• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Say my schema looks like this:

ChildObject -> ParentObject -> GrandpaObject

And there is a field GrandpaObject__c.operational_area__c I want associated with my ChildObject.

I want to be able to grab all the ChildObjects from a batch in one big query but still have access to the field in the GrandpaObject for each ChildObject.

I'm guessing I use a child-parent relationship somehow, but I haven't seen any examples like that.

Does anyone have any idea?

page lay out and record type option are not showing

Say my schema looks like this:

ChildObject -> ParentObject -> GrandpaObject

And there is a field GrandpaObject__c.operational_area__c I want associated with my ChildObject.

I want to be able to grab all the ChildObjects from a batch in one big query but still have access to the field in the GrandpaObject for each ChildObject.

I'm guessing I use a child-parent relationship somehow, but I haven't seen any examples like that.

Does anyone have any idea?

we have table "Contact". There are fields Id, Name and Reports To fields and so on.

The "Reports To" field is lookup to Contact.

Here, I would like to find Contact --> Contact's Supervisor ----> Contacts Supervisor's Supervirsor ---> and so on.

Can you please explain how to define this relationship using SOQL?

Best Regards
Gowtham

I'm working on an Application with the schema shown in the picture below.  I'm getting stuck on the part where I use a trigger to populate the Transaction Type.  I considered using Master-Detail relationships for Transaction__c.Debit_Account__c to Account__c and for Transaction__c.Credit_Account to Account__c, but since there is a limit of two Master-Detail relationships per object, I would lose the relationship between the Batch header and Transaction.

Do I need to change the schema, and if so, to what? How do I code the trigger to populate the Transaction Type from Transaction Definitions?

Hello,

I am trying to hook up the IDE to a professional org so I can capture schema changes prior to mothballing the org.  I have asked support to enable the metadata API and I believe this has been done.  Now the problem I am running into is the following error message when attempting to log into to the org with the IDE:

invalid_type: Cannot use: Apex Class in this organization

I'm pretty sure I see why this is happening since Prof orgs don't have customizable Apex, triggers, etc....  What I'm hoping is that I can somehow limit the scope of what the IDE is requesting from the API to only those objects and "items" that are appropriate for a Pro org.

Anyone have any ideas?  Thanks in advance for taking the time to respond.

Hi!

I'm using Metadata API/Force.com Migraton Tool and I'm wondering is there is any diagram that shows all the relationships between the Metadata types.

I've found some useful diagrams but they show relationships between some standard Objects

http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/api/index_Left.htm#CSHID=data_model.htm|StartTopic=Content%2Fdata_model.htm|SkinName=webhelp

I'm looking for something similar to that, but showing relationships between metadata types.

Greetings!

Angel