• 0 Points
  • Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I am developing a Java web service for migrating data into Salesforce. I have managed to create new custom objects for my data by means of Metadata API. Now I want to insert data into new custom objects, but I don't know how to do that programmatically in Java. SQOL doesn't have INSERT functionality, and Enterprise WSDL still don't have new custom objects in it (that I have created in the previous step in the same Java web service), so I can't use create() operation from SOAP API.

Do anyone have some solution/recommendation to my problem decribed above?

Thanks,
Darko

I read the blog post "Inserting sObject Dynamically in Salesforce" (http://forceguru.blogspot.com/2011/08/inserting-sobject-dynamically-in.html), and the solution is implemented in Apex. Is it possible to do similar thing in Java application by using Salesforce remote API?

Best regards,
Darko

I am trying to call Salesforce API from my Java application in NetBeans. I imported Partner wsdl into NetBeans and create web service client using appropriate wizard. Login() and logout() operations finished successfully, but when I call describeGlobal() an error occurs (SEVERE: com.sforce.soap.partner.UnexpectedErrorFault: UNKNOWN_EXCEPTION: Destination URL not reset. The URL returned from login must be set in the SforceService). I find in Salesforce documentation that I need to set the session id in the SOAP header and specify the server URL as the target for subsequent service requests, but I do not know how to do it. Does anyone work also in NetBeans and have example/tutorial that shows solution of mentioned problem?

Yours sincerely,
Darko Androcec

I am developing a Java web service for migrating data into Salesforce. I have managed to create new custom objects for my data by means of Metadata API. Now I want to insert data into new custom objects, but I don't know how to do that programmatically in Java. SQOL doesn't have INSERT functionality, and Enterprise WSDL still don't have new custom objects in it (that I have created in the previous step in the same Java web service), so I can't use create() operation from SOAP API.

Do anyone have some solution/recommendation to my problem decribed above?

Thanks,
Darko

I read the blog post "Inserting sObject Dynamically in Salesforce" (http://forceguru.blogspot.com/2011/08/inserting-sobject-dynamically-in.html), and the solution is implemented in Apex. Is it possible to do similar thing in Java application by using Salesforce remote API?

Best regards,
Darko

I am trying to call Salesforce API from my Java application in NetBeans. I imported Partner wsdl into NetBeans and create web service client using appropriate wizard. Login() and logout() operations finished successfully, but when I call describeGlobal() an error occurs (SEVERE: com.sforce.soap.partner.UnexpectedErrorFault: UNKNOWN_EXCEPTION: Destination URL not reset. The URL returned from login must be set in the SforceService). I find in Salesforce documentation that I need to set the session id in the SOAP header and specify the server URL as the target for subsequent service requests, but I do not know how to do it. Does anyone work also in NetBeans and have example/tutorial that shows solution of mentioned problem?

Yours sincerely,
Darko Androcec