• Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I'm having a number of problems with CSS in siteforce: 

• if I set the main panel to use an ID #main and hit apply, when I go back later, siteforce has converted from the CSS #main to an inline definition - is this expected? 
  • I can't use selectors of the form div#main - no a big deal, but that is a standard syntax
  • NONE of the combinators work - that's a real pain and will require a significant re-write of my existing stylesheets. In particular the decendent combinator doesn't appear to be supported! 

I wholeheartedly agree with the documentation - use CSS instead of the inline styles - but siteforce is NOT making this easy!!!!! 

Am I missing something? Is there an option or some syntax in the Style Pane I'm missing? 

BTW: I can understand why the product doesn't do this - it's not easy getting this right. But it would be nice to know if this is pilot error or if planned for a future release. 

• October 28, 2011

I'm having a number of problems with CSS in siteforce: 

• if I set the main panel to use an ID #main and hit apply, when I go back later, siteforce has converted from the CSS #main to an inline definition - is this expected? 
  • I can't use selectors of the form div#main - no a big deal, but that is a standard syntax
  • NONE of the combinators work - that's a real pain and will require a significant re-write of my existing stylesheets. In particular the decendent combinator doesn't appear to be supported! 

I wholeheartedly agree with the documentation - use CSS instead of the inline styles - but siteforce is NOT making this easy!!!!! 

Am I missing something? Is there an option or some syntax in the Style Pane I'm missing? 

BTW: I can understand why the product doesn't do this - it's not easy getting this right. But it would be nice to know if this is pilot error or if planned for a future release. 

• October 28, 2011