• Eternus Solutions Pvt Ltd.

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

We have been facing one issue while carrying out the Profile Deployment from Sandbox (Partial Copy) to the Production Environment. Below is the error which we are getting.

In field: field - no CustomField named Account.SalesforceCustomer found

We verified that the Account.SalesforceCustomer field does exist in the Source environment and not in the Production environment however it's not a Custom Field but a Standard Field.

Can anyone please let us know on which feature in Salesforce creates this Standard Field. Also, how to overcome this problem to ensure a seamless deployment.

Hi,

I have been facing a wierd issue since last couple of weeks. I have a visualforce developed which is being displayed on Customer Portal (Not community). This page displays images which are stored in custom field of type rich text area.
The page displays 10 such images however the issue is for few of them it shows the following image instead of the actual image.

User-added image

The custom controller is defined with 'without sharing' and I verified in the debug log also that the data is being returned by the salesforce. Also, the sufficient field level and record level accessibitliy has been provided.

One thing I noticed is if I clear the cache of the page, then it displays the image protperly however I don't find it an appropriate solutions.

I would hightly appreciate any inputs/help on this issue.

Regards,
Siddharth

Hi,

I have one custom development in place where navigation happens within multiple visualforce pages (Each visualforce page has their respective custom controllers devloped).

In each of the controller I need to identify the current user's session id.
Ideally I should be returned with the same session id on all the visualforce pages, however I get separete session ids on all the pages.

I am making use of UserInfor.getSessionId() standard method.

I need to know why system provides separate session id on separate pages whereas the current logged in user is the same.

Thanks in advance.
Siddharth Birari
Hi,

In one of my production environment, I am still using Customer Portal (Not Community). 
Here, I have one visualforce page on customer portal on which I update one specific Account record.

This works perfectly fine when I log in to the customer portal with a user having profile 'Custom Overage High Volume Customer Portal'. A custom profile with access rights to udpate the Account record.

Now, I need to replicate the same use case in Test code. Hence I created first an Account reocrd and a User record with above given profile.
When I run my test code under the context of the created user, and perform update operation on Account record, it gives me an exception.

I don't have any clue why the test code is not working as expected whereas the actual execution is as desired.

INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_ON_CROSS_REFERENCE_ENTITY

Hi,

I have a visualforce page comprised of a div with a horizontal scroll bar with large number of fields. Due to such design, I don't have a horizontal scroll bar on the window, instead I have it on my div so that I can navigate over all the available fields.

If I have a date field at last in the div, the datePicker doesn't appears right there, but it gets rendered at it's absolute position, because of which I need to scroll the window horizontally.

Thanks in anticipation

Hi,

I need some help regarding testclass. following points would elaborate on my exact requirements:

I need to identify the classes in my org that contains testMethods. (classes which are test classes and classes that are normal classes but contains testmethods). I need this thing to be done through API

In standard object 'ApexClass' no such filed is there that identifes whether the class contains test code or not.

By doing this, at the end i'll be available with only those classes that contains a valid test code.

Anticipating your help

Hi,

I have a trouble while using Ajax Toolkit in my javascript.

My desire is to connect to another salesforce org from the currently logged in org.

for this, below is the javascript code that i am making use of

<script src="../../soap/ajax/25.0/connection.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

<script type="text/javascript">
window.onload = synchronousCall;
function synchronousCall(){
	try{
		var result = sforce.connection.login("username","**password***securitytoken***");
		alert(sforce.connection.serverUrl);
		alert(result.sessionId);	
	}
	catch(error){
		alert(error);
	}
}

This code works absolutely fine, when the salesforce instance of currently logged in org is same as that of the org which is required to be connected.

But it gives the following exception, when the instances are different.

{faultcode:'sf:INVALID_LOGIN', faultstring:'INVALID_LOGIN: Invalid username, password, security token; or user locked out.', detail:{LoginFault:{exceptionCode:'INVALID_LOGIN', exceptionMessage:'Invalid username, password, security token; or user locked out.', }, }, }

Please let me know if i am missing something.

Anticipating your help

Thanks in advance

Hi,

I have a datetime instance available with me.

I want to identify '3rd Thursday' for that Month which is represented by that datetime instance.

Just like '3rd Thursday', the combination can be any thing provided by the user,

say, "Last Saturday' Or '4th Monday' etc.

Please help

Thanks in advance

Hi,

directly coming to the point,

i have developed one Visualforce page with standard controller as one of my custom object.

I have overriden 'New' and 'Edit' buttons of my custom object with this page.

In my custom object I have two lookup fields which has lookup filter on it.

Issue :  I am not facing any issue with 'New' button. i.e. on click of 'New' button my VF page opens up.

But on click of 'Edit' the page doesn't opens and erroneously error comes up as 'Internal Server Error'.

Again, if i remove the lookup filters from my lookup fields, the Edit button works as expected. The behaviour should be the same when lookup filter is applied, as it is my requirement.

Please sgguest.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I have a requirement to send my SFDC Reports/Dashboards through email.

Preferably reports/dashboards should be in email body itself.

For sending emails, I have my own web service, which sends the email.

Seeking for some ideas, how to do it.

Thanks in advance.

Hi all,

I have developed a workflow with Time-Dependent Workflow Actions to send Emails.

There are no issues at all in execution of Workflow, but the thing is I want to configure the recipients in my Time-Dependent Workflow Actions (Email Alert).

Email Recipients to be configured

1) Record Owner

2) Immediate Manger of Record Owner in Role hierarchy

3) Immediate Manger of person(user) referred at point 2

and in Role hierarchy and so on

So far i am able to configure the recipient to Record Owner only

I tried with configuring recipient to 'Role' but in that case all the users assigned to that role receive the mail, which is not required.

Please help

Thanks in Advance

hi all,

i got one requirement of its own kind.

i've one SFDC report, which i want it to convert in .csv format which in turn will be sent as an attachment in an email.

But the catch is, i don't want any manual intervention. Everything has to be automated. say thru scheduler.

Please provide necessary help.

Thanks in advance.

Hello everyone...

This is my second post regarding Dynamic Record Creation.

Although now i am able to create a record of any object at runtime.

By any object i mean i've one method where i get the name of the existing object in string format, basis which i create the record.

Also i get the associated field names with corresponding values through say some parameters, i populate them and finally i create the record.

Till now everything is OK.

Now, the thing which i want is to apply validation rules on the records which i create at runtime.

But there is a catch. Validation rules have not been created on those object. I've the rules defined in string format.

Following example will make it clear..

1. String objName = 'Account'
  2. Stirng field1 = 'Name'                               //Account Field
  3. String field2 = 'Age'                                  //Account Field
  4. String validation = 'Age < 25';
  5. Sobject objSobjectInstance = Schema.getGlobalDescribe().get(objName).newSObject();
  6. objSobjectInstance.put(field1, 'Test');
  7. objSobjectInstance.put(field2, 20);
  8. insert objSobjectInstance;

Here in above code, the record will get created. But i want to apply validation rule (line 4) to be applied on Age.

Any idea, how can i do this?

Hi,

I've one requirement regarding dynamic Apex.

I've one string which contains the sObject API name.

Task 1: To determine if such object exists in my org or not.

Task 2: If it does exists in the org, I want to create its record dynamically.

I m done with task 1, but now, i am not able to create the record. Does any one knows how to create a record of the object whose API name is with you in string format.

Note : In step one i am able to get the Token for the object.

For Task 1 i ve following code snippet

1.     public void retrieveObjectName(){
    1.         String strObjectName = 'Account';
    2.         Map<String, Schema.Sobjecttype> SobjectMap = Schema.getGlobalDescribe();
    3.         Schema.Sobjecttype sObjectToken = SobjectMap.get(strObjectName);
    4.         if(sObjectToken <> NULL)
    5.         System.debug('sObjectToken ' + sObjectToken);
    6.         else
    7.         System.debug('No Such Object Exists ');
    8.         Account obj = (Account)sObjectToken.newSObject();
    9.         insert obj;
        }

At line number 8, i've hardcoded 'Account'. But in my requirement this can be any existing object in my org.

Hi,

I have a visualforce page comprised of a div with a horizontal scroll bar with large number of fields. Due to such design, I don't have a horizontal scroll bar on the window, instead I have it on my div so that I can navigate over all the available fields.

If I have a date field at last in the div, the datePicker doesn't appears right there, but it gets rendered at it's absolute position, because of which I need to scroll the window horizontally.

Thanks in anticipation

Hi,

I have a trouble while using Ajax Toolkit in my javascript.

My desire is to connect to another salesforce org from the currently logged in org.

for this, below is the javascript code that i am making use of

<script src="../../soap/ajax/25.0/connection.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

<script type="text/javascript">
window.onload = synchronousCall;
function synchronousCall(){
	try{
		var result = sforce.connection.login("username","**password***securitytoken***");
		alert(sforce.connection.serverUrl);
		alert(result.sessionId);	
	}
	catch(error){
		alert(error);
	}
}

This code works absolutely fine, when the salesforce instance of currently logged in org is same as that of the org which is required to be connected.

But it gives the following exception, when the instances are different.

{faultcode:'sf:INVALID_LOGIN', faultstring:'INVALID_LOGIN: Invalid username, password, security token; or user locked out.', detail:{LoginFault:{exceptionCode:'INVALID_LOGIN', exceptionMessage:'Invalid username, password, security token; or user locked out.', }, }, }

Please let me know if i am missing something.

Anticipating your help

Thanks in advance

Hi,

We have been facing one issue while carrying out the Profile Deployment from Sandbox (Partial Copy) to the Production Environment. Below is the error which we are getting.

In field: field - no CustomField named Account.SalesforceCustomer found

We verified that the Account.SalesforceCustomer field does exist in the Source environment and not in the Production environment however it's not a Custom Field but a Standard Field.

Can anyone please let us know on which feature in Salesforce creates this Standard Field. Also, how to overcome this problem to ensure a seamless deployment.

Hi,

I have been facing a wierd issue since last couple of weeks. I have a visualforce developed which is being displayed on Customer Portal (Not community). This page displays images which are stored in custom field of type rich text area.
The page displays 10 such images however the issue is for few of them it shows the following image instead of the actual image.

User-added image

The custom controller is defined with 'without sharing' and I verified in the debug log also that the data is being returned by the salesforce. Also, the sufficient field level and record level accessibitliy has been provided.

One thing I noticed is if I clear the cache of the page, then it displays the image protperly however I don't find it an appropriate solutions.

I would hightly appreciate any inputs/help on this issue.

Regards,
Siddharth

Hi,

In one of my production environment, I am still using Customer Portal (Not Community). 
Here, I have one visualforce page on customer portal on which I update one specific Account record.

This works perfectly fine when I log in to the customer portal with a user having profile 'Custom Overage High Volume Customer Portal'. A custom profile with access rights to udpate the Account record.

Now, I need to replicate the same use case in Test code. Hence I created first an Account reocrd and a User record with above given profile.
When I run my test code under the context of the created user, and perform update operation on Account record, it gives me an exception.

I don't have any clue why the test code is not working as expected whereas the actual execution is as desired.

INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_ON_CROSS_REFERENCE_ENTITY

Hi ,

I am new to VF and Apex Development and creating a sample application .

My requirements are as below .

- have to create a simple flight booking application where the user will select Source and Destination from the picklists on the VF page .

- Based on the user's selection , a SOQL needs to run on Apex Controller and return results on VF page that match the criteria.

- I am trying getter method but It is accepting only Custom Object data type . getting various errors .

Question :

Can I be enlighten on how picklist values be sent to controller that can be used as a string , which later can be used in a where clause !!

I am going through blog  http://vaibhav-deep.blogspot.in/2011/01/capture-approvalrejection-comments-in.html 

please help me in creating  the test class of the following class.

public class OpportunityApprovalHistoryController {
public String opptyId {get;set;}
public List<ProcessInstanceHistory> getApprovalSteps() {
if (opptyId != null) {
Opportunity quote = [Select Id, (Select TargetObjectId, SystemModstamp, StepStatus, RemindersSent, ProcessInstanceId, OriginalActorId, IsPending, IsDeleted, Id, CreatedDate, CreatedById, Comments, ActorId From ProcessSteps order by SystemModstamp desc) from Opportunity where Id = :opptyId];
return quote.ProcessSteps;
}
return new List<ProcessInstanceHistory> ();
}

}

http://vaibhav-deep.blogspot.in/2011/01/capture-approvalrejection-comments-in.html

i nave a schedule which is running.

Now i Want to Stop running Schedule using Apex class.

Any idea???

Thanks 

Anil

Hi,

I have a datetime instance available with me.

I want to identify '3rd Thursday' for that Month which is represented by that datetime instance.

Just like '3rd Thursday', the combination can be any thing provided by the user,

say, "Last Saturday' Or '4th Monday' etc.

Please help

Thanks in advance

Hi,

directly coming to the point,

i have developed one Visualforce page with standard controller as one of my custom object.

I have overriden 'New' and 'Edit' buttons of my custom object with this page.

In my custom object I have two lookup fields which has lookup filter on it.

Issue :  I am not facing any issue with 'New' button. i.e. on click of 'New' button my VF page opens up.

But on click of 'Edit' the page doesn't opens and erroneously error comes up as 'Internal Server Error'.

Again, if i remove the lookup filters from my lookup fields, the Edit button works as expected. The behaviour should be the same when lookup filter is applied, as it is my requirement.

Please sgguest.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I want to use jquery.ajax method to send my request to an external service in Visualforce.

Have a look with my javascript &colon; 

$j.ajax({
type:'POST',
url:'http://myexternalurl',
data:{"userName":"xxxxxx","password":"xxxxxx","securityToken":"xxxxxx"},
contentType : 'application/json',
dataType:'json',
success:function(data){
alert("success");
},
error: function(XMLHttpRequest, textStatus, errorThrown){
alert("textStatus : "+textStatus);
alert(XMLHttpRequest.readyState);
alert("status : "+XMLHttpRequest.status);
}
});

When this code execute, I receieve the response with error method:

textStatus : error

XMLHttpRequest.readyState : 0
XMLHttpRequest.status : 0

I don't  konw whether there are some error in my code, so does anyone have experiences about use jquery.ajax in Visualforce or how to post a request to an external service in Visualforce?

Thanks!

Hi All

I know we can wirte code as <apex:inputField required="true"/> to make this field required highlight and checking.

Can we make code same style for other component? such as <apex:selectList>, <apex: inputText>

I wrote as <apex:selectList required="true"/>, but no required highlight on visualforce page.

Anyone can help me?

Thanks

Kunlun

I've noticed that using multiple operators with CONTAIN functions ( : ) instead of OR functions and using CASE statements instead of nested IF statements can have a big impact on reducing formula compile sizes.  

What are some other things for reducing compile sizes?

• January 26, 2012

Hi,

I have a requirement to send my SFDC Reports/Dashboards through email.

Preferably reports/dashboards should be in email body itself.

For sending emails, I have my own web service, which sends the email.

Seeking for some ideas, how to do it.

Thanks in advance.

Hi all,

I have developed a workflow with Time-Dependent Workflow Actions to send Emails.

There are no issues at all in execution of Workflow, but the thing is I want to configure the recipients in my Time-Dependent Workflow Actions (Email Alert).

Email Recipients to be configured

1) Record Owner

2) Immediate Manger of Record Owner in Role hierarchy

3) Immediate Manger of person(user) referred at point 2

and in Role hierarchy and so on

So far i am able to configure the recipient to Record Owner only

I tried with configuring recipient to 'Role' but in that case all the users assigned to that role receive the mail, which is not required.

Please help

Thanks in Advance

I'm having a problem finding the right syntax for a pretty simple SOQL query.

So i have a basic query

Select Time_Clock__r.Team_Member_Employee__c FROM Time_Record__c where Id='xxxx'

which will return the Contact Id. Now I need to get the User associated with that contact. I've tried

SELECT Id from User where ContactId in (Select Time_Clock__r.Team_Member_Employee__c FROM Time_Record__c where Id='a0D3000000CiPAk')

and

SELECT Id from User where ContactId = (Select Time_Clock__r.Team_Member_Employee__c FROM Time_Record__c where Id='a0D3000000CiPAk')

I can't seem to find the correct syntax to achieve this. I'd appreciate any help.

Hello,

I ran into storage space issues on my Full Sandbox. On inspecting Storage Usage, I found that Task records were taking up  the bulk of storage. There are around 100 K Task records. Also when I run  the query  - Select count() from Task - it returns zero records. So my assumption is that all of these tasks are archived.

I need to delete these archived Tasks, but I 'm running into road blocks. These are the approaches I have tried -

1. Mass Delete option from the UI. This will delete 250 records in one shot. This is going to be very cumbersome considering I have 100k records
  2. Wrote a Batch Apex class to delete tasks. But am unable to retrieve archived Tasks. The query  - 'Select Id from Task  limit 50000 all rows'  - always returns zero records. I read that queryAll( ) is the way to go to retrieve archived records, but is there a way to use queryAll in a Batch Apex class?
  3. DataLoader - this seems to be the fastest way to delete records, in combination with the Bulk API. But the same problem of retrieving archived tasks exists here too.  There are zero rows exported I export Task using this tool. I read somewhere that archived records can't be exported using DataLoader ?

What are the alternatives that I have ? Please advise.

Regards,

Tarams

• October 11, 2011

Hi,

I am trying to get the required field setup for a inputText. I have tried methods provided but they do not provide the same feel.

<apex:outputLabel style="font-weight:bold" value="Company Name" for="companyName"/>
<apex:outputPanel>
	<div class="requiredInput">
                   	<div class="requiredBlock"></div>
                                     <apex:inputText style="height:20px;width:200px" id="companyName" value="{!companyName}" required="true"/>
	 </div>
</apex:outputPanel>

Any pointers on how I can get the required block style for this.

Thanks

KD

• July 28, 2011

Hello,

I know that you can use the PartnerNetworkRecordConnection object to push opportunities through a connection.  

But how do you trigger through Apex the receipt / acceptance of a pushed Opportunity? 

I'm working my way through the documentation searching for what I need, but hopefully someone here knows where I can find it or the answer that I am looking for.

Windows Vista
IE 7

The offline edition 2.0 is failing when when I hit the Empty Briefcase button. Everything else works fine. It syncs perfectly, etc.

Error message is:
Please restart Force.com Connect for Offline using your Desktop shortcut. Alternative, select Start | All Programs | Salesforce.com | Offline Edition 2.0

I have called support and they were very patient, but the issue is unresolve. They have escalated it to tier 2 support, but I figured I'm not the first to encounter this problem.

In case it's related, I'll add that the Office Edition is also not working because the DLL are not registering correctly. Security issue?

Thanks,

Peter
  • March 11, 2008