• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi All,

Salesforce API newbie here.

Using Perl I can do basics on Accounts, Cases, Opportnuities, but when I try to access custom objects I run into trouble. For example trying to look up a custom object returns an error like:

INVALID_TYPE:
select id from Bugzilla__c where BZ_Number__c like '1234'
^
ERROR at Row:1:Column:16
sObject type 'Bugzilla__c' is not supported. If you are attempting to use a custom object, be sure to append the '__c' after the entity name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names. at update-keywords-for-bug.pl line 185

I assume I need to reference my enterprise WSDL instead of the default (in my script I reference https://test.salesforce.com/services/Soap/u/23.0)

How do I do this in Perl? I have searched the forums here and find threads that touch on the topic but can't find any answers,

Help appreciated!

Thanks - James

Hi All,

Salesforce API newbie here.

Using Perl I can do basics on Accounts, Cases, Opportnuities, but when I try to access custom objects I run into trouble. For example trying to look up a custom object returns an error like:

INVALID_TYPE:
select id from Bugzilla__c where BZ_Number__c like '1234'
^
ERROR at Row:1:Column:16
sObject type 'Bugzilla__c' is not supported. If you are attempting to use a custom object, be sure to append the '__c' after the entity name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names. at update-keywords-for-bug.pl line 185

I assume I need to reference my enterprise WSDL instead of the default (in my script I reference https://test.salesforce.com/services/Soap/u/23.0)

How do I do this in Perl? I have searched the forums here and find threads that touch on the topic but can't find any answers,

Help appreciated!

Thanks - James