• 25 Points
  • Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I need to add some customization to the quote / quote line items.   We need the ability to be able to prorate some line items where each line item can have a different begin and end date.  So I was thinking about adding some custom fields (checkbox for prorate and two dates: begin and end date) to the quote line item and a custom button to the quote called "Adjust Line Items" and a trigger on the Quote.

So Is it possible to create a custom button on the Quote that would bring up a custom display that would show all the quote line item fields where the user could edit the necessary fields.   For example, the user could check prorate and enter a begin and end date for the line items that needed it.  Also it is possible to add a trigger where when the fields change (like prorate checked and there is a begin and end date) update the line item price and total.   Also, is it possible to add a save and cancel button to this custom page that would trigger on save to update the quote.

If this is possible, do I create a custom object that represents this and that object has a page layout?

Just learning and have alot of ideas on what I should do but not sure if they are all possible.

What is the best way to disallow conversion of a lead if the ID of the logged in user is not the owner of the lead?

As the subject says, I just want the owner to be able to do this.

I have complicated insert triggers because I have assignment rules based on recordtypes, and I have lots of workflow rules that are changing all the time, that I'd rather not interfere with, if possible.

Thanks in advance

We have two types of pricing - one being MSP / per-month pricing. For our MSP price book, we have entered all pricing as per one month. To calculate the total amount due, we created a field '#of Month Committed' which is then multiplied by (MSPPrice*Quantity) and reflected in a second field we created "Total Payment Due". However, for reporting measures, this is not reflected as the total price of the opprtunity as the SalesPrice is only taking the MSP Prince * Quantity and not taking into account the number of months.

Support tells me I need to create a way to calculate the sum of the values of the product amounts so that it is reflected on the opportunity level.

I'm not a developer.

Anyone..?

• April 18, 2012

Hi All,

How can we delete chatter messages present in a SF org?

Regards,

Naren

• April 13, 2012

I need to add some customization to the quote / quote line items.   We need the ability to be able to prorate some line items where each line item can have a different begin and end date.  So I was thinking about adding some custom fields (checkbox for prorate and two dates: begin and end date) to the quote line item and a custom button to the quote called "Adjust Line Items" and a trigger on the Quote.

So Is it possible to create a custom button on the Quote that would bring up a custom display that would show all the quote line item fields where the user could edit the necessary fields.   For example, the user could check prorate and enter a begin and end date for the line items that needed it.  Also it is possible to add a trigger where when the fields change (like prorate checked and there is a begin and end date) update the line item price and total.   Also, is it possible to add a save and cancel button to this custom page that would trigger on save to update the quote.

If this is possible, do I create a custom object that represents this and that object has a page layout?

Just learning and have alot of ideas on what I should do but not sure if they are all possible.

Scenario:  I have two tabs - Tab A and Chatter Tab.  I do something on Tab A, want to go to Chatter to discuss something, and come back to Tab A with everything looking where I had left it previously, instead of the tab being rendered fresh.  I was wondering if there is any way I can either a) pin a tab, or b) maintain session/cache the information in Tab A, such that when I come back from Chatter to Tab A, everything looks where I had left it.

Appreciate any assistance I can get on this.

Praveen. 

I know that you can't edit accounts & opportunities using Salesforce Sites but is there a way of using visualforce for public internet users to use that doesn't require a login but allows you to edit accounts and opps? Essentially partner portal without the login and just using visualforce.. is there any salesforce product that allows this?

• April 12, 2012

I have three custom objects: Employee, Day Off and Vacation Request. Vacation Request and Day Off are child objects of Employee. Vacation Request is records of vacation requests submitted by Employees and Day Off is the normal days that the Employee is off during the week. For instance, I work Monday through Friday, so my Day Off would be Saturday and Sunday. The Day Off days are recurring weekly on the same days. I am stuck on trying figure out how many Day Off days are there during a given Vacation Request. Please help. Thank you. 

Using the CloseDate + 60 formula, what is the Syntax for adding that the date must land on the nearest weekday? In other words, if 60 plus the close date results in a Sunday (Date), how do do I get the result to be Monday? 

Does anyone know how to create a formula field the adds 60 days to the close date. Seems straight forward but I keep receiving the error "Error: Formula result is data type (Date), incompatible with expected data type (Date/Time)." Help.