• 0 Points
  • Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I'm trying to write a query that enables me to audit what permissions are granted to all the different profiles.

I'm able to get the 70+ Aministrative Permissions and General User Permissions but I'm not able to find out where the CRUD permissions are for the Standard and Custom Objects.

I'd also love to be able to obtain what the Profile settings are for the Tabs and Apps as well, if possible.

I've been searching the boards, SOQL postings, etc and have no luck, been scouring the IDE and DataLoader for clues to where these settings might be residing. Can anyone help?   Surely someone else has this issue too.

• March 27, 2012

how can I easily find all workflow rules that have stuff like
$Profile.Name = "Sales User"
$ProfileId = 
00i800000WWzxeE

My use case:

I have two profiles for our sales users, call them "Sales user" & "Sales tester"

"Sales User" ne is the main one which all of them are currently assigned to  The "Sales tester" is for pilot program type stuff, which I will switch certain users to, so that they can test out the new process without disrupting everyone else.

I'm now trying to determine if by switching their profile it'll screw up anything reporting, dashboard or workflow rule wise where the "Sales User" profile is a specific criteria.  How can I quickly do a search for everything in the backend that might reference "sales user" profile?

• February 15, 2012
I am completely at a loss.  There is no documentation that tells me how to fix this issue.  I turned on the Critical Update in a sandbox and got the following:

I get the following error:
Error is in expression '{!submitHavePricing}' in component <apex:commandButton> in page formpricingsummarypg: Class.EmailFormWithAttachments.SendPricingFormEmail: line 50, column 1
Class.FormPricingSummaryCls.SubmitHavePricing: line 2226, column 1

The code at line 50 is :
      // Take the PDF content
        Blob b;
        if (Test.isRunningTest())
            b = Blob.valueOf('Test');
        else
            b = pdf.getContent();

and Line 2226 is 

public PageReference SubmitHavePricing() {
        PageReference pr = null;
        if (Submit(false)) {
            pageController.getRecord();
            pr = Page.OpportunityForms;
            pr.getParameters().put( 'id', opp.Id );
            pr.setredirect(true);
            EmailFormWithAttachments.SendPricingFormEmail(f.id, false);

Basically, the 2226 is just calling the PDF to email to you when you hit submit on the VisualForce Page.  

If I turn off the critical update it works.  
Hi there

Salesforce does not allow you to create PDF attachments in batch job.

This is work around to that.
https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/?id=906F0000000AlGoIAK

It works!

But As of Summer 15, Salesforce have implemented a critical update "PageReference getContent() and getContentAsPDF() Methods Treated as Callouts". Once enabled, you may get the rather uninformative error "(304497466)|FATAL_ERROR|System.CalloutException: Callout loop not allowed".

And so I have the problem described in this blog: http://codrspace.com/gwickman/callout-loop-not-allowed-error-when-using-getcontent-and-getcontentaspdf/

Can someone please help me get around this error or help with another way to create PDF attachments for emails in a batch job?

Thank you very much

As per Summer release 15, if someone calling this method will be treated as call out, Does it means that it has timeout of 2 minutes ?
What if customer using getContentAsPDF() method to generate the PDF , Did they get any impact (If they are generating large PDF's)?

I'm trying to write a query that enables me to audit what permissions are granted to all the different profiles.

I'm able to get the 70+ Aministrative Permissions and General User Permissions but I'm not able to find out where the CRUD permissions are for the Standard and Custom Objects.

I'd also love to be able to obtain what the Profile settings are for the Tabs and Apps as well, if possible.

I've been searching the boards, SOQL postings, etc and have no luck, been scouring the IDE and DataLoader for clues to where these settings might be residing. Can anyone help?   Surely someone else has this issue too.

• March 27, 2012

Hi Everyone - 

We are working on implementing Salesforce.com and seem to have run into a possible limitation with security....not sure if we are missing something simple here, or if anyone else has run into something similar.

We have Accounts that are associated to different Markets (that span the country) and Regions of the country.  Our selling model is two-dimensional in that we have Sales Reps that cover specific Markets and Sales Reps that cover specific geographies.  

Essentially....it creates a matrix.

For example, 

We have a Rep that covers Market A for the entire US and a rep that covers all of the Markets in the West.  Both reps need to have Full Read/Write access to the accounts for Market A in the West -- including all related data.  There is a possibility that we may need to share the records with other reps, as well.

For the most part, we will cover this using Territory Management and Sharing rules.  We are using record types (based on Market) and page layouts (1-to-1 for each Market), and each record has a picklist for the Market and assigned region.

The problem that we are running into is that we would like the ability to expose a few fields for all of the Accounts in our org to every user, and the Territory management would give access to all of the fields to the rep for the Market and the rep for the Region.  

Does anyone have any ideas on how we may expose just a few fields from Accounts to everyone without limiting their future ability to see all of the information if a record is shared?

Thanks!

Hi techs, have got a puzzling problem. I'm looking at how the PermissionSet data is exposed via the metadata API. The permission set itself is available, and I can get all of the 'top level' permissions that are editable in a permission set - eg. the admin and app preferences. What I don't seem to be able to get to is the child information - eg if I add/change an object's preferences, or field-level security prefs within the permission set, I don't see this info.

I'm trying to work out if I can use the metadata API to retrieve and deploy a permission set to another org. It looks like I can do this for the set itself but not for the object/field info within the perm set. In this case, the solution is only going to be half-baked.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Stephen

@sbro_nz