• 0 Points
  • Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

A case is closed.  Later, the client replies back to an associated case email with a new issue.  The salesforce user is on vacation or no longer working in the call center.  The new email is now associated with the closed case and it goes unnoticed. 

I created an email workflow rule but with no success:

(Email Message: Is IncomingequalsTrue) and (Case: ClosedequalsTrue) to trigger a status change of the case object to "new" and owner to "queue."  Apparently, as the case object is not being saved, this rule won't work.

I assume this is a common problem and I've been scratching my head and searching for a solution.  Any help?
Thanks, Carl

A case is closed.  Later, the client replies back to an associated case email with a new issue.  The salesforce user is on vacation or no longer working in the call center.  The new email is now associated with the closed case and it goes unnoticed. 

I created an email workflow rule but with no success:

(Email Message: Is IncomingequalsTrue) and (Case: ClosedequalsTrue) to trigger a status change of the case object to "new" and owner to "queue."  Apparently, as the case object is not being saved, this rule won't work.

I assume this is a common problem and I've been scratching my head and searching for a solution.  Any help?
Thanks, Carl