• Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

I have to create a crieria based sharing rule for Account and I was trying to referance a custom label in one of the filer.Unfortunately it is not working . Does any know,is there any way to referance a custom label in sharing rule filter ? Thanks in advance..

Hi,

I have to create a crieria based sharing rule for Account and I was trying to referance a custom label in one of the filer.Unfortunately it is not working . Does any know,is there any way to referance a custom label in sharing rule filter ?

Does anyone know how to enable Chatter Desktop and Chatter Mobile access to an SFDC org that is locked down to SSO access only? We have a requirement to lock down the standard SFDC login screen and force users to login via SSO only.We are using Federated authentication for SSO.

Hi,

In my org,I am using public Read/Write sharing model for Account and Contact.

I am able to see and search all contact records through global search.But if I am trying to search any contact which is owned by a different user in a Contact lookup dialogue,it is not showing the records.I am just wonderin which settings decides the visibility of records in Lookup dialoague box?

There are no lookup filters present in my org.

How can I demo an inbound service call, where the agent and customer begin using Facetime to view the issue the customer is facing. I have seen this done at dreamforce conferences and wondering if I can replicate the same use case in my dev org?

Hi,

I would like to setup CTI functionality in my developer org. I don't have any existing telephone system where the CTI is implemented.I am just doing a demonstration to my management team how Service Cloud functionality works in real business use case scenarios.Any help is appreciated.

Here is my plan

1) Use my existing land line phone as hardware system or use a VOIP telephone system in computer.

2)Use Salesforce CTI connector for setting up call center.

I am trying to achieve this business scenario : When someone calls to my landline number (eg:1212),the salesforce users accepts the call through softphone and they speak to the caller.

I understand that we need a PBX system or telephone system,but unfortunately I don't have one .If you know any options to achieve this without a telehone system,please let me know.

Hi,

We need to create an online shopping tool/order form and the suggestion is currently to use the Salesforce Customer Portal or perhaps the Sites section.

Ideally, the order itself would go into Salesforce as a Opportunity  and the products as line items to one of those objects. However, we are 99% certain that its not possible for a portal/authenticated site user to access these objects (even via an Apex script) since portal/site profiles do not provide access to these objects. Our current thought of a workaround is to simply duplicate the objects so we have our own custom versions of them. Even though this would work, it seems a bit odd that we are creating custom objects for something that Salesforce provides for you as standard. 

If anyone has any suggestions or tips on how to go around this, we would love to hear them.

Hi,

I have one requirement.

I have embeded a VF page in standard Lead page layout .I have set the height of the page as 200 pixels.

The page is having a command button and when we click on the button a form will display in the VF page section.This functionality has been already implemented.The issue is that since the button height is only 30 pixel ,while loading the page is allocating 200 pixels for the VF page even though only a small button is displaying.

Is there any way to collapse this section while initially loading the page?

Please let me know if you need any more details.

Does anyone know how to enable Chatter Desktop and Chatter Mobile access to an SFDC org that is locked down to SSO access only? We have a requirement to lock down the standard SFDC login screen and force users to login via SSO only.We are using Federated authentication for SSO.

hi ,

i have a custom lookup field - field1 which looks up to User object. and another text field - field2  which contains the username. i want to fetch the id of the username from field2 and pass it to field1 . so that lookup field also will contain the same username. field2 is being populated by informatica. i have written this trigger but somehow does not seem to work.

trigger updateEmployeeId on Peoplesoft_User_View__c (after insert, after update) {
if (Trigger.isBefore) {
if (Trigger.isInsert) {
for(Peoplesoft_user_view__c p : trigger.New){
 // ppl = [ select employee_name__c from Peoplesoft_User_View__c];
User u = new User();
u = [select ID from user where Username =:p.employee_name_text__c];
p.Employee_Name__c = u.ID;
}
}
}
}

Hi,

In my org,I am using public Read/Write sharing model for Account and Contact.

I am able to see and search all contact records through global search.But if I am trying to search any contact which is owned by a different user in a Contact lookup dialogue,it is not showing the records.I am just wonderin which settings decides the visibility of records in Lookup dialoague box?

There are no lookup filters present in my org.

Hi,

I would like to setup CTI functionality in my developer org. I don't have any existing telephone system where the CTI is implemented.I am just doing a demonstration to my management team how Service Cloud functionality works in real business use case scenarios.Any help is appreciated.

Here is my plan

1) Use my existing land line phone as hardware system or use a VOIP telephone system in computer.

2)Use Salesforce CTI connector for setting up call center.

I am trying to achieve this business scenario : When someone calls to my landline number (eg:1212),the salesforce users accepts the call through softphone and they speak to the caller.

I understand that we need a PBX system or telephone system,but unfortunately I don't have one .If you know any options to achieve this without a telehone system,please let me know.

Hi,

I have one requirement.

I have embeded a VF page in standard Lead page layout .I have set the height of the page as 200 pixels.

The page is having a command button and when we click on the button a form will display in the VF page section.This functionality has been already implemented.The issue is that since the button height is only 30 pixel ,while loading the page is allocating 200 pixels for the VF page even though only a small button is displaying.

Is there any way to collapse this section while initially loading the page?

Please let me know if you need any more details.

Hi,

The company I work for wants to create an online shopping tool/order form and the suggestion is currently to use the Salesforce Customer Portal or perhaps the Sites section.

Ideally, the order itself would go into Salesforce as a Opportunity or Quote and the products as line items to one of those objects. However, we are 99% certain that its not possible for a portal/authenticated site user to access these objects (even via an Apex script) since portal/site profiles do not provide access to these objects. Our current thought of a workaround is to simply duplicate the objects so we have our own custom versions of them. Even though this would work, it seems a bit odd that we are creating custom objects for something that Salesforce provides for you as standard. 

If anyone has any suggestions or tips on how to go around this, we would love to hear them.

Thanks

Warren