• 10 Points
  • Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
What are the different ways we can create a fix solution to already installed unmanaged package. Can we create a generic patch package which can be installed and overwrite the code of  already installed package ? or do we need to use change set. What would be the most generic approach here.

Are there any rank and reputation for Salesforce ideas users ?

Thanks,

Sachin

Hi,

Can anyone tell us how to overide the OOB reputation levels in Chatter answers. I found a standard object "ChatterAnswersReputationLevel" where these seems to be stored but it is not exposed directly. Can some one confirm if we need to make api call to this object to modify it.

Are there any direction configuration options to achieve this goal.

Thanks,

Sachin

Hi All,

I am creating a SAML assertion for the Salesforce SSO. I used OPEN SAML for creating the assertion.

Used keytool to create the certificates.

I am getting the following error when I validate my SAML response against the SAML validator in Salesforce 

11. Validating the Signature
  Is the response signed? false
  Is the assertion signed? true
  Is the correct certificate supplied in the keyinfo? true
  An exception was thrown on signature validation: java.security.SignatureException: Signature encoding error
  Certificate specified in settings: CN=dev.comityworks.com Expiration: 21 Oct 2012 07:15:05 GMT
  Certificate specified in this assertion: CN=dev.comityworks.com Expiration: 21 Oct 2012 07:15:05 GMT

The SAML Response is below

<samlp:Response xmlns:samlp="urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:2.0:protocol" Version="2.0" IssueInstant="2012-07-20T06:5:17.364Z" Destination="https://login.salesforce.com">
<saml:Issuer xmlns:saml="urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:2.0:assertion">dev.com
</saml:Issuer>

<samlp:Status xmlns:samlp="urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:2.0:protocol">
<samlp:StatusCode xmlns:samlp="urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:2.0:protocol"
Value="urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:2.0:status:Success">
</samlp:StatusCode>
</samlp:Status>

<saml:Assertion xmlns:saml="urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:2.0:assertion" ID="1234" IssueInstant="2012-07-20T06:5:17.364Z" Version="2.0">

<saml:Issuer>dev.com</saml:Issuer>

<Signature xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#">
<SignedInfo>
<CanonicalizationMethod Algorithm="http://www.w3.org/2001/10/xml-exc-c14n#"/>
<SignatureMethod Algorithm="http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#rsa-sha1"/>
<Reference URI="#1234">
<Transforms>
<Transform Algorithm="http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#enveloped-signature"/>
<Transform Algorithm="http://www.w3.org/2001/10/xml-exc-c14n#"/>
</Transforms>
<DigestMethod Algorithm="http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#sha1"/>
<DigestValue>Xz8bJqroWKcnrUzBypQy87Z3fNU=</DigestValue>
</Reference>
</SignedInfo>
<SignatureValue>
RjZ6JDl3HpFw+Jy8t19tKG9E0ED0cN7Xr7Ax56sPjSQaEFT9nSsM7NonzK6C/DHzJe63Jnv4+rXg
ZFjcTrfzlXSwGkcUREyTgLM4vOjBEz459bBcWVEMuMPUUXDOpCrdP3lSSuhrBzzEb3SXOlma8+lg
qf7WUrxv1z6VswxQEgzIwsObZNWshQ5LWuysw5txdN/8vmOgvlG+9X2PTP+K+dBEolPiRvscnj/K
vDWHueO7NU2AmVEKR0Lv3F7CJC/cY21xRAoyIILoAcUj+8sXkUI4jwib/Ik2T9+jYKN6+ZmTFo9k
cdcSXKlXNEt1jROC+YeZXaalkxY7yo8Dey/GvA==
</SignatureValue>
<KeyInfo>
<X509Data>
<X509Certificate>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</X509Certificate>
</X509Data>
</KeyInfo>
</Signature>

<saml:Subject>
<saml:NameID Format="urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:2.0:nameid-format:transient" >sachin@cloudsquads.com
</saml:NameID>

<saml:SubjectConfirmation Method="urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:2.0:cm:bearer">
<saml:SubjectConfirmationData NotOnOrAfter="2013-07-20T05:23:17.364Z" Recipient="https://login.salesforce.com"/> </saml:SubjectConfirmation>
</saml:Subject>

<saml:Conditions NotBefore="2012-07-20T05:23:17.364Z" NotOnOrAfter="2013-07-20T05:23:17.364Z">

<saml:AudienceRestriction>

<saml:Audience>https://saml.salesforce.com</saml:Audience>

</saml:AudienceRestriction>

</saml:Conditions>

<saml:AuthnStatement AuthnInstant="2012-07-20T06:5:17.364Z" SessionIndex="1234"><saml:AuthnContext><saml:AuthnContextClassRef>urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:2.0:ac:classes:PasswordProtectedTransport</saml:AuthnContextClassRef></saml:AuthnContext></saml:AuthnStatement></saml:Assertion></samlp:Response>

Hi,

We have developed a managed package for App Exchange but kept the custom settings as public so that admin can have access to it. We are storing the api keys in the custom settings but no username or passwords. will it amount as threat in security review.

Aprreciate the help here.

Thanks,
Sachin 

Do anyone knows if the Salesforce Rest API call is available in Group and Professional editional or is it just avaliable for the developer edition alone.

Thanks,

Sachin

Hi

I am able to post a link using feeditem object and setting its type as "link post". Besides link, I need to post a image to chatter feed. It should not be like a separate file that got uploaded. 

Sample output : 

chatter page  

username : some content goes here   <image> some content goes here

My link

<image> - an external link is used to display the image

Thanks.

Hi,

I need to send an image to an external service through apex api call.

1)does salesforce support multipart/form-data in api call ??

2) also i need to send parameter (name of image) to that external service .so can i send blob as value string parameters in a single request ??

Thanks for your suggestions

Hi,

I need to upload an image to the external service along with some other data (string) to an external service.As of now i have written the REST api call to send the string data but i need a way to upload the image as well. 

1 ) does salesforce supports uploading image in REST api calls to external service ?

2 ) can we send blob data (image) as well some string data at the same time in a single REST api call ??

Thanks.

Hi,

i am using Salesforce native Live Agent feature. My requirement is to load the live agen ton a form and let user fill the form. When the user clicks on chat the live agent should launch and the filled form details should be send to live agent.

I have tried to send the soem dummy data to live agent and I am succesful in doing so as I use "addCustomDetail" before the init in teh page loads itself. however when ever I try to do it thorugh a function call ie when  the user clicks on the live agent button i call afn which has the "addCustomDetail" and init method i get a pop up blocker from the browser.

Can anyone suggest me a way of dymanically picking data from form without running into pops.

Appreciate the help.

Thanks,

Sachin 

Am posting a feeditem of type linkpost to chatter using apex code. 

I want to show only the linkname and hide the linkurl.....

link to the image - 

Hi,

We have a "Assign using active assignment rules" option at the bottom whenever we create a new case. We can chose a default value for this option from the page layout. Can we also access or set it through a trigger on case object. I tried finding the field name for this field, but got none.

Please let me know, if someone knows about this field.

Thanks,

Sachin

Hi,

Normal we access Salesforce (outside Salesforce enviroment) through web services generated from WSDL file.

I have a requirement in which I can not deploy WSDL web services at client end. Is there some way we can access Salesforce (from outside Salesforce enviroment) without using WSDL web services.

Thanks,

Sachin 

What are the different ways we can create a fix solution to already installed unmanaged package. Can we create a generic patch package which can be installed and overwrite the code of  already installed package ? or do we need to use change set. What would be the most generic approach here.

Hi

I am able to post a link using feeditem object and setting its type as "link post". Besides link, I need to post a image to chatter feed. It should not be like a separate file that got uploaded. 

Sample output : 

chatter page  

username : some content goes here   <image> some content goes here

My link

<image> - an external link is used to display the image

Thanks.

Am posting a feeditem of type linkpost to chatter using apex code. 

I want to show only the linkname and hide the linkurl.....

link to the image - 

Hi,

We have a "Assign using active assignment rules" option at the bottom whenever we create a new case. We can chose a default value for this option from the page layout. Can we also access or set it through a trigger on case object. I tried finding the field name for this field, but got none.

Please let me know, if someone knows about this field.

Thanks,

Sachin

Hi,

Normal we access Salesforce (outside Salesforce enviroment) through web services generated from WSDL file.

I have a requirement in which I can not deploy WSDL web services at client end. Is there some way we can access Salesforce (from outside Salesforce enviroment) without using WSDL web services.

Thanks,

Sachin 

Hello,

I am creating a VF page in my org BUT I want to be able to expose it (once completed) in any one of my custromers website (not under the Force.com Sites platform).  

The idea is that every customer of mine should be able to see this reservation visualforce page in one of their webpages for their sites. The visualforce page should be able to send information to SF and then retrieve reuslts to which the customer will be able to select one of those results and send it back to SF for creating the custom record.

Imagine a hotel with a reservations component calling to SF to get the available rooms based on user input. Then displaying it in the webpage and sending back the selection from the user for processing in SF. This would resoult in a reservation record created in SF and more workflow to fire off.

I am not sure how to approach this....Any ideas?