• Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi guys,

there is any way to promote a standard field to mandatory ??

Thanks

HI,

I would like to find out how I could make a flow end at a custom location, more specifically make it end at the place where it was started/clicked, which is a VF page within a button on a record detail page.

Here is the VF page that I've created, I only need it to end at the Contact Id page where it was clicked (the flow already has a variable with the Contact Id called ContactID.

All help is much appreciatted!

<apex:page standardController="Account" tabStyle="Account">

<flow:interview name="Flow_Testing" finishLocation="{!URLFOR('/003/o')}">
        <apex:param name="AccountID" value="{!account.Id}"/>
        <apex:param name="UserID" value="{!$User.Id}"/>
    </flow:interview>

</apex:page>

so i have some code that i just wanted to edit in my sandbox and deploy "quickly" to prod using a change set. how wrong was i to assume that it would deploy within 30 minutes at most! It can take up to hours of waiting for salesforce to deploy my code which is ridiculous.

my question to the board  : is there any way for me to deploy code fast without using the force.com IDE?

my question to salesforce: when will you actually set some realistic execution time on change set delivery to production sites? In an emergency when the only tool i have is my browser, i need the system to be reliable enough to allow me to fix some code in a sandbox and push to production within minutes, not HOURS.

I tried installing the force.com ide standalone installer but its just a waste of time and does not work properly. I have spent more than half a day trying to get this right and i have had to abandon this as its just not productive. I have hit 3 different errors from installation to trying to get a project up and editing its contents or syncing to the server.

here are the 3 errors encountered. Currently only 1 remains that i just dont have the courage to fix now.

1. java.lang.runtimeexception: application "" could not be found in the registry force

this error happened after installing force.com ide. I found that i needed to change the config file to get it working

2. com.salesforce.ide.aip.metadata.types.Metadata$JaxbAccessorF_fullName cannot be cast to com.sun.xml.Internal.bind.v2.runtime.reflect.Accessor

this happened after i upgraded the force.com ide i think and i had to add -clean to another .ini file so the force.com ide could boot properly to the workspace

3. same error as 2 but now i am trying to add/remove components to a project i have created but that does not work. Trying to look at existing project components also throws an error.

All i want to do is try using the force.com ide to follow the developer training course but i think i would be just better off doing the inline apex editing and hope to save before hitting Backspace accidentally on the browser page and loosing all edited code after the last Quick Save.

Does anyone know a 100% sure way of getting force.com ide to work without having to troubleshoot this stuff every 10 minutes?

Thanks\

A

Hi guys,

there is any way to promote a standard field to mandatory ??

Thanks

Hi all,

I was recently given the task of improving our survey capture process.  We're currently using GoToAssist for our support team, but unfortunately, we were not using any integration with SF and this data has not regularly been uploaded into Salesforce.  If I do a mass upload, will the original survey dates "follow" the data or will the upload date win out on the Survey Created Date?

Thanks!

Jessica T

Is it possible to get case source details just like leads.

We are only working with cases.

Our costumers are comming into our system trough web to case.

I tried installing the force.com ide standalone installer but its just a waste of time and does not work properly. I have spent more than half a day trying to get this right and i have had to abandon this as its just not productive. I have hit 3 different errors from installation to trying to get a project up and editing its contents or syncing to the server.

here are the 3 errors encountered. Currently only 1 remains that i just dont have the courage to fix now.

1. java.lang.runtimeexception: application "" could not be found in the registry force

this error happened after installing force.com ide. I found that i needed to change the config file to get it working

2. com.salesforce.ide.aip.metadata.types.Metadata$JaxbAccessorF_fullName cannot be cast to com.sun.xml.Internal.bind.v2.runtime.reflect.Accessor

this happened after i upgraded the force.com ide i think and i had to add -clean to another .ini file so the force.com ide could boot properly to the workspace

3. same error as 2 but now i am trying to add/remove components to a project i have created but that does not work. Trying to look at existing project components also throws an error.

All i want to do is try using the force.com ide to follow the developer training course but i think i would be just better off doing the inline apex editing and hope to save before hitting Backspace accidentally on the browser page and loosing all edited code after the last Quick Save.

Does anyone know a 100% sure way of getting force.com ide to work without having to troubleshoot this stuff every 10 minutes?

Thanks\

A

HI,

I would like to find out how I could make a flow end at a custom location, more specifically make it end at the place where it was started/clicked, which is a VF page within a button on a record detail page.

Here is the VF page that I've created, I only need it to end at the Contact Id page where it was clicked (the flow already has a variable with the Contact Id called ContactID.

All help is much appreciatted!

<apex:page standardController="Account" tabStyle="Account">

<flow:interview name="Flow_Testing" finishLocation="{!URLFOR('/003/o')}">
        <apex:param name="AccountID" value="{!account.Id}"/>
        <apex:param name="UserID" value="{!$User.Id}"/>
    </flow:interview>

</apex:page>

Hello,

Passing a variable to regular report via a custom link is easy.  Your formula would look something like this:

https://cs13.salesforce.com/00OW0000000KZf3?

pv0={!Account.Id}

Has anyone figured out how to pas the same variable to the two reports in a joined report?