• 25 Points
  • Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

We're using the Service Cloud Console Integration Toolkit in a custom console component. In our dev environment everything works well but the same component used when our code is installed as a managed package in various other orgs does not work when using IE 8 browser. All other browsers work fine and as mentioned IE 8 works fine in our dev org but installed in other orgs the Service Cloud Console Integration Toolkit doesn't appear to function at all when using IE 8.

It's a strange one and there are no obvious Javascript errors visible in debug. Just wondering whether anyone else has had a similiar experience...

Thanks

p.s. we are using version 26.0 of the toolkit btw

I have the following code:

Component.Apex.ActionFunction generateActionFn = new Component.Apex.ActionFunction();
generateActionFn.name = 'generate';
generateActionFn.expressions.action = '{!generate}';
generateActionFn.reRender = new Set<String>{'page_container'};

My question is, how do you add a parameter (an Apex:Param) to this ActionFunction? I've tried the obvious things but with no success...

Anyone managed to do this or have any ideas?

Can anyone tell me what characteristics a Visualforce page must have to be listed under the Choose Custom Console Components "Available Items" box when creating or editing a Service Cloud Console?

I understand components can be added via an object page layout using the Custom Console Components link but I'm trying to understand the purpose of selecting a Visualforce page in the Service Cloud Console setup and initially I can't even manage to get any Visualforce pages listed in that section...

Any clues would be much appreciated...

We have come across an issue when using an actionFunction in a Visualforce page. I have created the following test code to demonstrate the issue:

public with sharing class XmlTestPage_Controller {

public transient String SaveDraftXml { get;set; }

public PageReference saveDraftAction(){
    	System.debug('** Draft xml! :'+SaveDraftXml);
    	System.debug('** String length :'+SaveDraftXml.length());
		return null;
    }

}

<apex:page controller="XmlTestPage_Controller">

<apex:form >

<script type="text/javascript">
			function save(){
				var draftxml = document.getElementById('xmlInput').value;
				saveDraftAction(draftxml);
	        }
    	</script>

<apex:actionFunction name="saveDraftAction" action="{!saveDraftAction}" reRender="none" oncomplete="alert('Saved!');">
	        <apex:param name="SaveDraftXml" assignTo="{!SaveDraftXml}" value="" />
	    </apex:actionFunction>

<textarea id="xmlInput" />

<input type="button" value="Save" onclick="save()"/>

</apex:form>

</apex:page>

When a complex (and fairly large, at 50,000 characters) xml string is pasted into the text box and the button clicked, the actionFunction call takes between 1.5 and 2 minutes (before it even even gets to the Apex method call). If an equivalent size string of all xxxx's is placed in the text box, the same call takes seconds. This suggests there is maybe some sort of parsing of the xml along the way.... has anyone experienced the same issue, have more information on this or ideally have a good work around? As this is causing us quite some grief.

If anyone wants an example xml string to replicate this, please ask, I can supply one.

Any response, information, help or sympathy on this one would be very much appreciated....

btw: we haven't had any such issues using javascript remoting but due to the maximum request size limitation we can't use it in this case.

We have come across an issue when using an actionFunction in a Visualforce page. I have created the following test code to demonstrate the issue:

public with sharing class XmlTestPage_Controller {

public transient String SaveDraftXml { get;set; }

public PageReference saveDraftAction(){
    	System.debug('** Draft xml! :'+SaveDraftXml);
    	System.debug('** String length :'+SaveDraftXml.length());
		return null;
    }

}

<apex:page controller="XmlTestPage_Controller">

<apex:form >

<script type="text/javascript">
			function save(){
				var draftxml = document.getElementById('xmlInput').value;
				saveDraftAction(draftxml);
	        }
    	</script>

<apex:actionFunction name="saveDraftAction" action="{!saveDraftAction}" reRender="none" oncomplete="alert('Saved!');">
	        <apex:param name="SaveDraftXml" assignTo="{!SaveDraftXml}" value="" />
	    </apex:actionFunction>

<textarea id="xmlInput" />

<input type="button" value="Save" onclick="save()"/>

</apex:form>

</apex:page>

When a complex (and fairly large, at 50,000 characters) xml string is pasted into the text box and the button clicked, the actionFunction call takes between 1.5 and 2 minutes (before it even even gets to the Apex method call). If an equivalent size string of all xxxx's is placed in the text box, the same call takes seconds. This suggests there is maybe some sort of parsing of the xml along the way.... has anyone experienced the same issue, have more information on this or ideally have a good work around? As this is causing us quite some grief.

If anyone wants an example xml string to replicate this, please ask, I can supply one.

Any response, information, help or sympathy on this one would be very much appreciated....

btw: we haven't had any such issues using javascript remoting but due to the maximum request size limitation we can't use it in this case.

We have a post install script that performs a soql over a custom object that is contained within the managed package. The script is failing on installation with the exception:

Install Script Exception

caused by: System.QueryException: sObject type 'NS1__Document__c' is not supported.

This apex executes without issue in the development org but fails with the above exception on install... I'm beginning to wonder whether post install scripts support soql over custom objects... Any information on this would be muchly appreciated!

Thanks

We have a custom object within a managed package which has view and edit overrides to a visualforce page within the same package. We have found the following javascript error ocurring when a user clicks a link to view the object:

SCRIPT5009: 'Sfdc' is undefined 
VFState.js, line 1 character 1

The error is not preventing the VF page from appearing or functioning correctly, it's happening under the covers but it would be good to know why it's happening and and whether it can be resolved.
Any ideas gratefully received...
Thanks

Is it possible to prevent a custom object from appearing in the SF "Add New" home page component?

We wish to reference a custom setting field in a visualforce page, as follows:

<iframe src="{!$Setup.OurNS__Our_Custom_Setting__c.URL__c}" style="width:100%; height:800px; padding: 0;" frameborder="0"></iframe>

This custom setting type is Hierarchy and contains default organization level values only.

The problem is that no data is being retrieved from the custom setting field.... Is it possible to reference a field in a custom setting within a visualforce page in this way?

What specific permissions does the context user need to be able call System.abortJob() in Apex?

Currrently a call to this system method is failing with an exception (System.Exception: Insufficient Privileges) for some users and the exception can't be caught. So it's necessary to be able to check for the correct permissions beforehand.

I'd like to use the new soql offset clause in apex code. I understand it's in developer preview and not GA. So have opened a case asking SF to enable this new feature in our org but meanwhile I just wanted to check whether if enabled in our org will we be able write apex code containing this clause, package it up and install the package in production orgs while it is in developer preview?

Any info on this would be much appreciated...

Thanks

I have inadvertently created a package namespace that contains uppercase characters and I have come across an issue with the uppercase characters. The org seems to save the namespace with the uppercase characters. And when object or field level meta data is returned in apex using describe methods, the namespace is returned in the same case (i.e. with uppercase characters). But if it is then used in apex code for retrieval, for example:

Map<String, Schema.SObjectType> gd = Schema.getGlobalDescribe(); 
gd.get('MYNS__Document_Setting__c').getDescribe(); 

Nothing is returned unless the namespace is first converted to lowercase. 

This is an annoying issue, as developers will need to convert the namespace retrieved from describe methods before reusing it for retrieval.
Why does the SF UI allow uppercase characters to be accepted as a namespace if there is an issue with it? Surely this is a bug? I notice on the visualforce urls the namespace is converted to lowercase...

Is it possible for Salesforce to change the namespace in our org and covert it to lowercase?

Any information or shared experience on this would be much appreciated.

Thanks

I'm developing an app that will offer the ability to chatter - i.e. automatically generate chatter posts based upon events within the application. This functionality will controlled by a setting within the app allowing users to turn it on or off.

It is important that this app can be successfully installed into an org whether it has Chatter enabled or not. The idea being that if the user has chatter enabled they are able to set the application to automatically generate chatter posts but if they don't have chatter enabled, the application will install and run without any issues.

I notice on package upload, under the package requirements section, chatter is now automatically selected. But it is possible to deselect it. My question is:

What happens if the Chatter package requirement checkbox is deselected (while the package contains apex that refers to Chatter objects), will the install still fail on an org that does not have chatter enabled?

Can a package that contains apex references to Chatter objects be successfully installed into an org that does not have Chatter enabled?

Obviously answers to these questions can be determined by some trial installations but it would be very useful indeed to get some answers from someone with knowledge of this area.

Thanks

Can anyone tell me what characteristics a Visualforce page must have to be listed under the Choose Custom Console Components "Available Items" box when creating or editing a Service Cloud Console?

I understand components can be added via an object page layout using the Custom Console Components link but I'm trying to understand the purpose of selecting a Visualforce page in the Service Cloud Console setup and initially I can't even manage to get any Visualforce pages listed in that section...

Any clues would be much appreciated...

We have a post install script that performs a soql over a custom object that is contained within the managed package. The script is failing on installation with the exception:

Install Script Exception

caused by: System.QueryException: sObject type 'NS1__Document__c' is not supported.

This apex executes without issue in the development org but fails with the above exception on install... I'm beginning to wonder whether post install scripts support soql over custom objects... Any information on this would be muchly appreciated!

Thanks

Is it possible to prevent a custom object from appearing in the SF "Add New" home page component?