• Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hey All,

I'm trying to release my app on the App Exchange. There is a questionnaire that must be filled in, one of the questions is:

"Is your offering a single org solution of hybrid single org solution? "

Can somebody explain to me what that means?

Best Regards,

Nikolay

• August 21, 2012

Hey all,

it should be possible now to create an apex class that executes some code after a package is installed.

http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/apexcode/Content/apex_install_handler.htm

Here in this document, at the bottom of page 188 it says:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/97452753/205/Running-Apex-on-Package-Install-Upgrade

"Once you have created and tested the post install script, you can specify it in the Post Install Script lookup field on the PackageDetail page. In subsequent patch releases, you can change the contents of the script but not the Apex class. The class selection is also available via the Metadata API as Package.postInstallClass. This is represented in package.xmlas a <postInstallClass>foo</postInstallClass> element."

I searched and I searched, but I couldn't find the place where I can specify which is my post install class.

Can you point me into the right direction?

Many thanks,

Nikolay

Hey everyone,

I'm relatively new to apex and I'm missing something about Custom Settings. What I want to do is store some organization wide configuration and allow any particular user to change that configuration for himself. It seems that Custom Settings are the way to go for that task. 

What I cannot find out is how to initialize the custom settings with the organization wide defaults after the package is deployed somewhere. Is there something like "after deploy trigger" or any other way to proceed?

Thanks a lot for the help.,

Nikolay

Hey all,

I'm developing a salesforce app, it basically provides a search interface to an external database. After the user has finished searching, he can create a new Account and fill some of its fields with data from this external database. 

I want to allow the users to customize which fields from the database map to which fields in their new Account objects. What is the best way to do that? Is there a standard component, code, snippet?

Any help from the more experienced developers would be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Nikolay

Hey all,

I'm pretty new with Salesforce development. I'll tell you what I want to do and I hope I can get some good advice on how to do it. 

I'm developing an app with apex. I want to store some application specific information about every user that uses my salesforce app. I want this information not to be editable for anyone but the application code. Ideally users/admins should not even know about it. How can I do that? I started with creating a custom object where I want to store my info, but I couldn't find how to change the object level permissions so that no one is allowed to see or edit the data. Am I on the right track or should I be doing something completely different?

Thanks a lot for your help, it's greatly appreciated!

Regards,
Kazmin 

• March 23, 2012

Hey all,

it should be possible now to create an apex class that executes some code after a package is installed.

http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/apexcode/Content/apex_install_handler.htm

Here in this document, at the bottom of page 188 it says:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/97452753/205/Running-Apex-on-Package-Install-Upgrade

"Once you have created and tested the post install script, you can specify it in the Post Install Script lookup field on the PackageDetail page. In subsequent patch releases, you can change the contents of the script but not the Apex class. The class selection is also available via the Metadata API as Package.postInstallClass. This is represented in package.xmlas a <postInstallClass>foo</postInstallClass> element."

I searched and I searched, but I couldn't find the place where I can specify which is my post install class.

Can you point me into the right direction?

Many thanks,

Nikolay

Hey all,

I'm developing a salesforce app, it basically provides a search interface to an external database. After the user has finished searching, he can create a new Account and fill some of its fields with data from this external database. 

I want to allow the users to customize which fields from the database map to which fields in their new Account objects. What is the best way to do that? Is there a standard component, code, snippet?

Any help from the more experienced developers would be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Nikolay

Hey all,

I'm pretty new with Salesforce development. I'll tell you what I want to do and I hope I can get some good advice on how to do it. 

I'm developing an app with apex. I want to store some application specific information about every user that uses my salesforce app. I want this information not to be editable for anyone but the application code. Ideally users/admins should not even know about it. How can I do that? I started with creating a custom object where I want to store my info, but I couldn't find how to change the object level permissions so that no one is allowed to see or edit the data. Am I on the right track or should I be doing something completely different?

Thanks a lot for your help, it's greatly appreciated!

Regards,
Kazmin 

• March 23, 2012