• Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hey folks,

when filtering e.g. Account-Name contains "John", reports usually show all records that have john in its account-name and all records with name-field left blank.

Is it possible to exclude empty fields by set an additional report filter? I've tried various filter settings (equals not null, equals not "", contains not "", begins with "jo", etc.) but could not find any way that worked.

Any help is appreciated.

Markus

Hi,

I have just noticed a behaviour that seems strange to me.

Consider the following scenario:

- MasterCustomObject__c

- DetailCustomObjectA__c (related with MasterCustomObject__c)

- DetailCustomObjectB__c (related with MasterCustomObject__c)

Now consider the following actions that are performed consecutively:

1. If I delete DetailCustomObjectA__c, it is naturally thrown into recycle bin and cannot be queried via SOQL (everything is clear at this point)

2. If I delete MasterCustomObject__c afterwards, it is thrown into recycle bin.

2.1 DetailCustomObjectB__c is not visible in recycle bin

2.2 DetailCustomObjectA__c  -  which has been deleted in (1)  -  is no longer visible in recycle bin

3. After undeleting MasterCustomObject__c from recycle bin, the situation is as follows:

3.1 MasterCustomObject__c is available again

3.2 DetailCustomObjectB__c is accesible again

3.3 but DetailCustomObjectA__c remains lost, i.e. it cannot be queried via SOQL nor is it visible in recycle bin.

I would have expected, that after deleting Master-Detail objects - no matter of chronological order of deletion and undeletion - all objects had to be back again.

Is there any explanation for the observed behaviour or even an option to fix this problem?

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Hey folks,

when filtering e.g. Account-Name contains "John", reports usually show all records that have john in its account-name and all records with name-field left blank.

Is it possible to exclude empty fields by set an additional report filter? I've tried various filter settings (equals not null, equals not "", contains not "", begins with "jo", etc.) but could not find any way that worked.

Any help is appreciated.

Markus

Hi,

I have just noticed a behaviour that seems strange to me.

Consider the following scenario:

- MasterCustomObject__c

- DetailCustomObjectA__c (related with MasterCustomObject__c)

- DetailCustomObjectB__c (related with MasterCustomObject__c)

Now consider the following actions that are performed consecutively:

1. If I delete DetailCustomObjectA__c, it is naturally thrown into recycle bin and cannot be queried via SOQL (everything is clear at this point)

2. If I delete MasterCustomObject__c afterwards, it is thrown into recycle bin.

2.1 DetailCustomObjectB__c is not visible in recycle bin

2.2 DetailCustomObjectA__c  -  which has been deleted in (1)  -  is no longer visible in recycle bin

3. After undeleting MasterCustomObject__c from recycle bin, the situation is as follows:

3.1 MasterCustomObject__c is available again

3.2 DetailCustomObjectB__c is accesible again

3.3 but DetailCustomObjectA__c remains lost, i.e. it cannot be queried via SOQL nor is it visible in recycle bin.

I would have expected, that after deleting Master-Detail objects - no matter of chronological order of deletion and undeletion - all objects had to be back again.

Is there any explanation for the observed behaviour or even an option to fix this problem?

Thanks in advance for any assistance!