• Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Good morning,

I thought I'd ask this question in case there was a standard way to implement many to many relationships.

What is the best way to represent many to many relationships within salesforce. I'm used to simply creating a new table to store both IDs, but don't know whether this is efficient in salesforce and the simplicity (if possible) of using a case for page layouts etc.

Thank you for your time,

Lloyd

Good morning,

I'm using the Person object to represent clients in the system.

Users are being uploaded as an account object via the API in .net. The e-mail field is being set on the .net side. When I log in to salesforce, view one of these created accounts and select "Send E-mail", the next page displays but doesn't have any of the fields pre-populated.

This defeats the objective of selecting the 'Send E-mail' within an account objects page, as I then have to manually search for the user in the e-mail field.

Am I missing out on something obvious or is this functionality simply not available? If it is available, where does the page get the e-mail address to populate the text boxes from?

Thank you for your time,

Lloyd

Good morning,

I have a query that I would like to find out if the functionality is available within salesforce.

I have 3 objects. One is the country object, (representing a country), I will be populating this with some countries.

I also have a resort object, this will have a lookup relationship to the country table as one of its fields.

The third object is a quote object, within this object it will have a resort variable that is a lookup relationship of a resort object.

To the question :- In my quote page layout, alongside the resort field I want a country field, but not as a lookup relationship, I would like it to simply display the selected resorts country  (if you know what I mean), but can't seem to find a way to achieve this (I want to avoid using another lookup relationship to the country, because then it won't be in line with the resorts country).

Quote Page

----------------

Resort Field --> the resort that the quote object is related to

Country Field --> the country that the resort that the quote is related to

Thank you for your time,

Lloyd

I tried to explain this as well as possible, although it was a bit of a tongue twister!