• 25 Points
  • Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi, For efficiency I need to gather all with a single SOQL; however can someone point me how to achive a lookup type scenario with a single SOQL; Some snippet I have:

for(Contact cnt_old:oldContacts) { List cnt = [select email from Contact where id =: cnt_old.masterrecordid];

I need to use masterrecordid due to delete happens from a merge action and get other cols of the winning records.

After getting winning records/cols I then need to relate to oldContacts....both queries are on same contact obj

So, now I have select within For loop, which I need to avoid, thanks!

Hi, Experts Can I have SF documentation on API support for dropping and rebuilding custom objects ? Assuming it is doable. We are thinking as a workaround for not having API support to truncate customobj. Winter '13 opened up truncation option but only thru UI. Use case: custom obj will have millions of rows and we needed a truncate-like operation for daily load performance. Thanks,
Hi, Has anyone explored what SF offers out of box on relationship record model i.e. contact teams and partnerships ? Any info will be helpful; thanks in advance.
Hello, Does anyone know where does SF store setting info when 'Automatically follow records that I create' under Personal Setup->My chatter settings->My feeds are checked ? I need to update about 100 users and knowing backend object, column name I could use data loader, thanks.
Hi, Experts - During client merge we have a need to retain a custom field value from deleted client onto retained client. Can this be done with standard SF features or we need custom Apex ? Example: Client A merges into client B Client record has 2 custom fields LID, LID_After_Merge After A merges into B; client B LID_After_Merge field gets the value of LID (of Client A) With trigger, how to detect a merge took place ? Thanks,
Hi, experts - How can I have behavior in a custom object where using two fields (uniqueness) I need to restrict users not to enter duplicate rows ? In a relational database it would be like creating a composite index unique key; thanks
Hi, Experts - I need to know what field is used to store file name when a file is attached to a chatter comment. As in for posts - title field in object feeditem stores file attached to a post; thank you.

Hi, Experts - 

Where can I find out what objects are used to store view hierarchy shown in Account page; or they are stored in memory. I need to flag records when decoupled from a hierarchy relationship, thanks!

Hi, Experts - 

How can apex:chart be inside as apex:outputpanel tag. Once placed charts are not generated, however when place outside

outputpanel, all works. But I need to get charts within panel, Any ideas ?

Thanks,

Hi, experts - 

Reletively new to SF, I got  a standard controller on contact and thru extension I am trying to save records to a custom

object. Records are retrived on a VF page. It is not saving. Snippet:

List<customobj__c> cp =
 [select id from customobj__c limit 1
];

public void save() {update cp; }

save is called as

<apex:commandButton id="update" action="{!save}" value="Save"

If it is an invalid design, how can I write to another object when controller is on contact object ?

Thanks!

Hi, Experts -

In SalesForce Limits Quick Ref middle of page 16 states:

The number of posts, comments, and tracked field changes available in the Chatter feed. Currently tracked fields without

likes or comments are deleted after 90 days.

We needed clarifications on deletes; what records are getting deleted after 90-days i.e. posts w/o likes, comments on tracked fields ?

Thanks,

Hi, Experts - 

Could some one please drop a few snippets on how it would look to have a after delete trigger, so when a row is deleted on the triggered object deleted row gets archived (inserted) into another custom object ?

Thanks,

Hi, Experts - Today some reason, on any custom visualforce page (new or existing) in development mode tools area, coding is not fully expanding. You just see a little bit, but it is not opening. Navigation: /apex/new_page take yes on new page creation and then page splits into half, but code area does not expand. Any of you experienced this or can verify would help!!! Thanks,
Hi, All - I have a few apex:commandButton on the page and one apex:outputPanel where I want to display some text onClick action by toggling between those apex:commandButton; I created an extension controller. Question: How can I access value property of apex:outputText from Apex. I placed 1 apex:outputText for each apex:commandButton Please suggest, thank you.
Hi, Does anyone know whether sfdc has plans or provided Compliance App/Tools for Chatter yet i.e. archive off posts even deleted ones etc ? There are apps on the exchange, but we're looking anything from sfdc, thanks.
Hi, Experts - I need to know what field is used to store file name when a file is attached to a chatter comment. As in for posts - title field in object feeditem stores file attached to a post; thank you.

Hi, experts - 

Reletively new to SF, I got  a standard controller on contact and thru extension I am trying to save records to a custom

object. Records are retrived on a VF page. It is not saving. Snippet:

List<customobj__c> cp =
 [select id from customobj__c limit 1
];

public void save() {update cp; }

save is called as

<apex:commandButton id="update" action="{!save}" value="Save"

If it is an invalid design, how can I write to another object when controller is on contact object ?

Thanks!

Hi, Experts - 

Could some one please drop a few snippets on how it would look to have a after delete trigger, so when a row is deleted on the triggered object deleted row gets archived (inserted) into another custom object ?

Thanks,

Hi, All - I have a few apex:commandButton on the page and one apex:outputPanel where I want to display some text onClick action by toggling between those apex:commandButton; I created an extension controller. Question: How can I access value property of apex:outputText from Apex. I placed 1 apex:outputText for each apex:commandButton Please suggest, thank you.

We have a beta version of a functional equivalent of TRUNCATE SQL available on Sandbox organizations. Please open a case with support if you would like to try it out.  We will make a decision on when to GA based on adoption and feedback.

Truncating a custom object does the following:

• Permanently disassociates ALL the object's data records from the object. You will not be able to operate on them using this object and they will not be recoverable from the Recycle Bin.
  • Recalculates values in Roll Up Summary Fields in parent objects that reference the object. You will not be able to recover the values that existed prior to the truncate. 
  • Creates a "shadow" custom object . This is a deleted custom object  associated with the truncated data records. Its name consists of the truncated object's name suffixed by "_trunc_n" where n is the number of times the object has been truncated. Like any deleted object, the shadow object will appear in the deleted objects list until you permanently erase the object and its data, or 45 days have passed. While it is in the deleted objects list  you can undelete the "shadow" and the data stored in it to create a new custom object. An undeleted  "shadow" custom object will not be a clone of the truncated table. It will not have any of the truncated object's :
      • relationships with other objects. Any foreign key fields will be converted to read-only text fields.
      • Autonumbers. AutoNumber fields  will be converted to read-only text fields
      • workflow rules or actions 
      • reports
      • formula fields
      • roll-up summary fields
      • validation rules or approval processes
      • Apex Code triggers
      • translations
      • field history
  • September 20, 2011