• 0 Points
  • Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Is there a way to create a sharing rule for cases that says "Share with person in field name = Contact Name"

Background:
We use cases in the marketing department so that internal people can request work from us. However, once the request comes in it gets reassigned to an internal marketing person. So now the case owner is someone other than the person that originated it.
In order to keep track of the original requestor we use the standard look up field "Contact Name" and we have all our users as part of a contact list under the corporate account.

I would like to share the cases with the person in the 'Contact Name = John Doe" 
Is this possible?
If so, how would I accomplish this?
thank you!
  • January 20, 2015
I am creating an HTML email template and some of the merge fields I want to use are URL's.
I would like to turn those URL's into something that is easier to read (right now the email comes over with these long URLs)

i.e. In our approval process an automated email gets sent to a SVP and it shows up in their inbox with a
Click Here to review: https://na3.salesforce.com/p/process/ProcessInstanceWorkitemWizardStageManager?id=04i500000039egG
The problem is that that URL always changes because they are for different approvals so I cant write
<a href="https://na3.salesforce.com/p/process/ProcessInstanceWorkitemWizardStageManager?id=04i500000039egG">Click here to review</a>

Any ideas how I would turn these merge fields into a clickable text field??
Here is one of the URL fields {!ApprovalRequest.External_URL} 
  • December 09, 2014
I want to make some text fields mandatory if a certain value is selected from a picklist. How do I do that?
i.e. 
If
Picklist = Public Relations
Then make the following text fields mandatory:
  • Key Message?
  • Due Date?
  • Etc?
thank you-
  • November 12, 2014
I'm trying to create a case page layout that will only open when people select a certain field.(I'm in marketing so we have internal customers such as Product Managers and Sales) 
For instance, when a Product Manager has a marketing request he/she will go to cases select a field that says "Marketing Request", this in turn would change the normal case page to a marketing case page that asks specific questions that only pertain to marketing requests.
How would I go about doing this?

• November 11, 2014
I have a checkbox in cases that says "Accept Project" if checked I want it to create a Project within a custom object that is part of PM Milestone downloaded from the AppExchange.
Any ideas on how to do that?
  • November 10, 2014
Hello,
I have a number field on my account object that if greater than 1, I want it to change the account type to "Account Active"
Account Active is currently an option under the picklist field = Type.

What I am currently doing manually is running a report that shows customers with number of subscriptions. If I see one that has 1 or more subscription I have to go and change the account type to "Active Customer" currently it just stays as "Active Prospect" which is the default field.
Is this possible to automate with a trigger?
thank you-
  • November 06, 2014

I have a formula field that gives me a Avg. Revenue Per User (ARPU). This is done every month beginning in January and ending in December.

It divides total monthly revenue / total number of subscriptions.

So for instance.

On January 30 the account billed $100 and had 100 subscriptions : ARPU = $1

If I don't lock this formula field, once I add the next month subscription the ARPU for January would change. i.e.

On February 28 the account billed $110 and had 110 subscriptions : ARPU = $1

but then January would calculate wrong,

January would look at the $100 billed in January and divide by 110 subscriptions (the new total number subscriptions): ARPU = $0.91

and this ARPU number would continue to decline as the subscriptions grow.

This is caused by the subscription number changing from month to month.

Any ideas on this?

• October 09, 2013

I have a formula field that gives me a Avg. Revenue Per User (ARPU). This is done every month beginning in January and ending in December.

It divides total monthly revenue / total number of subscriptions.

So for instance.

If I don't lock this formula field, once I add the next month subscription the ARPU for January would change. i.e.

January would look at the $100 billed in January and divide by 110 subscriptions (the new total number subscriptions): ARPU = $0.91

Any ideas on this?

• October 09, 2013

I am trying to figure out a way to embed a button/link on a campaign that allows me to see the status of the HTML email that I send to leads and prospects.

I currently have this custom button:

/camp/rptcmpgncalldown.jsp?scope=1&scopeid={!Campaign.Name}

The problem is that it takes me to the campaign report rather than the HTML email report where I can see who clicked open, last open, how many times open, opted out, etc.

How do I create a quick link on a campaign that associates the members who have received an HTML email so that I can see status?

• February 20, 2013

I am trying to figure out a way to embed a button/link on a campaign that allows me to see the status of the HTML email that I send to leads and prospects.

The problem is that it takes me to the campaign report rather than the HTML email report where I can see who clicked open, last open, how many times open, opted out, etc.

How do I create a quick link on a campaign that associates the members who have received an HTML email so that I can see status?

• February 19, 2013

Hello,

I have the following problem.

I have written the following formula, but I'm having difficulties if/when the January and/or February fields are empty

ASP= Average Selling Price

Currently I'm getting the following answer, but its not correct

January: $0.00

February: $0.00

March: $15.00

Q1 ASP: $5.00

when in reality Q1 ASP should be $15.00 since January and February were 0

Current formula for Q1 ASP = ( January_ASP__c + February_ASP__c + March_ASP__c )/if(March_ASP__c > 0, 3, if (February_ASP__c > 0, 2, 1))

Can anyone help me with this?

thank you,

Mike Oslin

I am trying to figure out a formula that will let me do an average revenue per user (ARPU) on a per quarter basis.

What I am currently doing is (January revenue + February revenue + March revenue)/3

however, this is not accurate because if February or March numbers are not in yet, the divider causes the the ARPU to be lower than it actually is.

Can you help me with a formula for this?

• February 07, 2012
Hello,
I have a number field on my account object that if greater than 1, I want it to change the account type to "Account Active"

What I am currently doing manually is running a report that shows customers with number of subscriptions. If I see one that has 1 or more subscription I have to go and change the account type to "Active Customer" currently it just stays as "Active Prospect" which is the default field.
thank you-
  • November 06, 2014

So for instance.

Any ideas on this?

• October 09, 2013
I am creating an HTML email template and some of the merge fields I want to use are URL's.
I would like to turn those URL's into something that is easier to read (right now the email comes over with these long URLs)

i.e. In our approval process an automated email gets sent to a SVP and it shows up in their inbox with a
Click Here to review: https://na3.salesforce.com/p/process/ProcessInstanceWorkitemWizardStageManager?id=04i500000039egG
The problem is that that URL always changes because they are for different approvals so I cant write
<a href="https://na3.salesforce.com/p/process/ProcessInstanceWorkitemWizardStageManager?id=04i500000039egG">Click here to review</a>

Any ideas how I would turn these merge fields into a clickable text field??
Here is one of the URL fields {!ApprovalRequest.External_URL} 
  • December 09, 2014
I want to make some text fields mandatory if a certain value is selected from a picklist. How do I do that?
i.e. 
If
Picklist = Public Relations
Then make the following text fields mandatory:
  • Key Message?
  • Due Date?
  • Etc?
thank you-
  • November 12, 2014
I'm trying to create a case page layout that will only open when people select a certain field.(I'm in marketing so we have internal customers such as Product Managers and Sales) 
For instance, when a Product Manager has a marketing request he/she will go to cases select a field that says "Marketing Request", this in turn would change the normal case page to a marketing case page that asks specific questions that only pertain to marketing requests.
How would I go about doing this?

• November 11, 2014
Hello,

thank you-
  • November 06, 2014

So for instance.

Any ideas on this?

• October 09, 2013

• February 20, 2013

Hello,

I have the following problem.

I have written the following formula, but I'm having difficulties if/when the January and/or February fields are empty

ASP= Average Selling Price

Currently I'm getting the following answer, but its not correct

January: $0.00

February: $0.00

March: $15.00

Q1 ASP: $5.00

when in reality Q1 ASP should be $15.00 since January and February were 0

Current formula for Q1 ASP = ( January_ASP__c + February_ASP__c + March_ASP__c )/if(March_ASP__c > 0, 3, if (February_ASP__c > 0, 2, 1))

Can anyone help me with this?

thank you,

Mike Oslin

I am trying to figure out a formula that will let me do an average revenue per user (ARPU) on a per quarter basis.

What I am currently doing is (January revenue + February revenue + March revenue)/3

however, this is not accurate because if February or March numbers are not in yet, the divider causes the the ARPU to be lower than it actually is.

Can you help me with a formula for this?

• February 07, 2012