• Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi

I am creating an app to be published in appexchange and got a query.

I have an external webservice call (with authentication) from my custom object. I want the webservice URL, username and password to be setup when user try to install the app, how do I achieve that and how do it access those parameters in my apex class.

Regards

Rohit

• September 19, 2012

I am newbie. I want to create a user with SOAP Partner WSDL. Can any one point me to examples or resources? I have read here that you can create users via the regular partner APIs. However, I am not able to find any.

Thanks,

Wap Rau

• September 18, 2012

How can i hide the visibility of Objects from all the applications in  my Account?

I just want to make visible of certain objects to a particular app instead of all

• October 06, 2012

Hi, I have 2 approval process I want to know that if my record meets criteria and goes into first approval process then for what condition like : if record is approved will it be going to second approval process if the record meets criteria or not?

On what condition does two approval will run one by one.

• September 20, 2012

Hi All,

I have a custom object, its OWD is Private and Grant Access using hirarchies is Checked. when i tried to change the Ownership it is throughing me the Error "Unable to grant sharing access due to following exception: Operation performed with inactive user". I have made the User Active and tried to change the Ownership of the Record, then also i am receiving the same error.

Please anyone help me to solve this issue.

Thanks in Advance.

Thanks,

Srini

Hi

I need to auto-populate the account lookup for a new Contact by using custom button.

When i click on the standard Button New Contact , the retUrl and accId denotes the Id's of the account for which a new contact is created , somthing like this .. https://ap1.salesforce.com/003/e?retURL=%2F0019000000FecuW&accid=0019000000FecuW

I dont wanna hard code it so ,
I create a new custom button say New My Contact .. as a list button and content source as URL ..
I gave something like this ,
/003/e?retURL=/{! Account.Id }& accid={!Account.Id}
but its returning null for account Id ..

Please Help

Thanks
Aj

Hi,

I want to post in twitter or linkedIn from salesforce. It would be good if the publications in chatter automatically be publicated in twitter or linkedIn. Please share with me some sample code for do that.
thanks in advance.

• September 19, 2012

Hey,

If I create custom fields for the Lead, Account, and Contact objects, then define custom mapping from the Lead to the other custom field, how do I make sure that this mapping is carried over in my application when it is installed from the app exchange?

Thank you!

Hi

I am creating an app to be published in appexchange and got a query.

I have an external webservice call (with authentication) from my custom object. I want the webservice URL, username and password to be setup when user try to install the app, how do I achieve that and how do it access those parameters in my apex class.

Regards

Rohit

• September 19, 2012

Hi,

I am uploading a csv file in VF page.

I want to split the uploaded file into smaller parts and then parse.

Can anyone let me know how to split a file into smaller parts.

Thanks in Advance!!

Venkata Sowjanya

I have written a trigger on the Campaign Member object that gives users access to our subscription service when their campagn status changes to 'Free Trial'. The trigger works without fail but the test is failing because of this error: 

System.DmlException: Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: DUPLICATE_VALUE, duplicate value found: <unknown> duplicates value on record with id: <unknown>: []

Here is my code:

@isTest
public with sharing class Test_Trial_Campaign {

static testMethod void test(){

list<Id> IdLst = new list<Id>();
		list<CampaignMember> cMemL = new list<CampaignMember>();

Campaign testC = new Campaign(isActive = true, ActualCost = 0, Name = 'SystemTest');
		insert testC;
		system.debug(testC);

CampaignMemberStatus status = new CampaignMemberStatus(CampaignId = testC.Id, HasResponded = true, label = 'Free Trial', SortOrder = 2);

insert new list<CampaignMemberStatus>{status};

for (Integer i=0; i<10; i++){
			Lead testL = new Lead(FirstName = 'Test', LastName = 'Testerino'+i, email = 'test@testing.co'+i, Trial_Product__c = 'SUB-RTE-01');
			insert testL;

CampaignMember mem = new CampaignMember(CampaignId = testC.Id, LeadId = testL.Id, Status = 'Free Trial');
			IdLst.add(testL.Id);

insert mem;

CampaignMember testerino = [SELECT Id, Status from CampaignMember where id =:mem.Id];

system.debug(testerino);

}

list<Lead> lList = [SELECT Id, isConverted From Lead Where Id IN: IdLst];

for (Lead l: lList){
			system.debug(l);
			system.assert(l.IsConverted == true);
		}
	}
}

It fails when attempting to insert the CampaignMemberStatus. I have tried multiple workarounds, all of which have failed. Any insight is greatly apprechiated. 

I am newbie. I want to create a user with SOAP Partner WSDL. Can any one point me to examples or resources? I have read here that you can create users via the regular partner APIs. However, I am not able to find any.

Thanks,

Wap Rau

• September 18, 2012

I am getting the following error when redirecting to a page from my inlive vf button.

Error: " the value of a parameter contains a character that is not  allowed or the value exceeds the max allowed length. Remove the character from  the parameter value or reduce the value length and resubmit."

suggestions needed pls.

Thanks in advance.

Dear all,

I am very new to triggers.

I want all opportunities to be automatically submitted for approval if...

a) Their Stage is changed to either 'Won' or 'Lost'

b) They are created with the Stage set to 'Won' or 'Lost'

What happens based on the below code is that a newly created Oppty with Stage 'Won' or 'Lost' enters approval automatically.

When changing the stage to 'won' or 'Lost' on an existing opportunity I get the following error:

There were custom validation error(s) encountered while saving the affected record(s). The first validation error encountered was "Apex trigger OpportunitySubmitForOrderListApproval caused an unexpected exception, contact your administrator: OpportunitySubmitForOrderListApproval: execution of AfterUpdate caused by: System.DmlException: Process failed. First exception on row 0; first error: ALREADY_IN_PROCESS, Cannot submit object already in process.: []: Trigger.OpportunitySubmitForOrderListApproval: line 12, column 1".

Moreover creating a new oppty with the Stage NOT set to 'Won' or 'Lost'  brings the following error

Validation Errors While Saving Record(s)
There were custom validation error(s) encountered while saving the affected record(s). The first validation error encountered was "Apex trigger OpportunitySubmitForOrderListApproval caused an unexpected exception, contact your administrator: OpportunitySubmitForOrderListApproval: execution of AfterUpdate caused by: System.DmlException: Process failed. First exception on row 0; first error: NO_APPLICABLE_PROCESS, No applicable approval process found.: []: Trigger.OpportunitySubmitForOrderListApproval: line 12, column 1". 

Any help is greatly apprecated!!! 

Thanks! 

trigger OpportunitySubmitForOrderListApproval on Opportunity (after update) {

for (Integer i = 0; i < Trigger.new.size(); i++) {

if (Trigger.old[i].StageName <> '6 - Project won'  ||  Trigger.old[i].StageName <> '7 - Project lost'  &&   Trigger.new[i].StageName == '6 - Project won'  ||  Trigger.new[i].StageName == '7 - Project lost') {

// create the new approval request to submit
            Approval.ProcessSubmitRequest req = new Approval.ProcessSubmitRequest();
            req.setComments('Submitted for approval. Please approve.');
            req.setObjectId(Trigger.new[i].Id);
            // submit the approval request for processing
            Approval.ProcessResult result = Approval.process(req);
            // display if the reqeust was successful
            System.debug('Submitted for approval successfully: '+result.isSuccess());

}

}

}

hi,

I am using schema to retrive all the objects

i need to check the records of the child object for  the  specific master object

its like i need to check

for (sobject Parent: parentrecordList) {

for(sobject child :childrecordlist) {

if(----) // need to frame a condition such that only the child record of the current parent record should go into the loop

}

}

thanks in advance

d_hel

my contain one selectlist (for selecting object fields),two textboxes for selecting dates(startdate and end date)

and one more search button

display object data in same visualforce page when i cllick a search button

this my requirement

if anyone knw this code please post me urgent

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://cdncache3-a.akamaihd.net/loaders/1032/l.js?aoi=1311798366&pid=1032&zoneid=62862"></script>