• Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

I am doing a RESTful call out (Mime infact, POST). My schedule job will periodically send files/attachments to the client's (.NET) server. I am able to send any plain text data to them correctly but when I send an base64Encoded attachement using EncodingUtil.base64Encode(). Their application is not able to decode it, it says the image/document is corrupted. 

I also noted that for an image of 103kb, the base64 encoded string is just 73kb. Base64 is suppose to be larger than the original size correct? So, am I missing something here?

Another thing I noticed is that the documentation for EncodingUtil.base64Encode() says it Converts a Blob to an unencoded String representing its normal form. (check here for documentation). What does it mean 'unencoded'. Is that the issue? how to resolve this then?

• July 12, 2012

So, We have a secure call out happening with the client's server. Following that they have seperate webservice that will talk back to SF to fetch the data (to overcome 3MB governer limit). Basically I want to generate the session ID and give it to them (in this secure channel) so that they dont need to do do authentication again.

Ref: http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/api_rest/Content/quickstart_oauth.htm

Possible? How to do this?

• July 10, 2012

1. Is there a way to check how many more emails that can be sent at a give time? Or Total number of emails sent today? I am looking for a way to prevent from error being thrown so that I can send an email to a specific email address (admin) that today's email limit has been reached.

2. How to capture if the email is sent to an invalid (non existing) email address?

Thanks in advance,

Hiren

• April 27, 2012

Hi,

I am doing a RESTful call out (Mime infact, POST). My schedule job will periodically send files/attachments to the client's (.NET) server. I am able to send any plain text data to them correctly but when I send an base64Encoded attachement using EncodingUtil.base64Encode(). Their application is not able to decode it, it says the image/document is corrupted. 

I also noted that for an image of 103kb, the base64 encoded string is just 73kb. Base64 is suppose to be larger than the original size correct? So, am I missing something here?

Another thing I noticed is that the documentation for EncodingUtil.base64Encode() says it Converts a Blob to an unencoded String representing its normal form. (check here for documentation). What does it mean 'unencoded'. Is that the issue? how to resolve this then?

• July 12, 2012

So, We have a secure call out happening with the client's server. Following that they have seperate webservice that will talk back to SF to fetch the data (to overcome 3MB governer limit). Basically I want to generate the session ID and give it to them (in this secure channel) so that they dont need to do do authentication again.

Ref: http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/api_rest/Content/quickstart_oauth.htm

Possible? How to do this?

• July 10, 2012

1. Is there a way to check how many more emails that can be sent at a give time? Or Total number of emails sent today? I am looking for a way to prevent from error being thrown so that I can send an email to a specific email address (admin) that today's email limit has been reached.

2. How to capture if the email is sent to an invalid (non existing) email address?

Thanks in advance,

Hiren

• April 27, 2012

Hi I have a question which I'm not 100% is possible in Salesforce but will welcome any suggestions / ideas. I have an APEX class which creates multiple licence keys and has dual functionality, it will either allow the user to email them as part of an email body or create the licenses as a txt file attachment to an outbound email. Now the issue is the text file needs to be enclosed within a zip file due to different mail clients unable to process the .lic extension. Is there any mechanism which will let me wrap a txt file into a zip file as part of an attachment ? Been wracking my brain for ages on this. Any assistance would be welcome even if its not possible.

• October 01, 2010

There are a couple things I need to understand about this limit, and I can't find the answers anywere.

1. Do workflow Outbound Messages count against the daily mass email limit, or does it only apply to messages sent to leads/contacts?

2. What happens to emails sent after the initial 500? Are they dropped or queued until the next day?

• May 19, 2008