• 0 Points
  • Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
So far I have been able of adding other types of Case custom fields - like text fields - to the page layout in Self-Service Portal. But when I try to add a self-relationship lookup to the layout, it is not available?

I haven't found any documentation regarding this. How can this be enabled?

Also, other requirement we need to meet is customizing which columns appear when listing the Cases in the SSP. So we could show other fields like Status to our customers. Is this possible in SSP?

Should we consider moving to Communities?

I have Person Accounts enabled in my DE and obviously I can't package any component that refers to it.

So I was wondering if I build all references through dynamic SOQL, package it (without explicit PA references) and then on Trialforce Source Organization enable Person Accounts and thus every new customer will carry PA enabled automatically?

I'm developing an app with OEM license. I wonder what happens when customer reaches OEM data storage limits? How much does it cost to increase the data and file storage?

Hi guys, two main concerns here:

1. I need a Flow to be able to loop over a Create record step for N times. How could I achieve this?
  2. In the packaging guide in the Available components, the Flow isn't listed but later in the same document, in the Editing Components and Attributes After Installation section it is listed. So wha'ts the correct info?

I have Account object, Policy custom object and Receipt custom object. The relationships between these are:

Account 1:N Policy

Policy 1:N Receipt

I have a formula field called 'Account' on Receipt which displays the Name field of the Account related to the Policy in question. Somehow the following formula field:

MyApp__Policy__r.MyApp__.Name

is only working for regular Accounts not Personal Accounts.

I could edit the formula to something like:

IF(MyApp__Policy__r.MyApp__Account__r.IsPersonAccount, 
 MyApp__Policy__r.MyApp__Account__r.LastName & ' ' &  MyApp__Policy__r.MyApp__Account__r.FirstName, 
MyApp__Policy__r.MyApp__Account__r.Name)

But it seems to be a lame solution. Anybody knows the reason why this formula doesn't work for Personal Accounts?

• So I have parent sObject insurance Policy and detail sObject Receipt.
  • A policy status is dependant on the current Receipt status. (i.e. current receipt status = expired then policy status = expired, or current receipt status = paid then policy status = paid)
  • Receipt has a formula field IsCurrent which calculates YES or NO if today is between the receipt start and end date. So one of the N Policy receipts will be the current one.
  • The first approach was with a lookup field to the Receipt in Policy; and then update this Policy field from a trigger on Receipt when it was inserted or updated. This worked but doesn't consider the fact of time passing by, and there will be a time when the current Receipt is not current anymore.
  • Second approach was with a formula field on Policy, so that it calculates which Receipt was the current one. But no SOQL on Formulas is allowed.
  • Third approach was with a Workflow on Receipt and a Time-dependant trigger fired on 0 Hours After Receipt.StartDate. But this doesn't allow me to update the Policy field.

Can somebody help me find out an effective way to accomplish this?

I'd like to have a custom button in Account so when the user clicks it, it can create many new records from a custom object (Invoice) and this new records have to have some fields automatically filled up with data calculated from the account object cutom fields.

Account object custom fields:

StartDate

TotalAmount

Invoice custom object custom fields

InvoiceStarDate

InvoiceAmount

The scenario is the following, a user click on the custom button and the javascript creates 4 Invoices records with the InvoiceStartDate calculated based on the Account.StartDate and the InvoiceAmount calculated from the division of the Account.TotalAmount/4

Example

------------

Account.StarDate = 01/01/2012

Account.TotalAmount=12,000

Click on "Create invoices" custom button and the code creates the following:

Invoice.name = 1

Invoice.StartDate = 01/01/2012

Invoice.Amount=3,000

Invoice.name = 2

Invoice.StartDate = 04/01/2012

Invoice.Amount=3,000

Invoice.name = 3

Invoice.StartDate = 07/01/2012

Invoice.Amount=3,000

Invoice.name = 4

Invoice.StartDate = 10/01/2012

Invoice.Amount=3,000

Finally, if it's not too much to ask for, it would be a really nice touch to know how to auto refresh the account page so the invoices related list could get populated. :-)

Shoud I use an apex class for the calculations? How do I do this?

As I understand, Salesforce limits to cascade multileve master detail relationships up to 3 levels.

Is there a way to override this?

Will this limit will be disabled in the near future?

I really need the new reparenting Master-Detail relationship feature.

Exactly which date is this going to be available?

How do we upgrade to the Summer 12 release?

If I deploy objects with M-D now... will I be able to reparent Details records once the Summer 12 is available?

I'm trying to use the Contact object in 3 different ways:

1) as a regular contact

2) as an economical dependant from another contact (lookup rel field "DependantOn" on contact)

I desgined an extra layout DependantLayout with record types DependantRT for contact.

I wonder how do I create a Reg Contact and in the related list "Economical dependants" click on new button and it should take me to DependantLayout but its not doing that, instead it takes me to the Reg Contact layout.

Also when going to Contacts tab and clicking on New the system skips the field for me to chosing which type of contact (regular or Dependant) why is that?

Thank you

Issue 1. Account object its enabled to have 2 address fields. What if I need another one?

Issue 2. Standard Address fields are great but what about typo errors when inserting a city name? Example Dallas and Dalas. It seems that the platform lets you insert this errors and I still haven't found a way to avoid this. This error gets priority 1 when you are asked to get reports by city.

Issue 3. I haven't found an actual way to validate that a city belongs to a state, in order to prevent a user to insert something like Chicago, TX

In order to avoid mispelling city names and limiting the user to select a real city from a real state I thought about 2 possible solutions:

Solution 1: make custom fields address, city, state. Cascading the content on city field depending on state field, and combining the three fields into one just like Address data type. (HAVEN'T FOUND A WAY TO ACTUALLY DO THIS)

Solution 2: make 3 custom objects Address, City, State with relationships like this:

Account 1:N Address 

Address N:1 City (lookup relationship)

City N:1 State (lookup relationship)

Once I desgined the 3 custom objects I realized these obstacles:

A) I can't get to make the City field dependant on the State field, since this is not allowed on lookup fields.

B) I can't get the Address object into the Account layout as a related list in order the user can click on New button inside the Accounts page and create a new Address.

Any suggestions?

So far I have been able of adding other types of Case custom fields - like text fields - to the page layout in Self-Service Portal. But when I try to add a self-relationship lookup to the layout, it is not available?

Also, other requirement we need to meet is customizing which columns appear when listing the Cases in the SSP. So we could show other fields like Status to our customers. Is this possible in SSP?

I have Person Accounts enabled in my DE and obviously I can't package any component that refers to it.

So I was wondering if I build all references through dynamic SOQL, package it (without explicit PA references) and then on Trialforce Source Organization enable Person Accounts and thus every new customer will carry PA enabled automatically?

I would like to connect to an external webservice. Does anyone know how to begin? I tried to make a connection in APEX class, generate from wsdl. This message appears: Failed to parse wsdl: Unsupported WSDL style 'rpc'. Only supports Document/literal/wrapped services. 104:79. I know that this webservice is encoded, not literal. Looking forward for your reply.

I'm developing an app with OEM license. I wonder what happens when customer reaches OEM data storage limits? How much does it cost to increase the data and file storage?

Hi guys, two main concerns here:

1. I need a Flow to be able to loop over a Create record step for N times. How could I achieve this?
  2. In the packaging guide in the Available components, the Flow isn't listed but later in the same document, in the Editing Components and Attributes After Installation section it is listed. So wha'ts the correct info?

I have Account object, Policy custom object and Receipt custom object. The relationships between these are:

Account 1:N Policy

Policy 1:N Receipt

I have a formula field called 'Account' on Receipt which displays the Name field of the Account related to the Policy in question. Somehow the following formula field:

MyApp__Policy__r.MyApp__.Name

is only working for regular Accounts not Personal Accounts.

I could edit the formula to something like:

IF(MyApp__Policy__r.MyApp__Account__r.IsPersonAccount, 
 MyApp__Policy__r.MyApp__Account__r.LastName & ' ' &  MyApp__Policy__r.MyApp__Account__r.FirstName, 
MyApp__Policy__r.MyApp__Account__r.Name)

But it seems to be a lame solution. Anybody knows the reason why this formula doesn't work for Personal Accounts?

Hi

We would like to develop a standalone app and sell it to non-salesforce.com customers. We plan to use Force.com platform and OEM embedded licences. Our app is intended for professionals so most of our users will buy only 1 license ( and will be using own separate ORG).

Issue: Access to many unavailable features may cause low user adoption.

OEM licence gives access only to Accounts, Contacts and custom objects. First user in every org must have a system admin profile which cannot be customized. It means that each customer will get a System Admin profile and access (in most cases - read only) to all CRM features in setup.

Setup section cannot be customized or overwritten by VF.

As user adoption is one of the most important factors having impact on customer's success, we are afraid that our customers will be confused and frustrated of having multiple features that are unaccessible for them. Have any of you faced similar problem? How did you manage to solve it?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Hi

I am new in salesforce and developed my first app, I have three custom profiles cloned from standard user but when I install the app and I want to assign a custom profile to a user these profiles do not appear neither in drop down list nor in profiles list.

I included them in the package and i don´t know what I'm doing wrong.

Any help will be app appreciated.

We use Person Accounts 

A new custom object which is a child of opportunity exists (Receipts) 

Within Receipts I have defined a new formula field to return Account Name (using opportunity__r.Account.Name)

This works when the account is a business account. For a person account no value is returned.

Can anyone cast light on this please ?

Anthony  

Hi,

I am develping custom App. For that app, i am creating few custom profiles.

I am going to create Managed Package of the app and going to upload it on AppExchange.

Is it possible to package custom profiles, while creating a Managed Package?

Thanks and Regards,
Devendra S

Hi everybody,

I have a master-detail relationship between 2 custom objects (Call_Plan_Line__c and Call_Plan_Line_Result__c). In the header of my page, I display datas from the master object, and particulary the name of the DC Center of the store, which is a lookup field to Account. This field is blank, although I know there is something in it (the Id of the account, I suppose).

Here is my code :

<apex:outputfield value="{!Call_Plan_Line__c.Delivery_DC__c}"/>

Here is the result :

I have tried this too :

<apex:outputfield value="{!Call_Plan_Line__c.Delivery_DC__r.Name}"/>

Here is the result :

Any help will be welcome !

• January 14, 2011

As an ISV, say you introduce references to Person Account fields in your Apex code in a managed package.

Does this imply that any customer wishing to install your package needs to enable Person Accounts??  If so, what are the best practices or workarounds for this?  Obviously we cannot assume that all potential customers will want to enable Person Accounts in their orgs...

Thanks.

Dave

• June 17, 2010

Is there any way to support person accounts in a managed package without making Person Account features a pre-requisite for installing the package?

I'd like to provide the option to create person-account instead of contacts in an Apex class that auto creates contacts after a certain event for those users  who have person-accounts enabled.   However, I don't want to have to require package users to install person-accounts.

Thanks,

Hi,

I want to add customers Profiles in my package. But in the "Add to package View" they are not available. Some of Customer Profiles are available, but not the Profil Setting I want to add to the package.

Do you have an Idea why?

Thx

Magda

• March 17, 2008
We have created some custom profiles and they were included in a package. However, the custom profiles did not upload. The custom profiles were assigned to both custom objects and standard objects.

What must I do to ensure the custom profiles get uploaded?

James Wikkerink
Municipal Software
I have an idea for a knock-out application that would be great as an AppExchange application.

I've seen that the OEM edition includes 5 tabs and 50 custom objects.  What about...

(1)  Reports tab -- I really don't want to have to code my own reports component
(2)  Dashboards would be nice
(3)  If either or both of those are available, do they count against your 5 tab limit?

Thanks!