• 0 Points
  • Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

We have a number of problems with phone number entries, our contacts integrate with another system and we are having failures due to unseen characters being entered into phone numbers... these seem to happen when numbers are copy paste into salesforce.

The user cannot see them and is not aware, sometimes this can simply be a leading or trailing 'space'.. I want to add validation that will ensure numbers are added and cannot be saved with these present, Im wondering the best way to do it as there are so many different ways to enter a phone number, is there a REGEX for it? We mainly work on UK numbers but could have to add international. Thanks

We have a number of problems with phone number entries, our contacts integrate with another system and we are having failures due to unseen characters being entered into phone numbers... these seem to happen when numbers are copy paste into salesforce.

The user cannot see them and is not aware, sometimes this can simply be a leading or trailing 'space'..  I want to add validation that will ensure numbers are added and cannot be saved with these present,

Im wondering the best way to do it as there are so many different ways to enster a phone number, is thier a REGEX for it?  we mainly work on UK numbers but could have to add internationsl.

Thanks

The user cannot see them and is not aware, sometimes this can simply be a leading or trailing 'space'..  I want to add validation that will ensure numbers are added and cannot be saved with these present,

Im wondering the best way to do it as there are so many different ways to enster a phone number, is thier a REGEX for it?  we mainly work on UK numbers but could have to add internationsl.

Thanks