• Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi, 

I recently installed Force IDE and am experiencing some frustrating issues around connectivity behind our corporate firewall. I have read the other posts and ensured that my proxy settings are correct. I have tried Force IDE on a Mac running Lion and on a Windows machine. I have also installed Eclipse and the Force plug-in on both the Mac and the Windows machine and none of the configurations work behind the firewall. Again, my proxy settings are correct. I have the Preferences->Network Connections Active Provider set to Manual and I have a Host and port defined for HTTP and HTTPS.

When I create a New Force Project, All the resources come down fine behind the firewall. I see all my classes, etc. Its when I go to make a change (I make a simple string change) and save it, I get 2 exceptions, a BuilderException (Unable to perform save on all files)  and a RetrieveException (Unable to perform conflict check). When I try to refresh from the server, the basic message I get is: "Unable to refresh resource xzy. Connection Refused." The stack traces in the logs are all java connection issues. I am running with java 1.6.  I was not able to pull anything out in the stack trace that would point me to the direction of a fix. 

I try the same exact changes at home, outside the firewall, and all is fine. Change gets saved and I am good to go. So, behind the Firewall, does not work, at home, works fine. I have compared my proxy settings with a co worker and they are exactly the same and his machine works fine.

An insight as to what might be causing this issue would be greatly appreciated!

Kevin

Hi, 

I recently installed Force IDE and am experiencing some frustrating issues around connectivity behind our corporate firewall. I have read the other posts and ensured that my proxy settings are correct. I have tried Force IDE on a Mac running Lion and on a Windows machine. I have also installed Eclipse and the Force plug-in on both the Mac and the Windows machine and none of the configurations work behind the firewall. Again, my proxy settings are correct. I have the Preferences->Network Connections Active Provider set to Manual and I have a Host and port defined for HTTP and HTTPS.

When I create a New Force Project, All the resources come down fine behind the firewall. I see all my classes, etc. Its when I go to make a change (I make a simple string change) and save it, I get 2 exceptions, a BuilderException (Unable to perform save on all files)  and a RetrieveException (Unable to perform conflict check). When I try to refresh from the server, the basic message I get is: "Unable to refresh resource xzy. Connection Refused." The stack traces in the logs are all java connection issues. I am running with java 1.6.  I was not able to pull anything out in the stack trace that would point me to the direction of a fix. 

I try the same exact changes at home, outside the firewall, and all is fine. Change gets saved and I am good to go. So, behind the Firewall, does not work, at home, works fine. I have compared my proxy settings with a co worker and they are exactly the same and his machine works fine.

An insight as to what might be causing this issue would be greatly appreciated!

Kevin