• 0 Points
  • Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I am trying to populate a rich text area field with an incoming email body(Using Email Services - Apex Email Handler).

The incoming email body can be of any size, but as the field can hold only 32768 characters, i am performing a truncation of the email body to lesser than 32768 chars and then populating it onto the field.

In this process i came across a few scenarios wherein in for one case the email body was around 56000 chars, it got truncated fine and the field update was successful. In another case the email body was 36000 chars, it got truncated fine but at the time of field update i am getting the String Too Long error.

Its quiet annoying as i am getting the error in some cases.

Background : The email body contains tables,special characters etc.

Can it be an encoding issue?

• October 19, 2012

Hi All,

I have custom Submit For Approval, Approve and Reject Buttons on the record detail page.

I have created a Approval Process .I want to call this Approval Process to execute upon clicking custom 'Submit for Approval' Button.This I am able to acheive by following code.

Approval.ProcessSubmitRequest req1 = new Approval.ProcessSubmitRequest();
req1.setObjectId(recordid);

Now when user clicks on  custom 'Approve' button the approval request record created above should be approved.

If Can anyone share a sample of code to acheive this it will be helpful.

Thanks,

Srilakshmi B

I am trying to pass a string representing a data category to a controller and then filter my SOQL query for knowledge based on that.

Ideally I would like to do something like:

public String release { get; set; }

public List<FAQ__kav> getFAQsForRelease()
    {
        List<FAQ__kav> faqlist = [select id, Title, Answer__c from FAQ__kav WHERE PublishStatus = 'Online' WITH DATA CATEGORY Releases__c ABOVE release];  
        return faqlist;
    }

but I can't figure out if there is any possible way to convert the string object 'release' into an datacategory type. Maybe a helper function or something?

I realize a big block of if / else if statements would do the trick, but I am hoping there is a cleaner solution. Thanks in advance.

• April 20, 2010

Hi,

I have an issue on adding users to Account team (Related List) with Access on Account,Contact and Opportunity.

I have "Customize Application" Permission enabled on my profile, which lets me now to add users to Account Team.

The issue is, now i want to control the access of that user on accounts,contact and opportunities.

What i can see is a lookup to user and a "Team Role".

I am unable to see "Account access", "Contact Access" and "Opportunity Access".

Am i missing anything?

Any idea or help is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Sales4ce