• 10 Points
  • Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I have a custom button that renders a section into my page.
The button is only visible on the DETAIL (view) page, when I click on it I want it to go to my EDIT page adding the new section. And when it is saved, a checkbox will be changed to true with the new section showing as well.

1. Save new case
2. click on button
3. go back to edit page with new section showing
4. checkbox set to true
5. click on save
6. save case with new section included

MY CONTROLLER----
  public boolean RenderSection{get; set;}
   public Boolean showFields {get; set;}

public TestController(ApexPages.StandardController controller) {
        RenderSection= false;
   }

public pageReference ShowFields() {
        RenderSection= true;
        PageReference InputCase = new PageReference('/apex/GADCase?ID='+ApexPages.currentPage().getParameters().get('ID'));
        return InputCase.setRedirect(True);

}

MY APEX PAGE---
<apex:page standardController="Case"  extensions="TestController">      
<apex:form >

<h1>Rerender Section</h1>

<apex:pageBlock >
    <apex:outputPanel id="thePanelWrapper">
        <apex:outputPanel rendered="{!RenderSection}">
             <apex:pageBlockSection columns="2" title="Ticket Fields">
                    <apex:inputField value="{!Case.Financial_Impact__c}"  />
                    <apex:inputcheckbox label="checkbox" value="{!Case.checkbox__c}"  disabled="true"/>

</apex:pageBlockSection>
        </apex:outputPanel>
    </apex:outputPanel>
</apex:pageBlock>

<apex:commandButton action="{!ShowFields}" 
      rerender="thePanelWrapper"
      value="Submit" 
      onclick="alert('Are you sure you want to escalate to a ticket?');"/>

</apex:form>
</apex:page>
I have an text area field for the description of my case.
<apex:inputTextArea label="Description" value="{!Case.Description}" cols="120" rows="10" />

and for the view the output is as follows:
<apex:outputText label="Description" value="{!Case.Description}" style="word-wrap:break-word;white-space: normal" />

If I enter a lot of information with brakes or any type of formatting, after I save it, it turns into a one paragraph, no format at all.
I tried the word wrap CSS style, but still doing the same thing. Any ideas?
User-added image
I have a my visualforce page overriding my cases.
To get the case owner, I am using the following line:

<apex:inputField label="Case Owner" value="{!Case.ownerid}" />

However, the name on the field changes based on whoever is logged in looking at the case instead of the user who opened the case (owner).
Also, I would like to add a way where the owner can be changed by the user to another user or queue.

Please help!!!!
I need to show several fields after the user has selected different options in two different picklists.
However, if in one of the picklists they select two different values, i would like to show the same fields.
I've tried several ways including CONTAIN function and it either doesn't show anything or shows several sections with none or repetitive fields.

Here is my code:
<apex:pageBlockSection columns="2" title="Product Details {!Case.Product__c}: {!Case.Issue_Type_1__c}"
                 rendered="{!OR(Case.Product__c == 'Canada B2B', Case.Product__c == 'India B2B') && Case.Issue_Type_1__c=='1-Sales Software'}">
                    <apex:inputField value="{!Case.Sales_Software__c}"         required="true" />
                    <apex:inputField value="{!Case.AccountId}"         required="true" /> 
                </apex:pageBlockSection> 

Please help!
I have an text area field for the description of my case.
<apex:inputTextArea label="Description" value="{!Case.Description}" cols="120" rows="10" />

and for the view the output is as follows:
<apex:outputText label="Description" value="{!Case.Description}" style="word-wrap:break-word;white-space: normal" />

If I enter a lot of information with brakes or any type of formatting, after I save it, it turns into a one paragraph, no format at all.
I tried the word wrap CSS style, but still doing the same thing. Any ideas?
User-added image
I have a my visualforce page overriding my cases.
To get the case owner, I am using the following line:

<apex:inputField label="Case Owner" value="{!Case.ownerid}" />

However, the name on the field changes based on whoever is logged in looking at the case instead of the user who opened the case (owner).
Also, I would like to add a way where the owner can be changed by the user to another user or queue.

Please help!!!!

Hi,

I have a visulaforce page and when I click on a account name then it will be directed to report whose filter values are filtered by that account name which I clicked on the visualforce page and the report data will be displayed for that particular account.

Please let me know how to do this.

Thanks,

Jbabu

• April 02, 2012
Hi,

How can I enable a profile whereby an user has access to only add/edit/delete attachments in Notes and Attachment section for Accounts that may/may NOT be owned by the user.

Thanks and regards,
Ambili

• August 31, 2007