• Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi,

I am trying to upsert account using the Bulk Api of DataLoader, I put a externalId field on account (ExternalId__c) but I have a problem with relationships: I can't upsert relationshipField to Null (using '#N/A').

Here is my CSV I'm trying to upsert:
  • Account 1 which is not part of a group hierarchy
  • Account 2, which belong to group 'g1'. Group g1 already exists in my Salesforce environment
name,external_id,parent
"Account 1","a1","#N/A"
"Account 2","a2","g1"
Here is my sdl file
name=Name
external_id=external_id__c
parent=Parent\:external_id__c
I'm using the bulk API, so the parent shoud be set for Account 2 and null for Account 1. But there is an error on account 1: 
"Id","Success","Created","Error"
"","false","false","MISSING_ARGUMENT:external_id__c not specified:--"

When I use the standard Api, everything works fine, the parentId is set to null, but the #N/A fields doesn't seem to work on lookup fields for bulk API

I've looked around and read this discussion:
https://developer.salesforce.com/forums?id=906F00000008mkMIAQ
DennisThong says that to put null values one must write the SDL this way:
name=Name
parent=ParentId
The problem with this solution is that when parent is populated, the external Id lookup wouldn't work (and Account 2 would'nt be upserted)

I also try this solution (Adding column parent2 to my csv):
name=Name
parent=ParentId
parent2=Parent\:external_id__c
But then, Salesforce answers that :
"","false","false","INVALID_FIELD:Cannot specify both an external ID reference Parent and a salesforce id, ParentId:--"
Does someone already had the same problem and solved it?

Thanks

Hi,

I am trying to upsert account using the Bulk Api of DataLoader, I put a externalId field on account (ExternalId__c) but I have a problem with relationships: I can't upsert relationshipField to Null (using '#N/A').

Here is my CSV I'm trying to upsert:
  • Account 1 which is not part of a group hierarchy
  • Account 2, which belong to group 'g1'. Group g1 already exists in my Salesforce environment
name,external_id,parent
"Account 1","a1","#N/A"
"Account 2","a2","g1"
Here is my sdl file
name=Name
parent=Parent\:external_id__c
I'm using the bulk API, so the parent shoud be set for Account 2 and null for Account 1. But there is an error on account 1: 
"","false","false","MISSING_ARGUMENT:external_id__c not specified:--"

When I use the standard Api, everything works fine, the parentId is set to null, but the #N/A fields doesn't seem to work on lookup fields for bulk API

I've looked around and read this discussion:
https://developer.salesforce.com/forums?id=906F00000008mkMIAQ
DennisThong says that to put null values one must write the SDL this way:
name=Name
parent=ParentId
The problem with this solution is that when parent is populated, the external Id lookup wouldn't work (and Account 2 would'nt be upserted)

I also try this solution (Adding column parent2 to my csv):
name=Name
parent=ParentId
parent2=Parent\:external_id__c
But then, Salesforce answers that :
"","false","false","INVALID_FIELD:Cannot specify both an external ID reference Parent and a salesforce id, ParentId:--"
Does someone already had the same problem and solved it?

Thanks

Hi,

I have been trying to download the Force.com IDE on my computer without any success.

The download never gets completed. It keeps disconnecting at various intervals of the download process. 

I am downloading it from the follwoing link

http://wiki.developerforce.com/page/Force.com_IDE_Installation

I am trying to download the Standalone application for Windows 64 Bit edition. Please provide a different link to download.

Thanks

KD

• March 13, 2012

Hi,

I have a VF page; which I am rendering as a PDF. In the page; I have a table which displays "QuoteLineItems".

I want that the table header should be repeated if the contents of "Table" goes over a page.

After doing research I found out that there is a css property which can be used to achieve this. But when I try to implement the solution it is not working. I have used following code(just a part of HTML)

Css that I have used -

<style>

thead { display: table-header-group;}

</style>

VF Page Code - 

<table border="0" width="100%" id="table4">
        <thead>
            <tr>
               <th bgcolor="#C0C0C0"><font face="Arial">{!$Label.quotePosition}</font></th>
               <th bgcolor="#C0C0C0"><font face="Arial">{!$Label.quoteDescription}</font></th>
               <!--<td bgcolor="#C0C0C0"><font face="Arial">Image</font></td>-->
               <th bgcolor="#C0C0C0"><font face="Arial">{!$Label.quoteQuantity}</font></th>
               <th bgcolor="#C0C0C0"><font face="Arial">{!$Label.quoteTotalPerPosition}</font></th>
            </tr>
        </thead>
        <tr>
            <apex:repeat value="{!lstQuoteLineItems}" var="quoteLineItemObj"> 
                <tr>
                     <td style="vertical-align:top">{!quoteLineItemObj.Position__c}</td>
                     <td style="vertical-align:top">{!quoteLineItemObj.Description}<br/>
                         <apex:outputField value="{!quoteLineItemObj.Product_Detail__c}"/> 
                     </td>            
                     <td style="vertical-align:top"><apex:outputText value="               {!quoteLineItemObj.Quantity}" /></td>
                     <td style="vertical-align:top"><apex:OutputField value=" {!quoteLineItemObj.Total_Per_Position__c}"/></td>
                 </tr>
                 <tr><td><br/></td></tr>
           </apex:repeat>
       </tr></table>

Does anybody implemented this sought of functionality; if yes, could you please share your thought or tell me what I am doing wrong here!!

Thanks in advance!!