• 50 Points
  • Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Can we enable Salesforce Content for Dev Orgs? If so, how?
  • February 24, 2009

Hi everyone,

Can a formula field referencing a parent trigger a workflow rule with the criteria ISCHANGED(formula field) without having to open the record and save it?

I'm thinking no, that the child record will have to be updated but thought I would ask. Does anyone have a simple workaround not involving triggers?

Thank you! I'm learning A TON on these boards!

Hi Everyone -

I have a custom object with a master detail relationship to the opportunity object. I would like to create workflow rules on the custom object that uses criteria from the Opportunity. I can build the criteria on the workflow, but the workflow is not firing...

Here is what my criteria looks like:

AND(
ISPICKVAL( Project_Leader__c , "Joe Smith"),
ISPICKVAL( Opportunity__r.StageName , "Closed Won")
)

The first criteria is from the custom object and the second is from the opportunity.

1) Can I write criteria for workflow rules in the manner described above?

2) If so, what are the limitations?

Thank you!

I am trying to create a work flow rule that pushes out the close date by 30 days (Close Cate+30) if the opportunity has not been set to Closed within 14 days of the Close Date.

Rule Criteria: IsClosed=FALSE

Evaluation Criteria: When a record is created, or when a record is edited and did not previously meet the rule criteria

Time-Dependent Workflow Actions

14 Days Before Opportunity: Close Date

Field to UpdateOpportunity: Close Date
Field Data TypeDate
Formula ValueCloseDate + 30

My question:

I have checked monitoring-->Time Based Workflow Rules. And it appears to be working fine for new opportunities that have been created after rule activation. But, the org has many opportunities that were already created that I would like this rule to impact.

Is there any way to do this with out creating a new opps record or editing each existing record?

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

I have a status picklist that I would like to track. I created a text field called Previous Status that I would like to display the last status the picklist was set to.

I have a workflow set for to fire when the status changes (ISCHANGED) that is working fine. But my field update is populating the text field with numbers (1-4, the number of values on the picklist).

I know the problem is with the field update formula, but I'm not sure how to fix. Currently the formula is:

PRIORVALUE( Permit_Status__c ) Which I know is wrong.

Has anyone done this before?

I know this can be done but I can't seem to figure out how.

I have a table chart in a dashboard and I would like for the names of the accounts and opportunities to be displayed as hyperlinks on table.

Does anyone know how to configure this?

Thanks in advance.

Hi there,

Does anyone know a way to build a visual force page that will display locations on a google map from account list views?

For example, when my accounts is chosen from accounts view, I would like to be able to see all of those locations mapped.

It can be a separate tab, or embedded somehow on the list view page.

I'm no expert but I'm learning :)

Thanks!!

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know a simple way to display a Child Accounts related list on the Parent Account detail page? I know I can use role hierarchies but would prefer to see it laid out with the rest of the details.

Thanks in advance!

Hi Everyone -

I have a custom object with a master detail relationship to the opportunity object. I would like to create workflow rules on the custom object that uses criteria from the Opportunity. I can build the criteria on the workflow, but the workflow is not firing...

Here is what my criteria looks like:

AND(
ISPICKVAL( Project_Leader__c , "Joe Smith"),
ISPICKVAL( Opportunity__r.StageName , "Closed Won")
)

The first criteria is from the custom object and the second is from the opportunity.

1) Can I write criteria for workflow rules in the manner described above?

2) If so, what are the limitations?

Thank you!

I am trying to create a work flow rule that pushes out the close date by 30 days (Close Cate+30) if the opportunity has not been set to Closed within 14 days of the Close Date.

Rule Criteria: IsClosed=FALSE

Evaluation Criteria: When a record is created, or when a record is edited and did not previously meet the rule criteria

Time-Dependent Workflow Actions

14 Days Before Opportunity: Close Date

Field to UpdateOpportunity: Close Date
Field Data TypeDate
Formula ValueCloseDate + 30

My question:

I have checked monitoring-->Time Based Workflow Rules. And it appears to be working fine for new opportunities that have been created after rule activation. But, the org has many opportunities that were already created that I would like this rule to impact.

Is there any way to do this with out creating a new opps record or editing each existing record?

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

I have a status picklist that I would like to track. I created a text field called Previous Status that I would like to display the last status the picklist was set to.

I have a workflow set for to fire when the status changes (ISCHANGED) that is working fine. But my field update is populating the text field with numbers (1-4, the number of values on the picklist).

I know the problem is with the field update formula, but I'm not sure how to fix. Currently the formula is:

PRIORVALUE( Permit_Status__c ) Which I know is wrong.

Has anyone done this before?

I know this can be done but I can't seem to figure out how.

I have a table chart in a dashboard and I would like for the names of the accounts and opportunities to be displayed as hyperlinks on table.

Does anyone know how to configure this?

Thanks in advance.

Hi All,

I have created a Record Type for Opportunities. I have decided against using a Record Type so I now want to delete it.

I clicked Del and it lists the profiles that are using the RT. I have edited each profile, resetting the Record Type back to Master.

This works except for Standard Platform User. This profile does not have an option to set the RT for the Opportunities object. Opportunities is not listed at all for this profile.

I am now stuck with an unwanted RT. I can't delete it as SF says the profile is using it as the default.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

- Andy

Can we enable Salesforce Content for Dev Orgs? If so, how?
  • February 24, 2009