• 75 Points
  • Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

What is the scope of the streaming topic?  Seems like topic is only subscribe-able by client who created it?  How do you make a Stream Topic available to other user within the orginzation to subscribe to the topic?

• May 02, 2012

I am using the sample java program and the Spring 12 api definition to by 'production' org.

I created a pushTopic,

ushTopic pushTopic = new PushTopic();
pushTopic.Name = 'updatedProblem';
pushtopic.Query = 'SELECT Id, Name, Description__c FROM Problem__c';
pushTopic.ApiVersion = 24.0;
pushTopic.NotifyForOperations = 'Update';
pushTopic.NotifyForFields = 'All';
insert pushTopic;

my java client is a cut/paste of the one in the api guide

http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/api_streaming/api_streaming.pdf#event_notification_rules_intro

I get

Running streaming client example....
Login successful!
Endpoint: https://na1-api.salesforce.com
Sessionid=00D30000000jo9e!AQQAQEbJr3rM1vgwppitYURcIplikvmta8l5u__5T7gmedcBDEctGGoRs262NxS7NzCet8jVIZLSExOaQZ0Ph6Xa5VBC4rP6
Waiting for handshake
[CHANNEL:META_HANDSHAKE]: {"id":"1","minimumVersion":"1.0","supportedConnectionTypes":["long-polling"],"successful":true,"channel":"/meta/handshake","clientId":"31dcwirt5psp2c12frbcxjofwtu","version":"1.0"}
[CHANNEL:META_CONNECT]: {"id":"2","successful":true,"advice":{"interval":0,"reconnect":"retry","timeout":110000},"channel":"/meta/connect"}
Subscribing for channel: /updatedProblem'
Waiting for streamed data from your organization ...
[CHANNEL:META_SUBSCRIBE]: {"id":"4","subscription":"/updatedProblem'","successful":true,"channel":"/meta/subscribe"}
[CHANNEL:META_CONNECT]: {"id":"3","successful":true,"channel":"/meta/connect"}

I edit an existing 'Problem' record, (I have disabled the trigger I created for this object) press save

nothing..

I have notify set to All

from the doc: (emphasis mine)

NotifyForFields Set to All
When you set the value of PushTopic.NotifyForFields to All, a change to any field value in the record causes the
Streaming API matching logic to evaluate the record to determine if a notification should be generated. Changes to record
field values cause this evaluation whether or not those fields are referenced in the PushTopic query SELECT clause or WHERE
clause.

I do see the cycle thru the read timeout and reconnect

• February 07, 2012

Use case: Account is created using Salesforce Apex. Need to send this account information to external vendors.

To do this I was planning to use Mule ESB which will subscribe to a topic "Account create". The question is what if topic subscriber (Mule ESB in this case) goes down?  Will Salesforce try to deliver the event again till it succeeds?

Thanks,

Kam

I'm getting this error message when I try to create a Stream Topic with a simple query:

SELECT CaseNumber, Owner, CreatedBy,Status, EngineeringReqNumber__c from Cases

Error Creating Push Topic:
sObject type 'Cases' is not supported. If you are attempting to use a custom object, be sure to append the '__c' after the entity name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names.

How do I know which obect supports streaming?  Is there a way to set the object to Streamable?  I can stream the Account object fine.  What's the difference between Account and Cases?

• May 02, 2012

What is the scope of the streaming topic?  Seems like topic is only subscribe-able by client who created it?  How do you make a Stream Topic available to other user within the orginzation to subscribe to the topic?

• May 02, 2012

I was trying to get idea about streaming APIs. Trying the example given on following salesforce wiki page. 

http://wiki.developerforce.com/page/Getting_Started_with_the_Force.com_Streaming_API

but its not working . On  using JS console on chrome- getting following error : 

"Appending message type to URI /cometd/23.0/ is not supported, disabling 'appendMessageTypeToURL' configuration"

Please let me know , if anyone has any idea about it. I've tried to take care all things mentioned in following post. 

http://boards.developerforce.com/t5/Streaming-API-Developer-Preview/Error-trying-to-do-the-Visualforce-sample-of-Streaming-Api/td-p/349157

thanks !!

I am using the sample java program and the Spring 12 api definition to by 'production' org.

I created a pushTopic,

ushTopic pushTopic = new PushTopic();
pushTopic.Name = 'updatedProblem';
pushtopic.Query = 'SELECT Id, Name, Description__c FROM Problem__c';
pushTopic.ApiVersion = 24.0;
pushTopic.NotifyForOperations = 'Update';
pushTopic.NotifyForFields = 'All';
insert pushTopic;

my java client is a cut/paste of the one in the api guide

http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/api_streaming/api_streaming.pdf#event_notification_rules_intro

I get

Login successful!
Endpoint: https://na1-api.salesforce.com
Sessionid=00D30000000jo9e!AQQAQEbJr3rM1vgwppitYURcIplikvmta8l5u__5T7gmedcBDEctGGoRs262NxS7NzCet8jVIZLSExOaQZ0Ph6Xa5VBC4rP6
Waiting for handshake
[CHANNEL:META_HANDSHAKE]: {"id":"1","minimumVersion":"1.0","supportedConnectionTypes":["long-polling"],"successful":true,"channel":"/meta/handshake","clientId":"31dcwirt5psp2c12frbcxjofwtu","version":"1.0"}
[CHANNEL:META_CONNECT]: {"id":"2","successful":true,"advice":{"interval":0,"reconnect":"retry","timeout":110000},"channel":"/meta/connect"}
Subscribing for channel: /updatedProblem'
[CHANNEL:META_SUBSCRIBE]: {"id":"4","subscription":"/updatedProblem'","successful":true,"channel":"/meta/subscribe"}
[CHANNEL:META_CONNECT]: {"id":"3","successful":true,"channel":"/meta/connect"}

I edit an existing 'Problem' record, (I have disabled the trigger I created for this object) press save

nothing..

I have notify set to All

from the doc: (emphasis mine)

NotifyForFields Set to All
When you set the value of PushTopic.NotifyForFields to All, a change to any field value in the record causes the
Streaming API matching logic to evaluate the record to determine if a notification should be generated. Changes to record
field values cause this evaluation whether or not those fields are referenced in the PushTopic query SELECT clause or WHERE
clause.

I do see the cycle thru the read timeout and reconnect

• February 07, 2012

Use case: Account is created using Salesforce Apex. Need to send this account information to external vendors.

To do this I was planning to use Mule ESB which will subscribe to a topic "Account create". The question is what if topic subscriber (Mule ESB in this case) goes down?  Will Salesforce try to deliver the event again till it succeeds?

Thanks,

Kam

Hi I have tried to register using the http://www.developerforce.com/events/streaming_api_upgrade/registrations link but every time it takes me to different page.

Please can any one guide me how to get registered to use/enable the Streaming API.

• December 30, 2011

Hello,

I have a very basic setup with my SFDC custom page listening for updates.

For testing purposes I made the script as simple as possible:

$.cometd.subscribe('/topic/allcontacts', function(message) {
            var idJSON = JSON.stringify(message.data.sobject.Id);
            alert('idJSON = ' + idJSON);
}

In 95% cases page gets the updates as expected, but sometimes it doesn't. 

For my tests I was adding an email to Contact objects using WebServices API, the very same action fires notification almost always, but once in 20 times or so it doesn't.

Has anybody experienced the same problem?

Thanks,

Valery 

• December 16, 2011

I have a long text field that I'd like to stream.  However, apparently long text is not supported?

Is there a way around this?

• December 06, 2011

I'm trying to use the "owner" field on a custom object through API.

I keep getting the error:

No such column 'Owner' on entity 'ISOOffice__Merchant_Application__c'. If you are attempting to use a custom field, be sure to append the '__c' after the custom field name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names.

Here is the part of the QUERY:

ISOOffice__Merchant_Application__c WHERE Owner="Pre-Boarding" AND CreatedDate...

I tried appending '__c' to Owner but that didn't work. On the salesforce website it doesn't list what to use for Owner in the API other than Owner. Also the WSDL has it listed as Owner as well. Any ideas as to what is going wrong and how to fix it?

Thank you in advance.

Hello, 

I'm having the dullest problem possible.
I believe everything is set up correctly.
I use Developer's SFDC account, Streaming API is enabled (I verified checkbox is on) , I believe I'm on API version 23 (this what generated Enterprise API says).

I have set up the simplest  PushTopic from examples - AllAccounts("Select Id, Name from Account").

The Pushtopic is visible in Workbench.

My problem is that on create/update to Accounts I do not get any notification messages. Nothing at all
I tried Workbench, Apex Page and Java. No errors and no notifications.

See below Java output as example.

Login successful!
Endpoint: https://na9-api.salesforce.com
Sessionid=00DE0000000K86D!ARoAQB9_iG.n0vBUOJX4XbOGheKfTQEWHySmOMTS55a5Hj9kxIwZXlHZL4ebBTfpod7hg4jVa.aIyQF.MZaGzMXZRFAI7K1C
Waiting for handshake
[CHANNEL:META_HANDSHAKE]: {"id":"1","minimumVersion":"1.0","supportedConnectionTypes":["long-polling"],"successful":true,"channel":"/meta/handshake","clientId":"21sasoutiukcud14fab90nt0gou","version":"1.0"}
Subscribing for channel: /topic/AllAccounts
[CHANNEL:META_SUBSCRIBE]: {"id":"4","subscription":"/topic/AllAccounts","successful":true,"channel":"/meta/subscribe"}
....[CHANNEL:META_CONNECT]: {"id":"3","successful":true,"channel":"/meta/connect"}

What am I missing?

• October 29, 2011