• 30 Points
  • Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

how to enable charts in developer edition. is there any link to enable this feature and how to interact with salesforce.com to enable this feature.

<apex:page>

<apex:chart></apex:chart>

</apex:page>

after if i save it giving error; chart is not identified component.

Hi,

I have a query written in a normal apex class and the same query is used in a Batch Apex class.

The query in normal apex class is returning 7 rows.

Whereas the query in batch apex class is returning 2 rows.

I have printed the query in both cases and it is exactly the same.

Is this a known issue of SFDC or am i doing some thing wrong.

The apex class is a controller which is called by a visualforce page. It has "public with sharing" keywords against it.

Regards,

Asif

• July 03, 2012

Hi,

I am getting an error and not able to able to figure out what the issue is. Please throw your ideas.

Below is the code:

1  public class testing
2  {
3   String strQ1Opt1='0-20 million';
4   List<SelectOption> lstSelOptQ1;
5  lstSelOptQ1 = new List<SelectOption>();
6  lstSelOptQ1.add(new SelectOption(strQ1Opt1,strQ1Opt1,false));
7  }

Error: Compile Error: unexpected token: '=' at line 5 column 16

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And when i change the code pasted as below, a different error is thrown.

Code:

1 public class testing

2 {

3  String strQ1Opt1='0-20 million';

4 List lstSelOptQ1 = new List();

5 lstSelOptQ1.add(new SelectOption(strQ1Opt1,strQ1Opt1,false));

6 }

Error:Compile Error: expecting a right parentheses, found 'new' at line 5 column 20

Please point out any issues in the above code.

Thanks.

Asif

• May 04, 2012

trigger AddressToAccount on Address__c (after update) {
/////////////////////////////////
// This Trigger updates the Case status of the related opportunity//
/////////////////////////////////

if(trigger.isafter && trigger.isafter) {
List<Address__c> lstAddress = [SELECT Account__c,Billing_City__C,Billing_State__c,Billing_Country__c FROM Address__c WHERE Account__c IN :trigger.new];
List<Account> lstAccounts= new List<Account>();

for(Address__c ad : trigger.new) {

{
for(Account ac: lstAccounts) {
{
ac.BillingCity=ad.Billing_city__C;
ac.BillingState=ad.Billing_state__c;
ac.BillingCountry=ad.Billing__Country__c;
lstAccounts.add(ac);
}
}

}

}

// Bulk DML
if(lstAccounts.size() > 0) { update lstAccounts; }

}
}

I am getting the following error for the above trigger.

Invalid bind expression type of SOBJECT:Address__c does not match domain of foreign key at line 7 column 139

Please advise.

Thanks!

I need to create a weservice in apex which will be called by external system. External system can call web service created in salesforce and send an XML file with accounts/contacts data to insert.

Can anybody help me how to achieve this using API?

Thanks

Hi,

I am getting an error and not able to able to figure out what the issue is. Please throw your ideas.

Below is the code:

1  public class testing
2  {
3   String strQ1Opt1='0-20 million';
4   List<SelectOption> lstSelOptQ1;
5  lstSelOptQ1 = new List<SelectOption>();
6  lstSelOptQ1.add(new SelectOption(strQ1Opt1,strQ1Opt1,false));
7  }

Error: Compile Error: unexpected token: '=' at line 5 column 16

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And when i change the code pasted as below, a different error is thrown.

Code:

1 public class testing

2 {

3  String strQ1Opt1='0-20 million';

4 List lstSelOptQ1 = new List();

5 lstSelOptQ1.add(new SelectOption(strQ1Opt1,strQ1Opt1,false));

6 }

Error:Compile Error: expecting a right parentheses, found 'new' at line 5 column 20

Please point out any issues in the above code.

Thanks.

Asif

• May 04, 2012

please give me a query for this statement:

1)how to retrivew the field in a custom table by using soql query?

• March 26, 2012

Hi,

In my project for every release we move 1200-1800 fields to production using eclipse. We are moving only 2-3 objects(approximately 200 fields) at a time  to production. because of the field dependency issues i could not able to vlidate each one in production prior to move into the production. So while moving the code into production we are getting errors and cosuming all my window time to resolve the issues.

I want to validate all objects(approx 1600 fields) prior to move in to production in a single shot. Then we can identify errors before move to Prod and it saves my window time during production move.

Actually How many fields or other components we can move in a single shot to production using eclipse? Please suggest.

Thanks,

SR

Attempting to submit a case on the Partner Portal. Anyone having issues?

Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: UNABLE_TO_LOCK_ROW, unable to obtain exclusive access to this record: [] 
An unexpected error has occurred. Your development organization has been notified.

I have a custom object that I am using to keep track of some daily counts for each account rep.  I want to be able to display a graph with the date on the x-axis and the count on the y-axis and I want one line on the graph for each account rep.

I am pretty new to SF and having trouble figuring out how to display the data as desired?

Any help is appreciated.

• March 18, 2012

how to enable charts in developer edition. is there any link to enable this feature and how to interact with salesforce.com to enable this feature.

<apex:page>

<apex:chart></apex:chart>

after if i save it giving error; chart is not identified component.

Can any1 help me to solve this error.

com.sforce.ws.ConnectionException: Failed to send request to https://login.salesforce.com/services/Soap/c/24.0/0DF90000000PX8r
    at com.sforce.ws.transport.SoapConnection.send(SoapConnection.java:120)
    at com.sforce.soap.enterprise.EnterpriseConnection.login(EnterpriseConnection.java:1)
    at com.sforce.soap.enterprise.EnterpriseConnection.<init>(EnterpriseConnection.java:1)
    at wsc.QuickstartApiSample.login(QuickstartApiSample.java:78)
    at wsc.QuickstartApiSample.main(QuickstartApiSample.java:36)
Caused by: java.net.UnknownHostException: login.salesforce.com
    at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
    at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
    at java.net.Socket.connect(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.BaseSSLSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
    at sun.net.NetworkClient.doConnect(Unknown Source)
    at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.openServer(Unknown Source)
    at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.openServer(Unknown Source)
    at sun.net.www.protocol.https.HttpsClient.<init>(Unknown Source)
    at sun.net.www.protocol.https.HttpsClient.New(Unknown Source)
    at sun.net.www.protocol.https.AbstractDelegateHttpsURLConnection.getNewHttpClient(Unknown Source)
    at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.plainConnect(Unknown Source)
    at sun.net.www.protocol.https.AbstractDelegateHttpsURLConnection.connect(Unknown Source)
    at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getOutputStream(Unknown Source)
    at sun.net.www.protocol.https.HttpsURLConnectionImpl.getOutputStream(Unknown Source)
    at com.sforce.ws.transport.JdkHttpTransport.connectRaw(JdkHttpTransport.java:133)
    at com.sforce.ws.transport.JdkHttpTransport.connectLocal(JdkHttpTransport.java:97)
    at com.sforce.ws.transport.JdkHttpTransport.connectLocal(JdkHttpTransport.java:92)
    at com.sforce.ws.transport.JdkHttpTransport.connect(JdkHttpTransport.java:88)
    at com.sforce.ws.transport.SoapConnection.send(SoapConnection.java:94)
    ... 4 more

if any one can share a link regarding above issue ,would  be appreciated,

How to call and Write a web service in Java,

Thanks in Advance,

Regards,

I am integrating with salesforce through java.
 I want to test it on salesforce sandbox so i am using END POINT as  : `https://test.salesforce.com/services/Soap/u/21.0`  

but i get an error like : `Invalid username, password, security token; or user locked out.`

Please help!

Hey all,

We're trying to get some source to a partner of ours, and we note that while we have the generated classes from the 21.0 version of the partner WSDL, we don't have the actual WSDL file any more to generate the .java files from. When I go to my own download area to generate the WSDL, it generates only the latest (24.0) and I don't see any way to get previous revisions.

a- Does anyone have the version 21.0 WSDL that I could download from somewhere

b- Does Salesforce make old versions of these .wsdl files available somewhere else?

Thanks!

Marc

Hi
i have business reqirement on quotes as follows

theres is terms & condition section on quote ,in this section there are 5 pointers explaining terms & condition

now the 1st  two pointers are dynamic and will change case to case (customer) basis.

the last 3 terms & condition pointers are static (standard) will remain same for all case  (customer) basis.

now how can we handle this scenario efficiently on quotes or in template or ...pls suggest best way to handle this scenario

Hi,

I am in scenario where business requirement says that a user should not be able to send quote thru email to client until and unless the quote has been approved

once quote is approved then only user should be able to email quote pdf

what can be solution for this functionality to implement same

pls suggest solution

Hi all,

A few questions I hope someone might be able to help me with:

• Is it possible to load a complete Java program in SFDC and trigger it via a button?
  • Can generated log files and screenshots be loaded back into SFDC and not stored locally?
  • Can fields in SFDC be fed into a Java program (the Java program currently runs by parsing a CSV file)

Any pointers, indications of whether some/all of the above is possible and/or general advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

• February 21, 2012

Hi all,

I want to call locally created webservice inside of apex. Locally i created JAX-WS webservice for circle functionallity. This is available at localhost:8080/mywebserviceurl. While parsing this wsdl file i am getting error. Is it possible to access the locally created webservice inside of apex?

Hi,

Actually i have a custom object with name order and i have a look up field with opportunity object in custom object. Now my requirement is displaying related list of products based on opportunity look up value with out using controller. Please any one help me for solving the issue.

Thanks,

Lakshmi.

I have the following code: 

//
    // Will email the page as an attached PDF 
    // 
    public PageReference getForwardAsPDF() { 
        // Setup the email    
        Messaging.SingleEmailMessage email = new Messaging.SingleEmailMessage();
        String [] toAddress = new String[] { 'test@email.com' }; 
        email.setToAddresses(toAddress); 
        email.setReplyTo('sandbox@test.com.maintest');   
        email.setSubject('From forwardAsPDF!');
        email.setPlainTextBody('Here is the body of the email'); 

// Get the pdf-ized secondary page
        PageReference pdf = Page.ERAEmailAttachment; // Duplicate page - so i don't get the dreaded getContent() error
        pdf.getParameters().put('id', era.Id); 
        pdf.getParameters().put('asEmail', 'false');
        pdf.setRedirect(true);

// Grab the content of said page 
        Blob b = pdf.getContent();                
        Messaging.EmailFileAttachment efa = new Messaging.EmailFileAttachment();
        efa.setFileName('ERAsomedatestring.pdf');
        efa.setBody(b);
        email.setFileAttachments(new Messaging.EmailFileAttachment[] {efa});

// Send the email
        Messaging.SendEmailResult [] r = Messaging.sendEmail(new Messaging.SingleEmailMessage[] { email });
        for ( Messaging.SendEmailResult result : r ) 
        {
            if ( !r[0].isSuccess () ) 
            {
                System.debug ( result  );
            }
            else
            {
                ApexPages.Message msg = new ApexPages.Message(ApexPages.Severity.INFO, 'Email Sent Successfully' );
                ApexPages.addMessage(msg);
            }
        }

return null;
    }

And the following VF / PDF page

(I'll spare you the details of the form since it is massive) 

<apex:page standardController="ERA__c" extensions="ERAFormProcessor" renderAs="pdf" action="{!if($CurrentPage.parameters.asEmail == 'true', forwardAsPDF, null)}" >
....blah

I have the page setup so that when I pass the parameter asEmail=true (as you can see above) it calls the forwardAsPDF method.  

The return from this method is that the email was sent successfully, but I have yet to receive anything in my inbox.  :( 

What am I missing here.  

Apex Editor LS is an alternative eclipse editor plugin. This release is quite limited in features, but demonstrates solid groundwork for future development. My goal is to bring some of the Java tools' goodness to Apex. See the plugin's home page at http://www.multimodus.hr/apex-editor-ls.html

• December 29, 2011