• Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,
I have a salesforce org say "X developer" where i created all our organisation chatter ids. as name@CompanyName.com to learn how chatter works. but now as we are planning to put the same in New Salesforce CRM org. 

While sending the invitations to the co-workers. and when co-workers accept and try to create a chatter username as name@companyName.com it Shows "username already Exists". as understood yes a user can create the chatter ids with a different chatter ids like name.chatter@companyName.com etc. but that will enforce the user to remember two email ids(username) 
1. Actual email id.
2. salesforce chatter Id

Now How can I create chatter id keeping the same convention of name@companyName.com. or is there a way to delete unwanted chatter ids created in our sf Org.

Considerations : in X developer account i am ready to deactivate the user. 

Please Help !
I am in badly need for a solution.

• October 01, 2012

Hi, I wanted to Query as 

Consider there are more than  50000 records in lead in production.

[SELECT Count(id) from Lead Limit 1]

Idealy it Returns only one record.

as i understand as in docs its mentioned it will throw an Too many rows Exception. 

SO how can i avoid this Exception. Or Batch Apex is the only solution for this. 

• September 13, 2012

Hi ,

How can we read/edit a file which is a feedattchment to an account in apex.

Example : Reading values from a csv file and edit and update the new version of the file

Thanks.

• August 30, 2012

Hi,

I need to design a Scheduler which runs Every day at 5 PM.

which fires a Batch Apex Which Pulls up All records nearly 40,000 ac based on filter logic and ordered by created date.

Filter logic is between Record Created dates Example : 1-JAN-2012 to 31-MAR-2012

My limitations are only to process 3000 Records per day should be processed. 

so on the next scheduled job it should start from the next 3000 records

and the requirement is to process 3000 records every day with a new set of records. which means the same records shoulf

• August 29, 2012

1. Is there any limits to No of posts( FeedItem with contentType post To an Account/Lead) made in an Organisation.

if yes then how can we monitor the limits.

• August 27, 2012

Hi, I wanted to Query as 

Consider there are more than  50000 records in lead in production.

[SELECT Count(id) from Lead Limit 1]

Idealy it Returns only one record.

as i understand as in docs its mentioned it will throw an Too many rows Exception. 

SO how can i avoid this Exception. Or Batch Apex is the only solution for this. 

• September 13, 2012

Hi,

I need to design a Scheduler which runs Every day at 5 PM.

which fires a Batch Apex Which Pulls up All records nearly 40,000 ac based on filter logic and ordered by created date.

Filter logic is between Record Created dates Example : 1-JAN-2012 to 31-MAR-2012

My limitations are only to process 3000 Records per day should be processed. 

so on the next scheduled job it should start from the next 3000 records

and the requirement is to process 3000 records every day with a new set of records. which means the same records shoulf

• August 29, 2012

1. Is there any limits to No of posts( FeedItem with contentType post To an Account/Lead) made in an Organisation.

if yes then how can we monitor the limits.

• August 27, 2012

I'm a beginner at this - so pardon me if I'm not stating this correctly, or if this isn't the correct board for this topic, but any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm attempting to add records to the FeedItem object in a Production, Using a batch Class

After the first 18 Successfull batches of scope 200 where it created 6000+ Succesfull FeedItem posts to the accounts.

exception gets thrown: exceptionMessage='ContentPublication Limit exceeded.'

I've checked the "limits" in Administrative Reports and admin screens, and I am nowhere near the API call limit per day.

This the sample logic in side the Batch 

execute(....){
list<FeedItem> fi = new List<FeedItem>(); for(Integer i=0; i<200; i++){ String finalstr=''; FeedItem post = new FeedItem(); post.Type = 'ContentPost'; post.ParentId = UserInfo.getUserId(); post.Body = 'Activity History is Archived'; post.ContentFileName=i+'testFile.txt'; finalstr +='todays Date ,'+Date.today(); blob csvBlob = Blob.valueOf(finalstr); post.ContentData = csvBlob; fi.add(post); } insert fi;
}

;

• August 24, 2012

Here is my Requirement

I given 'h' in the search field in VF page.

When i press the search button it should display the all Account Names starting with 'h' letter

In handler I have a variable of string type and is binded to the VF page.

Now my doubt is,

How to get the AccountNames starting with the letter stored in the string variable.....

Can  anyone  suggest me the way