• 0 Points
  • Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I've built a dashboard of 6 tables that rank each sales person by the number of contacts, accounts, opps, leads, tasks and events they have created since a specified date. Our sales manager now would like to be able to give each sales person an overall score  or weighted average based on the total records created for each object.

Does anyone have any idea on how this could be done? Any suggestions would help! Thanks! 

• July 03, 2012

We are having trouble understanding all of the dates associated with product/revenue scheduling.

It's my understanding that if a revenue schedule is established, then the "schedule date" in reports is the date for revenue schedule. If no revenue schedule exists then, the product schedule date is used. If product schedule is set up, then the schedule date in a report will be the date established in the scheduling process. If there is no scheduling, then the date that appears in the schedule date for reports is the Opportunity Close Date.

We have been using a report for forecasting for quite some time and it has always pulled the correct dates. Suddenly, the reports have been pulling the Opportunity Close Dates despite the existence of an established schedule.

Does anyone have any suggestions on why this could be happening? Is there some setting I could have changed that would upset this functionality? (In forecasting settings, the forecast date is set to Schedule Date)

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions! Thanks!

• June 08, 2012

We have a custom field on contracts for "Contract Type" that we eventually want displayed on any opportunities associated with related account. I had thought the first step would be to have the contract type displayed on the account as a text and then have a cross object formula roll that down to the opportunities (and ultimately several custom objects related to the opportunities).

My question is how to have the contract type roll up from contracts onto the account. I know I can have that displayed in the contracts related list on the accounts page, but there's no way from there to roll it down to the opportunity.

Another hiccup is that there could be multiple contracts of varying types on one account and we would like to list all of the types on the account.

Would appreciate any suggestions! Thanks!

• May 25, 2012

I need to create a roll up summary on a field that is a formula. However, I have never written a trigger and was hoping someone would be able to walk me through the steps of doing so. The field is on the opportunity products and I need the rollup to be the sum of that field on the opportunity.

Thanks you for any help or suggestions provided!

• April 18, 2012

We have a post sales group that coordinates delivery of our product, and we have a custom object  that is a master detail to the opportunity to collect data on the details of this process.

My question is: how would you go about adding the post sales groups to these opportunities? We don't want to give them permissions until the opportunities are closed. However, they need to have read/write access to edit the scheduling of products. We also only want them to have access to the opportunities in the region in which they are assigned, so we don't want to grant them general opportunity access.

I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around the profile settings we should use. I am leaning towards using sales teams and having the sales guys set up the default sales teams, then train them to manually add the default team when the opp is closed won. Ideally, I would like that to be automated, but seeing as I know nothing about apex triggers or anything of that sort (yet), I was looking for a simpler way.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

• April 02, 2012

I need to create a roll up summary on a field that is a formula. However, I have never written a trigger and was hoping someone would be able to walk me through the steps of doing so. The field is on the opportunity products and I need the rollup to be the sum of that field on the opportunity.

Thanks you for any help or suggestions provided!

• April 18, 2012

I have a lookup field on the account that pulls from a list of accounts that have a specific value in a custom field.

I want to be able to take that value and populate a filed on the opportunity, and also use that account info to populate the address of that account on the opportunity as well.

The goal is to be able to use the related account and address information in the quote pdf template. If there is another way to do that I am eager to find out.

I don;t want my users to have to enter the same information multiple times.