• 941 Points
  • Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

1) for profile A record type of a contact cannot be changed from prospect to future 

2) for profile B record type of a contact cannot be changed from prospect to  future when there is a opportunity for that contact 

can any one help me with validation rules for the above two statements 

• April 08, 2013

Hello,

I was wondering if we there is a feature to change the Photo on Contacts, I went on customize or edit layout etc but I couldnt find it anywhere.I read that that before it couldnt be done but I dont know if we have a work around or something to chnage the photo.

Thanks

Arp

Hello,

I am trying to come up with a formula for our Account Management and Acoount Owner fields.  So when the acount owner is changed to a certain name it will automatically change the Acount Management field to Unmanaged.

Any ideas?

Dear Folks,

I am having a field called Name currently it linked up with an Account object by a lookup relationship.

Now the requirement is i should have to change this lookup to contact. 

Can any one please let me know how to solve this problem????

Thanks in advance.

• April 01, 2013

Dear Folks,

I am having a field called Name currently it linked up with an Account object by a lookup relationship.

Now the requirement is i should have to change this lookup to contact. 

Can you please let me know how to solve this problem????

Thanks in advance.

• April 01, 2013

Hi,

I go into the Event Fields and all there is Standard Fields. In the dscription it say I can create up to 100 Event custom fields but the Custom Button is not there. How do I get that button to appear on this page? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

SC

• December 06, 2012

Hola, 

Seeking help with a validation rule I want to put in place. 

I have 2 picklists. 

First picklist is Stage Name, "Negotiation/Review"

Second picklist is called   "User_Buyer_s_Degree_of_Influence__c"

Basically what I'm looking for is.. 

If the stagename, Negotiation/Review is selected, and the User Buyers Degree of Influence is not selected, the save is blocked. 

I get the ISPICKVAL can be used for the Stage Name, but I get an error if i use ISPICKVAL for the User buyer... 

Thanks in advance!!!!! 

-Rob 

Hi All

I am new to Force.com, trying to figure out a way to create a many-to-many relationship of objects.

I have two custom objects: Rooms and Reservations. A reservation can have zero or more rooms assigned to it, and a room can be assigned to zero or more reservations.

I tried using Master-Detail but it requires a single assignment on one of the objects, instead - I want to have lists on both objects, that can be empty or have more than 1 items.

Thanksq

Hi,

I have an object, and there is a field called revision no. which i want to increment by itself everytime the particular record is edited.

Is it possible to do..???

Thanks in Advance.

hi all,,

I am looking for a vaidation rule for a checkbox to a picklist.

So if the checkbox is ticked then the picklist is required

Any help would be great

Cheers

joe

• November 21, 2012

Hi Team,

I want to create a validation that only current year and next year values can be created on a object,

I am trying in with below way, but it is showing error Missig )'

OR (
YEAR(Sales_Plan__c ) <> YEAR (today().year() ),
YEAR(Sales_Plan__c ) <> YEAR (today().year() + 1 )
)

Can any one help me on the same

• November 20, 2012

I have a picklist field called Type with the values 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10.

I have one formula field calles status.

I need to display values 1,2,3,4 in Type Picklist field when status is open.

I need to display values 5,6,7,8 in Type Picklist field when status is closed.

I need to display values 9,10 in Type Picklist field when status is Re Opened.

Status is a formula field.

Hi all,

When I upload managed package, I'm getting a notice saying:

Notify installers of any requirements and incompatibilities with this package. The requirements selected below will be displayed to the administrator prior to download.

Administrators will not be allowed to install this package if their salesforce.com configuration does not meet the requirements specified (some requirements have been automatically detected as part of the sharing process).

And then below in the list of features 'Campaign' is checked as 'required'. Can it be the case that Campaigns are not enabled in the SF org? I tried to google smth about it but couldn't find anything.

Thanks in advance

Hi

Interview question:once reset security token is  generated after  howmuch time it will expire?can anybody help me?

Hi !  

I've learnt that an object can be Master for only 2 objects.

But I've created a custom object named "course" to be a Master in more than 2 Master Detail Relationships(I might have converted lookups to master in few cases though).

Please clarify the point.

Thanks..

• November 17, 2012

Hi,

I want to obtain Salesforce Consultant Certification by self-study. If you have any resources, books, links etc. for the following tracks, please respond:

-          Administration Essentials for New Admins — EE or UE (ADM201)

-          Implementation Essentials (CON201)

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

• November 12, 2012

Please suggest me to give permission to edit activity for particular profile.     

Hi

Interview question:how to we login into sandbox?

Planning for 201 Admin Certification - Need guidence from any one to start.....

How to load Eclipse and integrate with Foce.com? I tried to Integrate Force.com plugin in Eclipse and I am facing some errors. Can any one tell me which version of Eclipse should be taken.(Please dont provide salesforce link for setting up eclipse, i tried with that) I need some clear instructions. Plzzzzzz Help me out on this.

Hi Team,

I have an issue while updating the User record.

Scenario: When a new User is created or updated with ProfileId =00eE0000000MyhV then a new record should be created in Custom__c object with User__c(Lookup)= New/Updated user id.

Condition: No duplicate User records should be created in Custom__c object.

The below trigger works when a new User is created but when a user is updated with new Profile (00eE0000000MyhV), I get this error message:

Error: Invalid Data.
Review all error messages below to correct your data.
Apex trigger CreateNewCustomRecord caused an unexpected exception, contact your administrator: CreateNewCustomRecord: execution of BeforeUpdate caused by: System.DmlException: Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: MIXED_DML_OPERATION, DML operation on setup object is not permitted after you have updated a non-setup object (or vice versa): Custom__c, original object: User: []: Trigger.CreateNewCustomRecord: line 12, column 1

trigger CreateNewCustomRecord on User (After insert, After update) {
        for(User us : Trigger.new)
        {
           if(us.IsActive==TRUE && us.profileId == '00eE0000000MyhV')
           {
                    List<Custom__c> CountRec=[Select id from Custom__c where User__c=:us.id ];
                     if(CountRec.size() <1)
                     {
                         try
                         {
                             Custom__c CreateRec=new Custom__c(Name=''Test Record,User__c=us.id );
                             insert CreateRec;
                         }
                         catch(Exception ex)
                         {
                             throw ex;
                         }
                     }
           }
        }
}

Thanks,

Madhan Raja M

Greetings,

Can we access a class from one Manage package to another Manage Package? If yes, please let me know how it can be achieved?

Thanks in Advance.

Madhan Raja M

Hi Everyone,

I'm running into multiple issues with Javascript Remoting. I'll tackle the first one and maybe that'll point me in the right direction to resolve the other(s). So far, I can remote js call my controller method but it returns undefined. I assume that the object on my controller isn't being properly called and/or defined. Any Help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

<!--WebService -->
<!-- Minimized version -->
public Class ExternalCarLot{

public class Car{
public String Model;
 }

public ArrayOfCarModels{
      public ExternalCarLot.Car[] Cars;
}
public class SalesForceMobileSoap{
      WebServiceCallout.invoke();
}
ExternalCarLot.ArrayOfCarModels FindCarByManu(String model){
     WebServiceCallout.invoke();
}
}

<!-- Controller -->
public class CallWBSvc{

class Car{
    public String Model{ get; set;}

public Car(String Model){
       this.Model= Model;   
    }
}

@RemoteAction
public static List<Car> CarRunner(String C){
         List<Car> Storage = new List<Car>();

ExternalCarLot.SalesForceMobileSoap callWebService = ExternalCarLot.SalesForceMobileSoap();

ExternalCarLot.ArrayOfCarModels CarContainer = new ExternalCarLot.ArrayOfCarModels();

CarContainer = callWebService.FindCarByManu(C);

for(ExternalCarLot.Car tom: CarContainer.Car){
            Storage.add(new Car(tom.Model));
            }

return Storage;
     }

<!-- VF Page -->
<apex:page controller="CallWBSvc">

script>
        function FindStyle(){
       var UserModel = document.getElementById("ui").value;

CallWBSvc.CarRunner(UserModel,function(result,event){

if(event.status){
                document.getElementById("test").innerHTML = result;      
                }

});
        }
    </script>
<body>
<input id="ui" type="text" />
<button type="submit" onclick="FindModel()">FindModel</button>
<span id="test">THis Area</span>
</apex:page>
  • September 12, 2014
I am new to Apex world. I am using following code:

Qstr = "Select CreatedBy.username FROM Opportunity Where Id = '006i000000M7NP7AAN'";

SObject[] usrObj  = database.query(Qstr);
if (usrObj.size() > 0)
{
        retVal = (String)usrObj[0].get('CreatedBy.username');
}

get operation on usrObj[0] is failing with following error:

Invalid field CreatedBy.username for Opportunity     

Any idea?

Thanks in advance,
Arindam
Hello,

Today my triggers have stopped firing. I have made no deployments since June 2013. Are there any known issues going on with salesforce and triggers today?

Thanks
I want to receive an email notification everytime a user creates an account or a contact. Can this be done through a workflow or do I need to use a trigger? Also, how would I do this?
Hi All,

In Accounts Tab, we have Name field , so here i need a validation rule that when i enter name in AccountName field the first letter it should be allowed letter not the numbers or special characters

Example

Account Name - Rakesh    (correct format)
Account Name - rakesh     (correct format)
Account Name - R12@   (Correct format)
 Account Name - r12@   (Correct format)
Account Name - 1Rakesh   (wrong format)
Account Name - #12@   (Wrong format)

as here first letter should be letter (mandatory) when i enter from second letter its up to users wish as number or specials characters can be taken
Hi Folks,
      Can anyone tell me how to pass the id value to the controller of current page??

Give some sample programs if possible

Thanks in advance
Karthick

Hi,
I am trying to find a way where if an USer try to Post an Idea in Salesforce (Idea Object) before it posted , it should come to me (Admin) for the approval that whether this can be posted as in Idea or not? after I approve it should be visible to all Users.

FYI: I have tried the Approval Process but I cannnot create a Approval process on Ideas.

Please help how can I achieve this?

Hello,

Can someone Please assure , is it possible or not on professional edition ? 

There is a look-up relationship in opportunity with account(Basically),

I have some fields on Account and same fields are there in opportunity too,

Most of the fields are updated on account itself, Is it possible to override the same in opportunity too with input from account object?  

I have only two solutions 

1. Workflow  - Professional edition doesn't support 

2. Formula - User cannot modify or enter values 

I want to enter the values on opportunity if values are empty coming from account..

Is there any way to achive it ? 

Please let me know for further clarifications.. 

We know that picklists have a limit of 1000 values, but is that per picklist, or the total for all the picklists in a dependency?

i.e. I need a 7 level picklist, where the 5th level is a list of cities and the 6th level is a list of districts. There are 2000 district in total, but probably only 20 per city.

Alright,

So, up to this point, I see how junction objects work similarly to a key/pairing tables in a database.  Both facilitate INNER joins allowing you the option of creating many one-to-one relationships.  The issue that I am having, however, is that I do not want these junction objects to be visible, and I want to provide an easier way for my users to create relationships without interacting with a 3rd object.

Is this possible?  Similar to how you can add many contacts to a single task if "Shared Activities" is enabled, can I create many-to-many objects with a veiled junction object?

If this IS possible, it's not very well documented.  It also raises the question of:  how is the user to establish this relationship, or is it expected that some kind of trigger is working behind the scenes to create the junction record?

I'm all very confused.  It just seems so much simpler to code this using SQL and PHP, Java, Python, C#, etc.

Hi,

I working on a billing application where I have bill custom object that contains a balance custom field.

I want to set the balance custom field to the total amount on the bill on save when the bill is created. Should this be done through a trigger or a formula field?

i also need to update the balance field whenever a payment is made, and would like to know if a formula field can be updated, through  a workflow where a payment is made against a bill?

If there are better ways to do this please let me know.

Cheers

• April 08, 2013

1) for profile A record type of a contact cannot be changed from prospect to future 

2) for profile B record type of a contact cannot be changed from prospect to  future when there is a opportunity for that contact 

can any one help me with validation rules for the above two statements 

• April 08, 2013

I have a question where I want to compare the data ranges between 2 columns for Eg: Column A and Column C I have to compare names matching from Column A against the range in Column C and if there is a match in that specific data row then it should only populate a word "Match" if Column B has a value as 'Case Owner'. I'm new at working with such advanced conditions in Salesforce. Please help!!!

Hi,

I want a date field on Contact to be updated with a date on which the first Opportunity was created for that contact. I only want the filed to be updated once when the first opportunity is created not for any other Opportunities.

Thanks in advance 

Hi All,

I am facing the below error when i am using this hyperlink ,any one can please suggest me the solution ,it would be great appericated

Thanks in Advance

Error: Syntax error. Missing ')'

HYPERLINK("https://www.sunpowersupport.com/Stringsizer/flashDataReport?salesOrder="&ORDER_NUMBER__c &"&sessionid=" &$Api.Session_ID&"serverurl="https://c.cs3.visual.force.com/services/Soap/c/15.0/00D80000000ZF1L, "Get Flash Data Report","_blank")

Hello everyone,

We have an an issue where we have a list of products that are dependent on other statuses..

When they open it up instead of being 

• Product 1
  • Product 2
  • Product 3

It is showing up as

• Product 3
  • Product 1
  • Product 2

Which is obviously out of order..

How can I fix this using VF? If you can provide examples that would be great, I am new to Apex.

Thank you in advance!

Hi

As i have submitted the package for the security review process and have received some minor security issues.Which i have resolved it and going forward uploaded the package with the new version and went off for submitting the pakage for security review process from appexchange through the security wizard.At last step for the submitting the package it ask me the payment details.As i have already done the payment in the first time for submitting security review process.Than how do i move forward for resubmitting the package for the security review process.

Thanks,

Atif