Questions
    Replies
I have this VF page:
<apex:page controller="page1Cont" docType="html-5.0">
<apex:form >
<apex:input type="date" value="{!myDate}" />
</apex:form>
</apex:page>
In chrome I get a datepicker gadget, but not in firefox. Is there any way to get the picker on firefox as well?

chrome:

User-added image

firefox:
User-added image

• June 13, 2014

Hello,

I have a managed package that has one record type of event as a component. It is an Aloha app and all references to this record type in code are done with dynamic Apex, however the record type itself is still a component. As a result, when potential customers try to install it on a group or professional editions they get an error message that record types are not supported. Is there a workaround to this problem?

I checked the "Designing an Application for Group and Professional Edition" wikipage (http://wiki.developerforce.com/page/Designing_an_Application_for_Group_and_Professional_Edition) and there it does say that an app will work on GE/PE only if "Apex is not dependent on features and functionality that exist only in EE or UE (e.g., record types and/or Campaigns) unless it's dynamic Apex.". However later it says that "if your app has more than 50 custom record types, your app will not install in GE or PE." - but we have only 1.. So how can we add this one record type??

Can anyone help me here, as we really want to support professional and group editions?

Thank you

Alon

• October 10, 2012

I have a view of contacts which is filtered according to a picklest value, called "existing equipment". On the list view there is custom button, and this is a snippet of the constructor of the controller of the button's page:

public page1(ApexPages.StandardSetController stdController) {

list<Contact> cons;
      cons = (list<Contact>)stdController.getSelected();

//more analysis..

}

This worked fine until the view's filter was changed to existingEquipment__c=MC\123. The view still works, showing the correct contacts, but clicking on the custom button generates the following error:

system.security.NoAccessException: Object type not accessible. Please check permissions and make sure the object is not in development mode: (((ExistingEquipment__c = 'MC\123'))) ORDER BY Name ASC ^ ERROR at Row:1:Column:60 Invalid string literal 'MC\123'. Illegal character sequence '\1' in string literal. 

Checking the debug log, I see that the error comes from getSelected(). It looks like a bug in getSelecred() - it should work also when the list is filtered according to a picklist value that contains '\'!

Can someone offer a workaround for that?

• August 07, 2012

I have a view of contacts which is filtered according to a picklest value, called "existing equipment". On the list view there is custom button, and this is a snippet of the constructor of the controller of the button's page:

public page1(ApexPages.StandardSetController stdController) {

list<Contact> cons;
      cons = (list<Contact>)stdController.getSelected();

//more analysis..

}

This worked fine until the view's filter was changed to existingEquipment__c=MC\123. The view still works, showing the correct contacts, but clicking on the custom button generates the following error:

system.security.NoAccessException: Object type not accessible. Please check permissions and make sure the object is not in development mode: (((ExistingEquipment__c = 'MC\123'))) ORDER BY Name ASC ^ ERROR at Row:1:Column:60 Invalid string literal 'MC\123'. Illegal character sequence '\1' in string literal. 

Checking the debug log, I see that the error comes from getSelected(). It looks like a bug in getSelecred() - it should work also when the list is filtered according to a picklist value that contains '\'!

Can someone offer a workaround for that?

• August 07, 2012