• Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

I am looking to make a validation rule so that when an opportunity hits a specific stage that opportunity products can no longer be added.  I am unsure of how to tell the validation rule to lock a user out of adding products.  If you could assist with this rule it would be greatly appreciated.

Hi,

I would like to make a validation rule for our discount products.  If the discount product is selected and the user tries to put in a "Sales Price" of anything above 0 that an error occurs.  I was unsure if this was a product validation rule or an opportunity validation rule.  Please let me know if you can assist.  It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Hi,

I wanted to know if anyone has come up with a solution to show parent to child contact list.  When I am at a parent account I would like to see a section for all clinic accounts and their associated contacts.  Please let me know if you need further explanation or if you have a solution.

Thanks,

Bennett Tran

• March 26, 2013

Hello,

I have a validation rule right now that requires you to select a task type besides the default when creating a new task.  I recently ran into a problem when our marketing automation tool tries to make a task in salesforce.  On the marketing automation forum for creating a task it does not have the option of selecting a task type so it is set to default which does not comply with my validation rule.  I wanted to know if I could write a trigger that would be able to set the task type before insert when you change the priority to something else besides the default so it will comply with the validation rule.  Thanks.

• December 03, 2012

I have posted this a question about this trigger problem once before.  I want to write a trigger for whenever an opportunity is created.  When it is created I would like to check the role of the opportunity owner and based on the owner's role I would like the "type" field to change accordingly.  If the owner's role is "Sales" I would like the "type" field to default to "initial sale".  Likewise, if the owner's role is "Success"  I would like the "type" field to default to "add/subtract".  Below is a sample code I received from another post I made by another contributor.  I have tried to implement it but it does not work.

trigger myOppType on Opportunity (after insert)
{

List<Opportunity> oppList = new List<Opportunity>();

for(Opportunity opp : trigger.New) {
       if( opp.owner.userrole.name == 'Success')  {
             opp.type = 'add/subtract';
             oppList.add(opp);
       }
      if( opp.owner.userrole.name == 'Sales')  {
              opp.type = 'initial Sale';
              oppList.add(opp);
     }
  }
   if(oppList.size() > 0 ) {
     Database.update(oppList, false);
   }
}

• November 16, 2012

I would like to write a trigger for a custom field at the parent account level.  The field I am using is called pricing and is a picklist field with two values(old/new).  When the pricing field is selected in the parent account I would like that field to populate at every child account and their opportunities that are associated with that parent account.  I think this could be done through a trigger but if you have another work around I would like to hear it.  Thanks for the help in advance.

• November 16, 2012

Hello all,

I wanted to know if there was a way to customize the search bar so when you search for an account it could show a field next to it or if there was a way to get a hierarchy view on the search bar.  Please let me know if anyone has found a workaround for this.  Thanks!

• October 15, 2012

Hello,

I would like to make a field called "monthly revenue" on the opportunity level that will sum up all the products in the product family "monthly products" associated with that specific opportunity.  After that I would like to make a field in the account level that sums up all of the "monthly revenue" fields in every opportunity associated with that specific account.  Please let me know if you can help me with this.  Thanks!

• October 15, 2012

I would like to make a trigger for after an opportunity is created.  I want it so that when an opportunity is created the trigger checks if the opportunity owner's role is either 'success' or 'sales'.  If the owner's role is sales the trigger will then update the opportunity type to 'initial sale' or if the owner's role is success the the type will be 'add/subtract'.  Below is my code, even though I know it is completely wrong I thought I'd share.

trigger myOpptType on Opportunity (after insert)
{
{
Opportunity myOpptType = trigger.new[0];
if (myOpptType.Owner = Matthew Wolach)
{
myOpptType.Type = 'Add/Subtract';
update myOpptType;
}
}
}

thanks for the help!

• October 10, 2012

Hello all,

I want to create a trigger(after update) for a child to parent account relationship.  I have a custom field at the account level that sums up the total revenue for every account based off of their opportunity products.  I would like to be able to sum up that total revenue field for all child accounts and put that amount at the parent level account.  Could someone help me write this trigger?  Thank you!

• September 28, 2012

I would like to change parent accounts to "Company" and keep children accounts as "Accounts".  I have talked to a salesforce support technician and he said that there is no way to do this type of naming convention and refered me to this discussion board.  Please let me know if you have a solution or could direct me to an app I could use.  Thank you!

• September 14, 2012

I would like to make it required to have a "type" when someone clicks "new task" or "log a call" under the activity level.  I was told by Salesforce that since this is a standard field you can not make it required and you can't create custom fields under "activity".  So is there anyone that can somehow program this for me?  Thanks in advance!

• September 07, 2012

Hi,

I wanted to know if anyone has come up with a solution to show parent to child contact list.  When I am at a parent account I would like to see a section for all clinic accounts and their associated contacts.  Please let me know if you need further explanation or if you have a solution.

Thanks,

Bennett Tran

• March 26, 2013

Hello,

I have a validation rule right now that requires you to select a task type besides the default when creating a new task.  I recently ran into a problem when our marketing automation tool tries to make a task in salesforce.  On the marketing automation forum for creating a task it does not have the option of selecting a task type so it is set to default which does not comply with my validation rule.  I wanted to know if I could write a trigger that would be able to set the task type before insert when you change the priority to something else besides the default so it will comply with the validation rule.  Thanks.

• December 03, 2012

I have posted this a question about this trigger problem once before.  I want to write a trigger for whenever an opportunity is created.  When it is created I would like to check the role of the opportunity owner and based on the owner's role I would like the "type" field to change accordingly.  If the owner's role is "Sales" I would like the "type" field to default to "initial sale".  Likewise, if the owner's role is "Success"  I would like the "type" field to default to "add/subtract".  Below is a sample code I received from another post I made by another contributor.  I have tried to implement it but it does not work.

trigger myOppType on Opportunity (after insert)
{

List<Opportunity> oppList = new List<Opportunity>();

for(Opportunity opp : trigger.New) {
       if( opp.owner.userrole.name == 'Success')  {
             opp.type = 'add/subtract';
             oppList.add(opp);
       }
      if( opp.owner.userrole.name == 'Sales')  {
              opp.type = 'initial Sale';
              oppList.add(opp);
     }
  }
   if(oppList.size() > 0 ) {
     Database.update(oppList, false);
   }
}

• November 16, 2012

Hello,

I would like to make a field called "monthly revenue" on the opportunity level that will sum up all the products in the product family "monthly products" associated with that specific opportunity.  After that I would like to make a field in the account level that sums up all of the "monthly revenue" fields in every opportunity associated with that specific account.  Please let me know if you can help me with this.  Thanks!

• October 15, 2012

I would like to make a trigger for after an opportunity is created.  I want it so that when an opportunity is created the trigger checks if the opportunity owner's role is either 'success' or 'sales'.  If the owner's role is sales the trigger will then update the opportunity type to 'initial sale' or if the owner's role is success the the type will be 'add/subtract'.  Below is my code, even though I know it is completely wrong I thought I'd share.

trigger myOpptType on Opportunity (after insert)
{
{
Opportunity myOpptType = trigger.new[0];
if (myOpptType.Owner = Matthew Wolach)
{
myOpptType.Type = 'Add/Subtract';
update myOpptType;
}
}
}

thanks for the help!

• October 10, 2012

Hello all,

I want to create a trigger(after update) for a child to parent account relationship.  I have a custom field at the account level that sums up the total revenue for every account based off of their opportunity products.  I would like to be able to sum up that total revenue field for all child accounts and put that amount at the parent level account.  Could someone help me write this trigger?  Thank you!

• September 28, 2012

I would like to change parent accounts to "Company" and keep children accounts as "Accounts".  I have talked to a salesforce support technician and he said that there is no way to do this type of naming convention and refered me to this discussion board.  Please let me know if you have a solution or could direct me to an app I could use.  Thank you!

• September 14, 2012

I would like to make it required to have a "type" when someone clicks "new task" or "log a call" under the activity level.  I was told by Salesforce that since this is a standard field you can not make it required and you can't create custom fields under "activity".  So is there anyone that can somehow program this for me?  Thanks in advance!

• September 07, 2012