Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

I'm getting datetime data back in my objects in the following format:

2012-04-24T10:39:00.000+0000

This is not quite the same as what is specified in the api spec at http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/api/Content/sforce_api_calls_soql_select_dateformats.htm - which specifies a colon in the timezone offset.

My perl ISO 8601 parser doesn't accept this, and I've been advised that the although the ISO standard supports the use of colons in time separators, and supports missing them out, it doesn't support mixing the two in the same timestamp.

specifically: "Referring to ISO 8601:2004.  Clauses 2.3.3 and 2.3.4, defining "basic format" and "extended format", apply the concept to an entire date-and-time representation, rather than to segments of it, and doesn't mention any possibility of mixing the formats.  Clasue 4.2.5.2, defining how to represent local time together with UT offset, separately shows

basic and extended formats where separator usage matches, and doesn't give any explicit permission to mismatch them.  Clause 4.3, on combining date with time of day, behaves similarly."

Is this a small bug in the formatting? Currently I'm looking at having to write my own parser to work around this.

Regards

Carl