• 0 Points
  • Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Is it possible to utilise Batch Apex to perform operations on multiple large objects thereby going around governor limits?

Understand that the Query Locator allows up to 50M records to be returned, but what if the requirement is to:

- Query large Object A

- Create records on Object B based on the number of records in the first query

- Query large Object C to match newly-created Object B records and update Object B fields accordingly

Can one batchable class support this? Or does it require multiple batchable classes?

Hi,

Wanted to get some inputs on the best way to provide test coverage for this setup:

What I've got are:

- 2 Components

- 1 Component Controller Class that is being referenced by the 2 components

- 2 Virtual Classes (1 to extend the Page Controller and 1 to extend the Component Controller)

- 1 Page where the components are all shown

- 1 Page Controller Class where the components' properties are utilised

Still in the process of trying out that creating a test class just for the Page Controller would be sufficient.

Any experience on something similar before? 

Thanks!

Was wondering if anyone has come across a similar issue before...

Getting the following errors when trying to do a full deployment using the migration tool.

Error: workflows/PersonAccount.workflow(PersonAccount):Cannot create workflow directly; must create the CustomObject first

---> This is odd because it's a full deployment which means the object is there, but for some reason the error exists. In addition, there's no visible Person Account-specific workflow component in the org itself for a metadata component to be generated.

Error: workflows/Question.workflow(Question):Cannot create workflow directly; must create the CustomObject first

Error: workflows/Reply.workflow(Reply):Cannot create workflow directly; must create the CustomObject first

---> Best guess for these two is that they are related to the installation of the Timba app which some folks are trying out. Having said that, I've already uninstalled the app in the source org, but the *.workflow metadata components are still there. I even tried physically removing the metadata in both the IDE and yet when I do a refresh from the server, they both come back.

Appreciate any insights you can offer on these errors.

Hopefully someone has encountered them before and can let me know how they were able to get rid of them.

Last resort is of course doing a clean-up of the metadata after a 'retrieve' task and prior to the 'deploy',

but I'd rather find the root cause and fix it properly.

Thanks in advance!

Is it possible to utilise Batch Apex to perform operations on multiple large objects thereby going around governor limits?

Understand that the Query Locator allows up to 50M records to be returned, but what if the requirement is to:

- Query large Object A

- Create records on Object B based on the number of records in the first query

- Query large Object C to match newly-created Object B records and update Object B fields accordingly

Can one batchable class support this? Or does it require multiple batchable classes?

Hi,

Wanted to get some inputs on the best way to provide test coverage for this setup:

What I've got are:

- 2 Components

- 1 Component Controller Class that is being referenced by the 2 components

- 2 Virtual Classes (1 to extend the Page Controller and 1 to extend the Component Controller)

- 1 Page where the components are all shown

- 1 Page Controller Class where the components' properties are utilised

Still in the process of trying out that creating a test class just for the Page Controller would be sufficient.

Any experience on something similar before? 

Thanks!