• 0 Points
  • Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hey guys - I am having an issue and I just cannot figure it out. My trigger is made to create a new case and set certain fields of the new Case object. I am able to set all these fields, except for one, the Account field.

The Account field is a lookup field and for some reason, I am unable to set it. I have provided my code below. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

trigger ProgDetailTriggerCase on BLND_DFDT_Project__c (after insert) {

AssignmentRule aRule = new AssignmentRule();
    aRule = [SELECT id FROM AssignmentRule WHERE SobjectType = 'Case' AND Active = true limit 1];

Database.DMLOptions dmlOpts = new Database.DMLOptions();
    dmlOpts.assignmentRuleHeader.assignmentRuleId = aRule.id;

Id rtID = [select Id, name from RecordType where name = 'Implementation' and SObjectType = 'Case' limit 1].Id;

Set<Id> accId = new Set<Id>();

for (BLND_DFDT_Project__c pdt : Trigger.new){
            accId.add(pdt.BLND_Account_Link__c);
    }

Map<Id, Account> accMaps = new Map<Id, Account>([SELECT Id, parentid FROM Account WHERE Id IN :accID]);

Case newpdCase = new Case(
            Account = accMaps.get(pdt.BLND_Account_Link__c).parentid,
            Subject = 'New Program Detail Created',
            Priority = 'Medium',
            Status = 'New',
            Reason = 'Implementation',
            Description = 'Testing the trigger',
            RecordTypeId = rtID,
            Program_Detail__c = pdt.Id,
            Opportunity__c = pdt.BLND_Opportunity_Link__c
            ); 

newpdCase.setOptions(dmlOpts);
            insert newpdcase;

system.debug(newpdCase.Account);
    }
}

Hey guys, I am relatively new to writing triggers in SaleForce and so I am hitting a brick wall that I cannot seem to climb over. I've look on the net for the answer, but cannot seem to find it. 

I need to create a case after and insert is done from another object. I have no issue here; it works. Thep roblem I am having is pulling a Lookup value from the object. I'm not sure how to do this and I'm having trouble figuring it out.

Here is my trigger:

trigger MyTrigger on MyObject (after insert) {
    private String Acc;
    private String Opp;
    private String pd;

aRule = [SELECT id FROM AssignmentRule WHERE SobjectType = 'Case' AND Active = true limit 1];

Id rtID = [select Id, name from RecordType where name = 'Implementation' and SObjectType = 'Case' limit 1].Id;

Subject = 'New Test Case Created',
        Priority = 'Medium',
        Status = 'New',
        RecordTypeId = rtID
        );

insert newpdcase;

}

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Wes

I’m having an issue with inserting a date into a custom Date field. We are parsing through a file and extracting information. One of the pieces of information that is being extracted is a date value in the following format – mm-dd-yy.

I am currently setting this as a Date – Date dt = date.newinstance(y,m,d). But when I run this program to insert these values to a custom Date field, the program fails and I get the following error message - Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: FIELD_INTEGRITY_EXCEPTION, mailing_date: invalid date

I used the Dev. Console to run this block of code to see what the date format is being set as:

Date dts = date.newinstance(12,4,24);

system.debug(dts);

The result is - 09:32:17:212 USER_DEBUG [2]|DEBUG|0012-04-24 00:00:00

My assumption was that since I am making this a Date and not a DateTime, that the time stamp would not be included. Also, the year is showing as 0012, rather then just “12” or “2012”. I thought that the Date type has a "format" method, but apparently it doesn't, only DateTime does.

I cannot figure out what I am doing wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you once again,

Wes Cooper

Hello, I am very new to SF and Apex code (Not new to OOP, though). I have been searching all over the net for a solution to my problem, but I cannot seem to find one. 

We have setup an email service to receive emails and these emails have 1 tab delimited text file attachment. The content of these text files need to be read and uploaded to a DB Object we created. 

Does anyone have a link on how to read through an attached text file? If I get that working, then I should be able to do the rest.

Thank you,

Wes Cooper

Hey guys - I am having an issue and I just cannot figure it out. My trigger is made to create a new case and set certain fields of the new Case object. I am able to set all these fields, except for one, the Account field.

The Account field is a lookup field and for some reason, I am unable to set it. I have provided my code below. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

trigger ProgDetailTriggerCase on BLND_DFDT_Project__c (after insert) {

Set<Id> accId = new Set<Id>();

accId.add(pdt.BLND_Account_Link__c);
    }

Map<Id, Account> accMaps = new Map<Id, Account>([SELECT Id, parentid FROM Account WHERE Id IN :accID]);

Account = accMaps.get(pdt.BLND_Account_Link__c).parentid,
            Subject = 'New Program Detail Created',
            Priority = 'Medium',
            Status = 'New',
            RecordTypeId = rtID,
            Program_Detail__c = pdt.Id,
            Opportunity__c = pdt.BLND_Opportunity_Link__c
            ); 

insert newpdcase;

system.debug(newpdCase.Account);
    }
}

Hey guys, I am relatively new to writing triggers in SaleForce and so I am hitting a brick wall that I cannot seem to climb over. I've look on the net for the answer, but cannot seem to find it. 

I need to create a case after and insert is done from another object. I have no issue here; it works. Thep roblem I am having is pulling a Lookup value from the object. I'm not sure how to do this and I'm having trouble figuring it out.

Here is my trigger:

trigger MyTrigger on MyObject (after insert) {
    private String Acc;
    private String Opp;
    private String pd;

Subject = 'New Test Case Created',
        Priority = 'Medium',
        Status = 'New',
        RecordTypeId = rtID
        );

insert newpdcase;

}

Thank you,

Wes

Hello, I am very new to SF and Apex code (Not new to OOP, though). I have been searching all over the net for a solution to my problem, but I cannot seem to find one. 

We have setup an email service to receive emails and these emails have 1 tab delimited text file attachment. The content of these text files need to be read and uploaded to a DB Object we created. 

Does anyone have a link on how to read through an attached text file? If I get that working, then I should be able to do the rest.

Thank you,

Wes Cooper