• 0 Points
  • Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

My Question: How can I associate a new Action Plan to a pre-existing Action Plan Template so I can share the same multi-step process when working with multiple objects?

Context: In our sandbox we created an Action Plan Template. In the same sandbox we have a Grant Project object to which we’ve attached Action Plans which appears at the bottom of the Grant Project screen. From the Action Plans portion of the Grant Project form we can click the button named “New Action Plan” to create a new action plan member to the Grant Project (the Action Plan Creation). The user is taken to the Action Plan screen and thereby able to create a New Action Plan.

Expected functionality: I would like to select the Action Plan Template I created separately as the starting place for all the tasks I want to trigger in my Action Plan process.

Actual functionality: I am forced to type a new name for “Action Plan Name” field, and have no ability to pre-populate this action plan with an existing Action Plan Template. I can’t get to the Action Plan Templates with this form; instead, I am required to hand-type all the steps, because it isn’t cloning or in any way associating this new action plan with the pre-existing Action Plan Template.

Thanks in advance for your expertise,

-Rebecca

My Question: How can I associate a new Action Plan to a pre-existing Action Plan Template so I can share the same multi-step process when working with multiple objects?

Context: In our sandbox we created an Action Plan Template. In the same sandbox we have a Grant Project object to which we’ve attached Action Plans which appears at the bottom of the Grant Project screen. From the Action Plans portion of the Grant Project form we can click the button named “New Action Plan” to create a new action plan member to the Grant Project (the Action Plan Creation). The user is taken to the Action Plan screen and thereby able to create a New Action Plan.

Expected functionality: I would like to select the Action Plan Template I created separately as the starting place for all the tasks I want to trigger in my Action Plan process.

Actual functionality: I am forced to type a new name for “Action Plan Name” field, and have no ability to pre-populate this action plan with an existing Action Plan Template. I can’t get to the Action Plan Templates with this form; instead, I am required to hand-type all the steps, because it isn’t cloning or in any way associating this new action plan with the pre-existing Action Plan Template.

Thanks in advance for your expertise,

-Rebecca