• Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi!

I posted this in the security section as well but posting here just in case.

I have a use case at work where we capture certain credentials from the customer to allow internal operations to log into the customer account on their behalf. However, since we are dealing with credentials security and audit tracking is needed. 

Solutions proposed are:

1) Use permission sets to hide/unhide the credentials fields based on page layouts, or

2) Use a custom button to 'unmask' the credential fields

In either scenario, we need to track the person who is clicking the button/taking action to 'unmask' the password field. How do I go about tracking such activity? I was thinking of having a text area field and updating that with user logged in. 

Also, if you have any other solution recommendations, I would welcome those as well. 

Thanks

Praful

Hi!

I have a use case at work where we capture certain credentials from the customer to allow internal operations to log into the customer account on their behalf. However, since we are dealing with credentials security and audit tracking is needed. 

Solutions proposed are:

1) Use permission sets to hide/unhide the credentials fields based on page layouts, or

2) Use a custom button to 'unmask' the credential fields

In either scenario, we need to track the person who is clicking the button/taking action to 'unmask' the password field. How do I go about tracking such activity? I was thinking of having a text area field and updating that with user logged in. 

Also, if you have any other solution recommendations, I would welcome those as well. 

Thanks

Praful

Hi,

I am trying to export Salesforce Content libraries and came across the File Exporter project. However, when I tried to install the script and the data loader on a windows 7 box, it keeps complaining about "path not found". I tried setting the location of the data loader install as well as different path options including a default C:/ option but it still complains.

Any suggestions/ideas? Should I stick to a Windows XP machine instead?

Here is a link to the application:

FileExporter

Thanks.
Praful

I have a flow where I have multiple drop downs which need to be populated with dynamic data. I have created a cusom object with all these data values stored into custom pick lists. However, when I try to assign the custom picklist value, the flow doesn't pull the data. 

Is it possible to use picklist values from a SFDC object to populate a dropdown on a flow and use the same for all drop downs on a flow? Or do I need to create seperate custom objects for each of the dynamic drop downs in a flow?

Thanks

On a particular case, I need to provide the users the abilty to pick a date value and a specific time value in the Flow. How do I go about doing this? I notice that the only element available to me to use is a Date type. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

I have a flow where I have multiple drop downs which need to be populated with dynamic data. I have created a cusom object with all these data values stored into custom pick lists. However, when I try to assign the custom picklist value, the flow doesn't pull the data. 

Is it possible to use picklist values from a SFDC object to populate a dropdown on a flow and use the same for all drop downs on a flow? Or do I need to create seperate custom objects for each of the dynamic drop downs in a flow?

Thanks

On a particular case, I need to provide the users the abilty to pick a date value and a specific time value in the Flow. How do I go about doing this? I notice that the only element available to me to use is a Date type. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks