• Itron

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hello,
I have problem with third party unmanaged package(s) pkb_* - Public Knowledge Base. It contains errors in test classes: pkb_Test and pkb_mobile_Test - their unit tests fail. In both the cases (classes) problem seems to be with method:
populatePKB2Environment() and code:
String q = 'select ' +pkb_Controller.join(pkb_Controller.kavFields, ',')+ ' from KnowledgeArticleVersion where Id = \'' +kavObj.get('Id')+ '\' and PublishStatus = :publishStatus';
kavObj = (KnowledgeArticleVersion)Database.query(q);
The error message is "System.QueryException: List has no rows for assignment to SObject"
I tried to fix them but seems that they are non-writeable. Additionally the package lowers overall coverage to 58% so I'm not able to deploy any chnages e.g. to my. triggers which are correct and have coverage about 90%.
As far as I know Public Knowledge Base is in use and this time cannot be just uninstalled.
How can I make any changes to my triggers and test classes in such situation? (I tried Force.com eclipse plugin, developers console as well as incoming/outgoing packages method)
BTW, how was it possible to install the package if its unit tests failed?
Regards,
Michal

• September 09, 2013

We are just getting into using the Knowledge app and it looks impressive with what we are throwing at it. One thing we have used is the custom APEX for the Article contribution from an agent so when they close a Case. I am passing data from our custom fields for a new Article creation along with the Category that maps to a Product (or Product Line) of the Case. It's allowing me to default some data that the agent would essentially be "re-picking".  I hate reentering known recorded data.

How can I allow custom APEX to include the Channel "Public Knowledge Base"?  Right now it always includes "Internal App" which I'd like to keep but include the 2nd selection along with it.  The example code I started from for all this was in the Online Help under "Example Apex Customization for Submitting Articles from Cases". Good stuff but I want more...

Any ideas on this? 

Much thanks.

Chris

On Pg 21 of the Public Knowledge Base 2 App Guide (May 9, 2012 found here: http://appexchange.salesforce.com/servlet/servlet.FileDownload?file=00P3000000CxwjsEAB) it talks about how to create a "Custom Template Example". This will allow us to create a custom page based on an Article Type. I am just getting into Salesforce.com so my experiance with the platform is rated at "newbie". I need to understand how this customization is used by PKB2. Once I talor this sample code to my Article Type (named "Solution") and include a custom field for display ("Details__c") where do I need to edit PKB2 to ensure this customization is used? That's my troublespot today ;)

How do implment a custom page for a given Article Type within PKB2?

Thanks for any help! I think I just need a lead.

Hello, we are experiencing something very odd with our salesforce. Certain users using Chrome will have excessive white space in their page layout, while other users using Chrome or other browsers do not experience this issue. You can ignore the black boxes, the white space in the red box is the issue. Has anyone experienced this before and know of a fix? 

It also seems to happens after one of our VF fields, could be related

Thanks!

• November 14, 2013

How do i get the url to go to case detail, something like this below

https://cs10.salesforce.com/500J0000001c7qE

i need to however pass user and password

how do i do it?

thanks

• September 26, 2013

Hello,
I have problem with third party unmanaged package(s) pkb_* - Public Knowledge Base. It contains errors in test classes: pkb_Test and pkb_mobile_Test - their unit tests fail. In both the cases (classes) problem seems to be with method:
populatePKB2Environment() and code:
String q = 'select ' +pkb_Controller.join(pkb_Controller.kavFields, ',')+ ' from KnowledgeArticleVersion where Id = \'' +kavObj.get('Id')+ '\' and PublishStatus = :publishStatus';
kavObj = (KnowledgeArticleVersion)Database.query(q);
The error message is "System.QueryException: List has no rows for assignment to SObject"
I tried to fix them but seems that they are non-writeable. Additionally the package lowers overall coverage to 58% so I'm not able to deploy any chnages e.g. to my. triggers which are correct and have coverage about 90%.
As far as I know Public Knowledge Base is in use and this time cannot be just uninstalled.
How can I make any changes to my triggers and test classes in such situation? (I tried Force.com eclipse plugin, developers console as well as incoming/outgoing packages method)
BTW, how was it possible to install the package if its unit tests failed?
Regards,
Michal

• September 09, 2013

Hi,

Is there any way to import the bulk Data Categories in Knowledgse base through any tool?  Or the manual creating is the only Option

Thanks

• August 16, 2013

On Pg 21 of the Public Knowledge Base 2 App Guide (May 9, 2012 found here: http://appexchange.salesforce.com/servlet/servlet.FileDownload?file=00P3000000CxwjsEAB) it talks about how to create a "Custom Template Example". This will allow us to create a custom page based on an Article Type. I am just getting into Salesforce.com so my experiance with the platform is rated at "newbie". I need to understand how this customization is used by PKB2. Once I talor this sample code to my Article Type (named "Solution") and include a custom field for display ("Details__c") where do I need to edit PKB2 to ensure this customization is used? That's my troublespot today ;)

How do implment a custom page for a given Article Type within PKB2?

Thanks for any help! I think I just need a lead.

Trying to modify the text formatting in the Screens by overriding a default setting of the CSS class. As an experiment, just trying to set text color to red. Found the class name using Chrome's Developer Tools. (Also modified the buttons, successfully based on an example given on the message board here.)

Text doesn't change to red - what am I missing?

Thanks!

Ed

<apex:page >

<style type="text/css">
.bPageBlock .pbBottomButtons .pbButtonb .btn { 
  color: #808080;
  display: inline;
  float: left;
  font: bold 16px arial, sans-serif;
  height: 24px;
}
</style>

<p style="color: #808080; font-size: 175%; font-weight: bolder; margin-top: 0.3em; margin-bottom: 0.2em">
  DH Interface Designer
</p>

<style type="text/css">
.theflow {
  color: #ff0000;
}
</style>

<div id="theflow">
  <flow:interview name="GP3_FLOW_9_1_12" buttonLocation="bottom" />
</div>

</apex:page><apex:page >

<style type="text/css">
.bPageBlock .pbBottomButtons .pbButtonb .btn { 
  color: #808080;
  display: inline;
  float: left;
  font: bold 16px arial, sans-serif;
  height: 24px;
}
</style>

<p style="color: #808080; font-size: 175%; font-weight: bolder; margin-top: 0.3em; margin-bottom: 0.2em">
  DH Interface Designer
</p>

<style type="text/css">
.theflow {
  color: #ff0000;
}
</style>

<div id="theflow">
  <flow:interview name="GP3_FLOW_9_1_12" buttonLocation="bottom" />
</div>

</apex:page>

Is there a way to change the Finish button default on a VWF run from a custom button URL that's not referencing a VFP?  Basically I have a simple flow that starts with a button click from a detail page, which opens a new browser window and shows some data along with the standard VWF Finish button. 

What I'd like is for finish to close the window, not restart the workflow.

I figured out how to start it, but I am doing it from a button. How do i end it that way? It'd be nice if it didn't loop back around.

Hi,
We have written an S-control to ensure that Cases are not Closed until they have an Open task or event.
In that Process, We are trying to query the details of the Case ID,Task Status and Event  Date/Time, in a Single Nested Query.
The Query is getting executed , but the difficulty is that I am not able to get the Values of Task or Event. However I can access the Case ID.

Here is the Nested Query:

var result=sforce.connection.query("select id,(select id,ActivityDate,ActivityDateTime from events),(select id,Status from tasks) from case where id='{!Case.Id}' ");

Kindly let me know,like how to fetch the Individual values.

Gani

• July 16, 2008