• Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hey everyone...

I've got a little problem that is really throwing me a curve ball. So, I have two custom objects, one for my product, and one for a gift card that can be purchased with my product (or skipped over, if no one wants to purchase it.)

I have a rule in place that determines whether or not a gift card is purchased with my product, and if one is, I want to update the quantity of my gift cards in stock.

Now, to determine if there is a gift card purchased on the Product object, I have a workflow rule that looks like this:

NOT( ISBLANK( Cards_in_Stock__r.Gift_Card__c ) )

** The "Cards_in_stock" callout was a lookup field that I created so that I could access the other object, otherwise I couldn't even see the fields in the Product object. 

When that workflow rule returns a "TRUE," I want to update my "Quantity in Stock" field on my gift card object. That's where it get's tricky. So, as a field update attached to the workflow rule above, I typed in this:

IF( NOT( ISBLANK( Cards_in_Stock__r.Gift_Card__c ) ) , Quantity_In_Stock__c - 1, NULL)

Well, that didn't do anything at all... so I tried this:

IF( NOT( ISBLANK( Cards_in_Stock__r.Gift_Card__c ) ) ,( (BLANKVALUE) Quantity_In_Stock, Quantity_In_Stock-1),

NULL)

That also didn't work. So, I went with a potentially simple solution:

Quantity_In_Stock__c - 1

That also did not work. Now, I'm out of ideas, and could really use some help. Anyone?

Hey guys, 

So, I'm new at this, and having an issue with exporting reports. Whenever I try to export a report after I run it, I can't find it. It doesn't download, and it appears that nothing at all happens. Any ideas? 

• March 12, 2012

Alright guys, I'm feeling pretty stupid right now. 

I have a picklist field with two values: "New Job" and "Completed." The New Job option is the default, and I want it to automatically change to Completed when the current date is equal to the date I have in another custom field. 

I have a workflow rule with the code NOW() >= Delivery_Date_Time_c. 

When that evaluates as being true, it then triggers my Field Update task which (should) change the picklist from "New Job" to "Completed." Unfortunately, it's not. It's staying on "New Job."

I feel like I'm just making some dumb mistake somewhere along the line. Any help? 

Thanks

• February 08, 2012

Hey everyone, sorry if this is a dumb question. I'm brand new at this platform, and still feeling pretty blind. 

I'm looking for a way to incorperate my company's Mailchimp account into my Force account so that any automated email that I send from Force could be one of my Mailchimp templates. I also like all the reports features that Mailchimp has to offer. 

If anyone knows of a way, I'd love to hear it! Thanks! 

• February 07, 2012

So, I have two custom objects... Customers and Letters. Customers is essentially a modified contact object which displays an individual's name, email, etc... Letters is an object that is created whenever our product is ordered (i.e.: a letter). These two objects work just like a Contact/Opportunity relationship would; tied together. 

The only issue is that, currently, we have no way of attatching the customer's email to the Letters object. I'm trying to get it there so I can then send automated emails to customers when their product is shipped.

Any hints? 

• February 07, 2012

Hey guys. This is probably a very, very simple fix, but I'm new with this platform and pretty lost. 

In my custom object, I have two date fields. One that shows the date that the order for our widget was placed, and the other shows when it needs to be delivered by (per our policy: NOW() + 2). Essentially, once the current date, and deliver by date are equal, I want to send a verification email confirming the delivery of our product. 

And that's where I get stuck. Any hints on how to trigger an email to a customer? 

• February 07, 2012

Hey everyone...

I've got a little problem that is really throwing me a curve ball. So, I have two custom objects, one for my product, and one for a gift card that can be purchased with my product (or skipped over, if no one wants to purchase it.)

I have a rule in place that determines whether or not a gift card is purchased with my product, and if one is, I want to update the quantity of my gift cards in stock.

Now, to determine if there is a gift card purchased on the Product object, I have a workflow rule that looks like this:

NOT( ISBLANK( Cards_in_Stock__r.Gift_Card__c ) )

** The "Cards_in_stock" callout was a lookup field that I created so that I could access the other object, otherwise I couldn't even see the fields in the Product object. 

When that workflow rule returns a "TRUE," I want to update my "Quantity in Stock" field on my gift card object. That's where it get's tricky. So, as a field update attached to the workflow rule above, I typed in this:

IF( NOT( ISBLANK( Cards_in_Stock__r.Gift_Card__c ) ) , Quantity_In_Stock__c - 1, NULL)

Well, that didn't do anything at all... so I tried this:

IF( NOT( ISBLANK( Cards_in_Stock__r.Gift_Card__c ) ) ,( (BLANKVALUE) Quantity_In_Stock, Quantity_In_Stock-1),

NULL)

That also didn't work. So, I went with a potentially simple solution:

Quantity_In_Stock__c - 1

That also did not work. Now, I'm out of ideas, and could really use some help. Anyone?

So, I have two custom objects... Customers and Letters. Customers is essentially a modified contact object which displays an individual's name, email, etc... Letters is an object that is created whenever our product is ordered (i.e.: a letter). These two objects work just like a Contact/Opportunity relationship would; tied together. 

The only issue is that, currently, we have no way of attatching the customer's email to the Letters object. I'm trying to get it there so I can then send automated emails to customers when their product is shipped.

Any hints? 

• February 07, 2012

Hey guys. This is probably a very, very simple fix, but I'm new with this platform and pretty lost. 

In my custom object, I have two date fields. One that shows the date that the order for our widget was placed, and the other shows when it needs to be delivered by (per our policy: NOW() + 2). Essentially, once the current date, and deliver by date are equal, I want to send a verification email confirming the delivery of our product. 

And that's where I get stuck. Any hints on how to trigger an email to a customer? 

• February 07, 2012