</apex:outputlabel>
                    <apex:inputtext id="deliverToName" value="{!deliverToName}">

<apex:outputlabel for="deliverToEmail">Email Address</apex:outputlabel>
                    <apex:inputtext id="deliverToEmail" value="{!deliverToEmail}">

<apex:actionstatus id="status" starttext="Executing...">
<apex:outputpanel id="resultsPanel">
</apex:outputpanel>
</apex:pagemessages></apex:pageblock></apex:form></apex:sectionheader></apex:page>

Hello all,

I'm wondering if it is possible to launch an app from within the regular Salesforce interface. Specifically, I would like to add a button to the Contacts tab that launches my app when clicked, populating it with information from the contact currently being viewed. Does Salesforce support doing things like this?

I know that I can create custom buttons by going to Setup | Customize | Accounts | Page Layouts, but what I'm not clear on is whether I can package those buttons into an app and have them appear when the user installs the app.

Thanks in advance for your help!

My company is working with one of its partners to integrate our Salesforce apps. I was curious if there was a way for our applications to share data or otherwise call into one another. Is this possible, or should I try to work around it with web services?

Hello folks,

I'm using the Contacts standard controller to display a list of the user's contacts; the user then can click a button to select a particular contact. But I'm finding that the controller list method isn't allowing me to display more than 20 contacts at once. Is there any way to make it list all contacts, instead of the first 20? Failing that, is there a way to display the next section of the list?

Thank you in advance!

I recently uploaded a managed beta of my app to my test org for the first time, and I'm seeing some very strange behavior! My app contains a page which uses the Contact standard controller to display a list of contact names and email addresses. This works fine for me in the test org, and it works fine for another user I created - but the third and fourth users I created see no list of contacts!

I have verified that both have created several contacts, so the problem isn't simply that they have no contacts. Yet it seems like the contact list just isn't being populated by the Contact controller. I just don't get why this works for some users and not for others. Any ideas? I've pasted a copy of my Visualforce page below. (The controller extension doesn't do anything exciting, it just handles input and some redirects). 

If anyone has any idea what the problem could be, I would be very grateful to learn it!

<apex:page standardController="Contact" extensions="ListExtension" recordSetVar="contacts" tabStyle="Card__tab">
        <apex:pageBlock title="Contact List" mode="edit">
            <apex:outputPanel id="contactList"> 
            <apex:commandButton value="Configure" action="{!configure}"/>
                <apex:column headerValue="Select">
                    <apex:commandButton value="Select" action="{!chooseContact}" rerender="contactList">
                        <apex:param name="cemail" value="{!contact.email}" assignTo="{!contactEmail}"/>
                    </apex:commandButton>

Hello folks,

I've just uploaded a beta of my application to my test org for the first time. Everything works fine in my dev org, but there seems to be a problem with the custom settings that are bundled with my application.

The first page a user sees when they open my application's tab for the first time is a 'settings' page. As you can see it just lets the user save some authentication info that the app will use later:

public class TCSettingsCon {

public String password { get; set; }

public String email { get; set; }    

String id = UserInfo.getUserId();
        TCUserInfo__c currentUserInfo = TCUserInfo__c.getInstance(id);
        if (currentUserInfo == null) {
            TCUserInfo__c userinfo = new TCUserInfo__c(SetupOwnerId=id, email__c=email, password__c=password);
            insert userinfo;
        } else {
            currentUserInfo.email__c = email;
            currentUserInfo.password__c = password;
            update currentUserInfo;
        }  
        PageReference ref = new PageReference('/Apex/TCList');
        ref.setRedirect(true);
        return ref; 
    }
}

Now, I think the problem comes from the fact that my if-condition isn't evaluating the way it did in the dev org. When I did this in the dev org, if the user hadn't configured the application yet by going to this settings page, currentUserInfo would be null. Well, it doesn't seem to be null in the test org, because I get the following error:

External entry point

Apex script unhandled exception by user/organization: 005U0000000ca6B/00DU0000000H9Wd

Visualforce Page: /apex/tangocard__TCSettings

caused by: System.DmlException: Update failed. First exception on row 0; first error: MISSING_ARGUMENT, Id not specified in an update call: []

Class.tc.TCSettingsCon.submit: line 16, column 13

As you can see, the if-statement is clearly evaluating as false in this case, so my code runs 'update' instead of 'insert'.

So now my question:

Does anyone know why the default value of a custom setting would  be null in the dev org, but not in the test org?

And, what check can I perform to see if the user has already configured the custom settings, so that I can tell my code to do an insert or an update as appropriate?

Thanks in advance!

Hello all,

I'm building an application that needs to authenticate against a non-Salesforce web service. I want the user to be able to configure the username and password for the website the first time the application runs, then be able to go back and update them later if they change. I also don't want the user to have to do anything other than install the app.

Unfortunately, I can't find a way to do this in Salesforce via Apex - there just doesn't seem to be a way to make data persist that doesn't fit into the standard Salesforce data model. I've thought of using Custom Settings for this, but it looks like that won't work - there are no methods to create or set custom settings in Apex that I can find, and these custom settings are shared across organizations - which obviously won't work for password storage.

If anyone has any suggestions, they would be most appreciated.

Hello all,

I'm trying to make an application that allows the user to define certain settings and have them be re-used the next time the application is opened. I see that you can define custom settings:

https://login.salesforce.com/help/doc/en/cs_define.htm

But the method for doing so described there requires making changes in the Salesforce UI. I don't want my users to have to muck around with doing so; is there a way to have my application create the custom settings programmatically the first time it is run?

Alternatively is it possible to create a custom database object programmatically, and store the information that way?

Thanks!

Hello all! 

I have a visualforce page that has a user pick something from a selectList, then calls an Apex method called doSelect when the user hits the button on a form. However, for some reason the method isn't getting called when the user presses the button. I'm guessing I've made a mistake in the visualforce code somewhere, but I can't spot it. I'm a little suprised as I've done this many times before.

Here's the code:

<apex:page controller="PickerCon" action="{!autoRun}">
<apex:sectionHeader title="Purchase"/>
<apex:outputPanel id="msg">
    This item will be sent to: &nbsp;<apex:outputText value="{!email}"/> 

<apex:pageBlock mode="edit">
<apex:pageblockSection title="Select an Item">
<apex:selectList value="{!selecteditem}">
            <apex:selectOptions value="{!items}"/>
</apex:pageblockSection>
<apex:pageBlockButtons >
          <apex:commandButton value="Purchase" action="{!doSelect}" rerender="msg"/>
          <apex:commandButton value="Cancel"/>
</apex:pageBlockButtons>

Hello!

I am trying to figure out how to pass information from the Contact standardController to another page. Ideally what I would like to do is to be able to pass the contact's email address into an arbitrary Apex method when the user presses the appropriate "purchase" button. Is this possible, perhaps by extending the controller?

Thanks!

Code below:

Hello folks. I'm doing something which I thought was fairly straightforward, but maybe not. :)
I'm trying to create a custom page which will display the current user's contacts and allow the user to click on a button to perform an operation on that user. However, I've ran into trouble rather early on - I can't get the contact list to display at all!
I'm working from the example here:
And here is my code:
            <apex:pageBlockTable value="{!selected}" var="contact">
                <apex:column headerValue="Email">
                    <apex:inputField value="{!contact.email}"/>

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?
Thanks!

Hello all,

I'm using Ron Hess's JSONObject port and I'm having a strange issue. getString works fine, but trying to call getInt results in a compiler warning that says there is no such method. I can see perfectly well that JSONObject.cls has a public method called getInt which has the right signature, but the Apex compiler just doesn't seem to understand that!

Does anyone know what the problem might be?

Hello all! I'm new to Salesforce development and trying to hit the ground running. Unfortunately I'm having a rendering problem with my first VisualForce page; the Submit button appears but none of the input boxes do. Any idea what's wrong? My code is below.

<apex:page controller="ServiceController" tabstyle="Contact">
 <apex:sectionheader title="Service" subtitle="Purchase">

<apex:pageblockbuttons >
              <apex:commandbutton action="{!submit}" value="Submit" rerender="resultsPanel" status="status">
          </apex:commandbutton></apex:pageblockbuttons>

Purchase a TangoCard for a business partner today!

<apex:outputlabel for="username">Username</apex:outputlabel>
                    <apex:inputtext id="username" value="{!username}">

<apex:outputlabel for="password">Password</apex:outputlabel>
                    <apex:inputtext id="password" value="{!password}">

<apex:outputlabel for="deliverToName">Deliver To</apex:outputlabel>
                    <apex:inputtext id="deliverToName" value="{!deliverToName}">

<apex:outputlabel for="deliverToEmail">Email Address</apex:outputlabel>
                    <apex:inputtext id="deliverToEmail" value="{!deliverToEmail}">

<apex:actionstatus id="status" starttext="Executing...">
<apex:outputpanel id="resultsPanel">
</apex:outputpanel>
</apex:pagemessages></apex:pageblock></apex:form></apex:sectionheader></apex:page>