• 0 Points
  • Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I'm writing a visualforce page that is intended to edit values displayed in a table. I'm having some issues with the inlineEditSupport tag, though, in particular with multi-select picklists. If I try to put a column like this in the table,

<apex:column styleClass="dataCell">
	<apex:facet name="header">Subtype</apex:facet>
	<apex:outputField value="{!mask.subtype__c}">
		<apex:inlineEditSupport event="ondblclick"/>
	</apex:outputField>
</apex:column>

then the page loads with a garbage dialog underneath the table that I can't seem to find in the page source:

Then if I double-click on the field, the dialog gets replaced with a picklist window that's too far off to the left to really see its contents.

Anyone know what's going on?

So I'm working on an application that includes some basic e-mail functionality. I've created an e-mail template and a custom object called EmailMessage__c with fields Subject__c and Body__c which are referenced in the template.

When I test it logged in as a system administrator, it works fine. But when I log in through the portal frontend as an end user (a profile based on "Overage High Volume Customer Portal"), the e-mail sends with a blank subject and body. Querying the database confirms that the EmailMessage__c object was saved and committed to the database with the correct values, but they weren't filled in.

I can only assume that this is a permissions issue somewhere, but I can't find anything wrong. Both System Administrator and our profile based on Overage High Volume Customer Portal have full permissions on the EmailMessage__c object, and I also ensured that it was listed as available for the customer portal, but it still sends blank messages.

Any idea what's going on?

I'm building an app that utilizes Jigsaw through a web service, but I'm having trouble getting 'update' to work as expected.

The idea is that a company is represented as an Account object with an optional jigsaw id field. When an Account object is requested, the app checks to see if that field is set; if not, it makes a query against Jigsaw and, if only one value is returned, will update the object with that value. There are several other objects involved, so I've created a new Apex class to tie everything together.

The apex class contains a field 'privAccount', which is the privately-stored local reference to its corresponding Account object. For getting and setting its jigsaw id, I have some code like this:

public String jigsawId {
		get {
			return (this.privAccount == null ? '' : this.privAccount.jigsaw_clean__Jigsaw_Id__c);
		}
		set {
			if (this.privAccount == null)
				return;

this.privAccount.jigsaw_clean__Jigsaw_Id__c = value;
			Database.SaveResult result = Database.update(this.privAccount);
			if (!result.isSuccess())
				System.debug('update failed for account: ' + this.privAccount.Id);
		}
	}

I've scattered debug statements throughout the code, and the result of the update call claims that it was successful, but when I run a query against the updated Account object, its jigsaw id field remains null.

Any ideas why this is happening?

It's gotten to the point where I've logged off, rebooted, and I still can't open it up because the last log it tried to load freezes my browser. I effectively cannot access any log messages from my code because the most recent logfile was too large, and the majority of those messages are about heap allocation (which I, as a user of the platform and not a Salesforce.com employee, care nothing about).

I'm now trying to look into reducing the size of these logs with filters, but the fact that I have to do this in order to keep my browser from crashing is ridiculous. It's always been slow, but it's never been this bad before.

Salesforce employees: can you PLEASE provide options (preferably set as the default) to hide log messages not created with System.debug()? These log files are simply too big to deal with in a browser.

</rant>

I've been trying to track down a bug in my application for the past few hours, but can't get anywhere because I can't see my app's output. This is rather frustrating, and the last time I asked here about how to filter out irrelevant log messages I was told to use Ctrl+F, which obviously doesn't work in a crashing browser.

Any tips or pieces of advice are welcome.

I can't even filter the log because it's too big and always opens as a raw file. I'm trying to track down an issue, but I have no idea what's going on because I can't find my own log messages in the mountain of HEAP_ALLOCATE messages.

For an application that I'm building I'm trying to incorporate the Twitter Bootstrap CSS libraries, but there are a couple instances of this causing conflicts with the default Visualforce CSS. The most obvious instance is when trying to use a button other than the default, e.g.

<apex:button value="Click Me" styleClass="btn btn-primary"/>

This results in a button that's somewhere between Visualforce's default and the intended final result.

I know that the standard stylesheets can be turned off entirely, but I don't want to remove the header in order to do it.

One solution I can think of is to try and tell Visualforce that the Bootstrap libraries should have a higher priority, but I'm not sure how to do it, if it's even possible.

Any help would be appreciated.

I'm working on an application that makes a query and displays the results as a list of custom components, e.g.

<apex:dataList>
  <c:Item .../>
</apex:dataList>

Each Item component contains a "more info" link that should display a modal dialog containing the additional information. I've found a tutorial on how to do a modal dialog in apex and css, but the outputPanel and css needs to be contained in the main page. The problem is that the Item component has its own controller, and I don't know how to reference the containing page/controller to tell it to display the item's detail.

Any advice?

I'm writing a visualforce page that is intended to edit values displayed in a table. I'm having some issues with the inlineEditSupport tag, though, in particular with multi-select picklists. If I try to put a column like this in the table,

<apex:column styleClass="dataCell">
	<apex:facet name="header">Subtype</apex:facet>
	<apex:outputField value="{!mask.subtype__c}">
		<apex:inlineEditSupport event="ondblclick"/>
	</apex:outputField>
</apex:column>

then the page loads with a garbage dialog underneath the table that I can't seem to find in the page source:

Then if I double-click on the field, the dialog gets replaced with a picklist window that's too far off to the left to really see its contents.

Anyone know what's going on?

So I'm working on an application that includes some basic e-mail functionality. I've created an e-mail template and a custom object called EmailMessage__c with fields Subject__c and Body__c which are referenced in the template.

When I test it logged in as a system administrator, it works fine. But when I log in through the portal frontend as an end user (a profile based on "Overage High Volume Customer Portal"), the e-mail sends with a blank subject and body. Querying the database confirms that the EmailMessage__c object was saved and committed to the database with the correct values, but they weren't filled in.

I can only assume that this is a permissions issue somewhere, but I can't find anything wrong. Both System Administrator and our profile based on Overage High Volume Customer Portal have full permissions on the EmailMessage__c object, and I also ensured that it was listed as available for the customer portal, but it still sends blank messages.

Any idea what's going on?

I can't even filter the log because it's too big and always opens as a raw file. I'm trying to track down an issue, but I have no idea what's going on because I can't find my own log messages in the mountain of HEAP_ALLOCATE messages.

For an application that I'm building I'm trying to incorporate the Twitter Bootstrap CSS libraries, but there are a couple instances of this causing conflicts with the default Visualforce CSS. The most obvious instance is when trying to use a button other than the default, e.g.

<apex:button value="Click Me" styleClass="btn btn-primary"/>

This results in a button that's somewhere between Visualforce's default and the intended final result.

I know that the standard stylesheets can be turned off entirely, but I don't want to remove the header in order to do it.

One solution I can think of is to try and tell Visualforce that the Bootstrap libraries should have a higher priority, but I'm not sure how to do it, if it's even possible.

Any help would be appreciated.

I'm working on an application that makes a query and displays the results as a list of custom components, e.g.

<apex:dataList>
  <c:Item .../>
</apex:dataList>

Each Item component contains a "more info" link that should display a modal dialog containing the additional information. I've found a tutorial on how to do a modal dialog in apex and css, but the outputPanel and css needs to be contained in the main page. The problem is that the Item component has its own controller, and I don't know how to reference the containing page/controller to tell it to display the item's detail.

Any advice?