• 0 Points
  • Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I'm trying to retrieve the selected picklist item from the Case object, field Status. My objective is to use this value for a condition and eventually set a new one based on a different logic. But my main issue is every time I try to query the selected item for the Case object I encounter this issue:

"System.SObjectException: SObject row was retrieved via SOQL without querying the requested field: Case.Status"

You may see my sample code below: This is just part of my debugging to atleast display the selected value on the error message, but I could not even get the selected item

for (Case c:cases){
            Case parentCase;
            String parentId = c.ParentId;
            String siblings = ' :: ';
            String selectedStat;
            String display='';

List<Case> siblingCases = new List<Case>{};
            parentCase = [select Subject, Id from Case where Case.Id = :parentId];

display = parentCase.Status;
            c.addError(display);

}

• January 18, 2012

I'm trying to retrieve the selected picklist item from the Case object, field Status. My objective is to use this value for a condition and eventually set a new one based on a different logic. But my main issue is every time I try to query the selected item for the Case object I encounter this issue:

"System.SObjectException: SObject row was retrieved via SOQL without querying the requested field: Case.Status"

You may see my sample code below: This is just part of my debugging to atleast display the selected value on the error message, but I could not even get the selected item

for (Case c:cases){
            Case parentCase;
            String parentId = c.ParentId;
            String siblings = ' :: ';
            String selectedStat;
            String display='';

List<Case> siblingCases = new List<Case>{};
            parentCase = [select Subject, Id from Case where Case.Id = :parentId];

display = parentCase.Status;
            c.addError(display);

}

• January 18, 2012