• Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hey guys,

I'm trying to show a Visualforce Tab on the Salesforce Touch app for the iPad but through  no chance have I been able to. I've enabled all the settings in the Salesforce Touch options in the setup menu plus made sure both my page and the VF tab were set to be available in touch. If it were be the case that the VF tab is not yet available for the native iPad version of the app how do I come across the HTML 5 one? Thanks for your time

• March 13, 2013

Hey guys,

I'm trying to get a hybrid/phonegap app up and running and I've looked into the mobile sdk and forcetk github repos but I can't get a hybrid app going. Mostly I tried forcetk's sample phonegap.html to login into the org but it won't, even when I set up the consumer key and all. Anyone here has a sample hybrid app they used and wont mind sharing at least the authentication part to see it run?

As a side question, is it possible to do the oauth without setting up the remote access on the org from a hybrid app? I  know that the template app on the android sdk doesn't need it but I see that the forcetk library asks for it so just wondering. I want to create an app for multiple orgs so the consumer key piece for each one would get in the way.

Any help would do, thanks

• September 04, 2012

After watching the webinar on the mobile sdk I downloaded the Contact Viewer app from github and deployed the code to my free developer org but I keep getting "Failed to obtain access" message from the site. I followed the instructions on the readme to the point except

" 4. Lastly, you need to whitelist the instance URL on which your users will live. You can add that whitelist from Setup -> Security Controls -> Remote Site Settings"

Since I'm just doing this to self test its alright to skip this step, I really don't know the case where I would need to whitelist the URL.

Any ideas on that "Failed to obtain access" message would be amazing, since I really want to jump into the html5/hybrid app bandwagon with salesforce.

Thanks,

• January 16, 2012

Following the mobile workbook I went the Android route: I did the SDFCRestSample app but I wanted to do the CloudTunes one and the SalesforceSDK package that you need to use comes with 3 errors in OAuthActivity.java

• The method onAuthCancelled(boolean) of type OAuthActivity must override a superclass method
  • The method onAuthError(Uri, String, String, boolean) of type OAuthActivity must override a superclass method
  • The method onAuthSuccess(OAuthToken, boolean) of type OAuthActivity must override a superclass method

Removing the @override does clear them but then the CloudTunes apk crashes when loading into the emulator/device

Help? Ideas?

Also on the workbook it says that the salesforceSDK is available in a jar file but I have not been able to find it at all.

I rather use the salesforceSDK than creating my own library if possible

• October 17, 2011

After watching the webinar on the mobile sdk I downloaded the Contact Viewer app from github and deployed the code to my free developer org but I keep getting "Failed to obtain access" message from the site. I followed the instructions on the readme to the point except

" 4. Lastly, you need to whitelist the instance URL on which your users will live. You can add that whitelist from Setup -> Security Controls -> Remote Site Settings"

Since I'm just doing this to self test its alright to skip this step, I really don't know the case where I would need to whitelist the URL.

Any ideas on that "Failed to obtain access" message would be amazing, since I really want to jump into the html5/hybrid app bandwagon with salesforce.

Thanks,

• January 16, 2012

Following the mobile workbook I went the Android route: I did the SDFCRestSample app but I wanted to do the CloudTunes one and the SalesforceSDK package that you need to use comes with 3 errors in OAuthActivity.java

• The method onAuthCancelled(boolean) of type OAuthActivity must override a superclass method
  • The method onAuthError(Uri, String, String, boolean) of type OAuthActivity must override a superclass method
  • The method onAuthSuccess(OAuthToken, boolean) of type OAuthActivity must override a superclass method

Removing the @override does clear them but then the CloudTunes apk crashes when loading into the emulator/device

Help? Ideas?

Also on the workbook it says that the salesforceSDK is available in a jar file but I have not been able to find it at all.

I rather use the salesforceSDK than creating my own library if possible

• October 17, 2011