• 10 Points
  • Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Is there any way to identify if Salesforce update trigger is executed because of API action (mass load using data loader) or through Salesforce UI (user edit the record and saved it).
Please let me know if anybody already tried this.

I am trying to use Salesforce Data Loader CLI to move data in and out Salesforce and have following questions, please help!!!

1) Can we use Stored Proc in CLI

2) As we know Salesforce id/pwd expires every 3 months, does that mean I also have to update process-config.xml evey 3 months. Is there any workaround.

3) How can I delete a subset of data from Salesforce (I know if I have Salesforce IDs in CSV or in database, it can be deleted by creating a bean for it but...) is there any other way of doing it.

4) Since last modified date and time is changed for both 'success' and 'error' files after each job how can I notify scheduler that there was an error in last run. Any better way of doing it.

Thanks,

I know we can put interaction logs for an object in service cloud console that archive as task but I want to know if it can be modified to create a cases on a Contact.

Alternatively, is it possible to disable interaction log feature and enable similar functionality for cases.

Please let me know if anybody has tried.

Thanks!!!!

I need to send reminder to salesforce users with list of open cases assigned to them.

I have considered multiple options but none of them seems to be giving me perfect solution, please let me know if anybody has a better approach.

Option1: Create a scheduled report and email it to the user (Since I need list of open cases for each user I will have to create report for each user, Can I create just one report and run it for multiple users?)

Option2: Display open cases as dashboard report (problem is dashboard report does not allow more than 3 fields and one of them need to be summary field, so I am left with only 2 field effectively for case information)

Option3: Create custom e-mail template and send open cases to users via scheduling it through Apex. (Problem is with Apex code, I have to loop around with all Salesforce users check for any open cases with them create a list of it and then email it, I am not sure if governance limit will come into picture if I take this approach)

Option4: Create Task Popup like functionality for cases (seems like lot of effort and unable to get starting point)

Can we make a callout from apex code to a secured server using user ID and password.

I know it can be done with the use of SSL connector and signed certificate but I am wondering if we can use wsdl2apex and then use user login and password to login into remote server that host website.

Thanks,

Is there any way we can have popup reminder window for open cases (similar to what we have for Tasks) or same task reminder window can be used to display open cases information as well.
Wondering if anybody else has tried this before, if yes, please let me know.

Thanks

Is it possible to filter out only contact related to an account in a case object. When a case is created from account, it has the account field in case populated with the account name/Id. I want to select contact and the lookup should only show contacts related to this account. Is this possible?
I have a filter criteria case: Account Name ID Equals Contact Name : Account Name : Account ID. Event then it is not working.

i created 1 form in visualforce and 1 custom object in sf and kept it as standard controller in my page... and i wrote 1 custom controller and gave as extension in page............... now i want to save the values in that page as well as in my sf object how can we do that....... whenever m saving any data in that page its redirecting to sf object but i want to redirect it to same page with its values saved..... how to do that can anyone help me regarding this
  • January 23, 2013

I have customized Cases.  We have two Case record types: Client Meeting and Prospect Meeting.  The standard Type field has six values: three are available for Client Meeting records and the other three are available for Prospect Meeting records.

I have overridden the New Case button to call a VF page that redirects the user (after the record type is created) to an Edit page for Client Meetings (Slide_List) or an Edit page for Prospect Meeitngs (Prospect_Slide_List).  Both of those VF pages include the Type field like this:

<apex:pageBlockSectionItem >
                    <apex:outputLabel value="Type" /> <apex:inputField value="{!case.Type}" required="true" />
                </apex:pageBlockSectionItem>

Unfortunately, on both the Client Meetings page and the Prospect Meetings page, I am seeing only the picklist values for Type that are defined for the Client Meetings record type.  

No values are set as default if that matters at all.

Relevant portions of Case.object:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<CustomObject xmlns="http://soap.sforce.com/2006/04/metadata">
    <fields>
        <fullName>Type</fullName>
        <picklist>
            <picklistValues>
                <fullName>Account Review - At SAM</fullName>
                <default>false</default>
            </picklistValues>
            <picklistValues>
                <fullName>Account Review - At Client</fullName>
                <default>false</default>
            </picklistValues>
            <picklistValues>
                <fullName>Account Review - Conference Call</fullName>
                <default>false</default>
            </picklistValues>
            <picklistValues>
                <fullName>Prospect Meeting - At SAM</fullName>
                <default>false</default>
            </picklistValues>
            <picklistValues>
                <fullName>Prospect Meeting - At Client</fullName>
                <default>false</default>
            </picklistValues>
            <picklistValues>
                <fullName>Prospect Meeting - Conference Call</fullName>
                <default>false</default>
            </picklistValues>
            <sorted>false</sorted>
        </picklist>
        <type>Picklist</type>
    </fields>
    <recordTypes>
        <fullName>Client_Meeting</fullName>
        <active>true</active>
        <businessProcess>Client Meeting Request</businessProcess>
        <label>Client Meeting</label>
        <picklistValues>
            <picklist>Type</picklist>
            <values>
                <fullName>Account Review - At Client</fullName>
                <default>false</default>
            </values>
            <values>
                <fullName>Account Review - At SAM</fullName>
                <default>false</default>
            </values>
            <values>
                <fullName>Account Review - Conference Call</fullName>
                <default>false</default>
            </values>
        </picklistValues>
    </recordTypes>
    <recordTypes>
        <fullName>Prospect_Meeting</fullName>
        <active>true</active>
        <businessProcess>Prospect Meeting Request</businessProcess>
        <label>Prospect Meeting</label>
        <picklistValues>
            <picklist>Type</picklist>
            <values>
                <fullName>Prospect Meeting - At Client</fullName>
                <default>false</default>
            </values>
            <values>
                <fullName>Prospect Meeting - At SAM</fullName>
                <default>false</default>
            </values>
            <values>
                <fullName>Prospect Meeting - Conference Call</fullName>
                <default>false</default>
            </values>
        </picklistValues>
    </recordTypes>

i am attempting to delete all records in my org.  i have deleted all records that are associated with Accounts - and am now deleting Accounts.  There is a single Account that i am unable to delete - i'm getting the following message - even when i just try to delete the individual record via the interface:

Delete Operation Too Large
You can’t delete more than 100,000 combined objects and child records at the same time. Select fewer records to delete. If you're trying to delete one object that has more than 100,000 child records, delete an appropriate number of child records before deleting the object.

Until recently this account did have thousands of associated records, but now it has none.  It's as if the system is still seeing those records on the back-end - even though they've been deleted and aren't visible in the front-end.

Has anyone seen this?  (note that i emptied the recycle bin...i checked Storage Usage to confirm that all other records have been deleted...)

Thanks
Chris

I know we can put interaction logs for an object in service cloud console that archive as task but I want to know if it can be modified to create a cases on a Contact.

Alternatively, is it possible to disable interaction log feature and enable similar functionality for cases.

Please let me know if anybody has tried.

Thanks!!!!

We need to extract data from our database (sql server) and load it into SF. Does anyone know if we can use stored procedures in the config file for running the data loader on the command line? 

Thanks much 

I want to remove Save & New button on Account edit page layout. I saw some older posts where S-control was a solution to get the button Id and disable it. but we have a new salesforce instance, where s - controls cannot be created. Please let me know if there is any other work around to just disable that button on the edit page layout.

Thanks,

PK

When using InlineEditSupport with picklist fields - there is some odd behaviour occuring -

If the select dropdown happens to fall over another inlineEditSupport control [which almost always will be the case] - once you hover over an item in the dropdown that sits in front of another inlineEditControl - the select dropdown disappears.

In internet explorer (6-8 at least)

1. Have a pageBlock with 1 column and two fields that are dropdowns...

2. Initiate the inline edit and move the mouse over the select options down the page

3. When you end up at an option that sits in front of the second field - the select box disappears....

Ouch is this frustrating.

• February 11, 2011