• Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hello,

So I found this great app in the app store called RFPForce (http://appexchange.salesforce.com/listingDetail?listingId=a0N30000004g7LnEAI). Installed properly in Sandbox (I think) using the instructions provided. Did the data upload and all (per instructions) However, when I try to use it, there are no results. This app is exactly what I need for my organization and would appreciate any feedback on getting results. Thanks! 

Also - this is an unmanaged app so no support is provided by the creator :smileysad:

-AD

• November 02, 2011

We are trying to develop an application for public sector, where the government issues huge RFPs (request for proposal). We receive those huge RFPs  (electronic copies, MS word/pdf), which will have always section A through M, as appendices, to describe their needs.

Our  need is to transpose/parse those important requirements into a relational tables,  Without manually typing all of those requirements. I am looking for eReader like solution, where you open these RFPs  through a reading panel/frame in force.com application and highlight those important texts to be moved (drag & drop) into a database table, as the RFP requirements. Usually the business analyst will open theses electronic documents and select (drag) some of those texts as key requirements to compose 'compliment metrics' (grid). Then these requirements are tracked throughout the proposal development process, including color team reviews.

Any tools, ideas to get started on solving this challenge? Appreciate your suggestions.