• Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

We have an issue specific to IE8 when we are trying to display an Excel sheet which is stored in the standard Document object in Salesforce.

Everything works fine in Firefox and Chrome and also IE9/Compatible mode

When we open an MS-Excel sheet it asks for credentials to open the document. but the same doesnt apply for other documents like PDF/MS-Word.

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Suman.H

Hi,

I have configured package.xml with the below configuration:

<types>
        <members>Test_Document</members>
        <name>Document</name>
    </types>

when I run the ant migration tool, was expecting a documents folder to be created with the document specified above.

I have the below document in my developer org with the mentioned name. Here are the details of the doc:

Document Name -         Test Document
Document Unique Name -    Test_Document
File Extension -        odt
MIME Type -                application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.text

I have created a public folder and all users have the access both read/write. When I run the ant tool, it doesnt pull the document nor does it create the document folder.

What am I doing wrong here ?

Appreciate any pointers.

Thanks.

Hi,

We have designed our application to process large amount of data using Batch Apex.

We are creating 5 parallel jobs for the batch created to perform the execution, the whole idea is to improve the performance of the app.

During execution, under Monitoring -> ApexJobs, we find the below exception:

First error: java.sql.SQLException: ORA-00001: unique constraint (CORE.AKCRON_JOB_DETAIL) violated
ORA-06512: at "HAPPY.CCRONJOBDETAIL", line 84
ORA-06512: at line 1
: {call cCronJobDetail.insert_detail(?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?)}

We are scheduling the jobs in the finish method of the Batch created. 

Is this error thrown because of the cron creation done across parallel jobs, where we see a race condition ?

Please let us know if there are any pointers where we could avoid the above error which we dont have a control on. Rather we could make the cron creation synchronous, if there is a way.

Thank You.

Regards

Hi,

We have designed our application to process large amount of data using Batch Apex.

We are creating 5 parallel jobs for the batch created to perform the execution, the whole idea is to improve the performance of the app.

During execution, under Monitoring -> ApexJobs, we find the below exception:

First error: java.sql.SQLException: ORA-00001: unique constraint (CORE.AKCRON_JOB_DETAIL) violated
ORA-06512: at "HAPPY.CCRONJOBDETAIL", line 84
ORA-06512: at line 1
: {call cCronJobDetail.insert_detail(?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?)}

We are scheduling the jobs in the finish method of the Batch created. 

Is this error thrown because of the cron creation done across parallel jobs, where we see a race condition ?

Please let us know if there are any pointers where we could avoid the above error which we dont have a control on. Rather we could make the cron creation synchronous, if there is a way.

Thank You.

Regards

Does anyone know if it will be possible to add Database.com licenses (for standard users, light users, records and transactions) to a Force.com EE org? Or, the reverse (add Force.com licenses to a Database.com org).

I'm considering using Database.com as the "back end" for a customer-facing app (built on rails). But, I'd like to leverage Force.com features (i.e., form builder, reports, etc.) to view the data from an internal perspective. And, I'll probably bump up from Force.com EE licenses, to CRM EE licenses at some point (to manage opportunities, marketing campaigns, cases, etc.). Basically, I want to know if this can all happen in a single org.

I would assume that I could start with Database.com and then "upgrade" by adding Force.com/CRM licenses, but I've seen no actual documentation that states this. Does anyone have any insight?