• 0 Points
  • Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I am reasonably certain I am doing everything exactly as instructed.

Following the workbook line by line, by the time I reach page 5 and run the app:

HTTP Status 500 -

type Exception report

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

javax.servlet.ServletException: Servlet.init() for servlet spring threw exception
	org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:472)
	org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:100)
	org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:405)
	org.apache.coyote.http11.AbstractHttp11Processor.process(AbstractHttp11Processor.java:964)
	org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:515)
	org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(JIoEndpoint.java:302)
	java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1110)
	java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:603)
	java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:636)

This is surprising, typically the Force.com workbooks are flawless and following the examples works as expected.

Anyone else notice this, or is this user error?

• August 05, 2012

I am reasonably certain I am doing everything exactly as instructed.

Following the workbook line by line, by the time I reach page 5 and run the app:

HTTP Status 500 -

type Exception report

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

javax.servlet.ServletException: Servlet.init() for servlet spring threw exception
	org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:472)
	org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:100)
	org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:405)
	org.apache.coyote.http11.AbstractHttp11Processor.process(AbstractHttp11Processor.java:964)
	org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:515)
	org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(JIoEndpoint.java:302)
	java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1110)
	java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:603)
	java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:636)

This is surprising, typically the Force.com workbooks are flawless and following the examples works as expected.

Anyone else notice this, or is this user error?

• August 05, 2012