• 0 Points
  • Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I have written the following Validation rule; adding several different countries.  The request is if the Account Country is one of these Countries; then the Agent Sales Rep is to be required/mandatory.

The rule checks out ok but is not firing.  Any suggestions?

AND( $RecordType.Name = "BBA_Strategic_Account_Opportunity",  $RecordType.Name  = "BBA_Service_Programs", OR( BEGINS("Bangladesh",  Account_Country__c ), BEGINS("Belize",  Account_Country__c ), BEGINS("Bermuda",  Account_Country__c ), BEGINS("Bolivia",  Account_Country__c ), BEGINS("Chile",  Account_Country__c ), BEGINS("China",  Account_Country__c ), BEGINS("Costa Rica",  Account_Country__c ), BEGINS("Ecuador",  Account_Country__c ), BEGINS("El Salvador",  Account_Country__c ), BEGINS("French Guiana",  Account_Country__c ), BEGINS("Guatemala",  Account_Country__c ) , BEGINS("Guyana",  Account_Country__c ), BEGINS("Honduras",  Account_Country__c ) , BEGINS("India",  Account_Country__c ) , BEGINS("Mauritus", Account_Country__c ), BEGINS("Nepal",  Account_Country__c ), BEGINS("Nicaragua",  Account_Country__c ), BEGINS("Panama",  Account_Country__c ), BEGINS("Paraguay",  Account_Country__c ), BEGINS("Peru",  Account_Country__c ), BEGINS("Portugal",  Account_Country__c ), BEGINS("Spain",  Account_Country__c ), BEGINS("Sri Lanka",  Account_Country__c ), BEGINS("Suriname",  Account_Country__c ), BEGINS("Uruguay",  Account_Country__c ), ISBLANK( TEXT( Agent_Sales_Rep__c ))))

• October 03, 2012

I've created a validation rule that allows for a field to become mandatory when it meets certain requirements; works great.  However I now need to have this rule not apply to a specific record type and I'm having problems adding it to the rule.

Here's the original rule:

AND( OR( BEGINS( "FL", Account_State_Province__c ), BEGINS("USA",  Account_Country__c ) ),   ISBLANK( TEXT( Agent_Sales_Rep__c )))

the record type is called BBA_Service_Programs and the Id is 01250000000UKIF

I tried adding it on the end using AND but it keeps coming up with errors.

Help is appreciated!

• October 03, 2012

I have written the following Validation rule; adding several different countries.  The request is if the Account Country is one of these Countries; then the Agent Sales Rep is to be required/mandatory.

The rule checks out ok but is not firing.  Any suggestions?

AND( $RecordType.Name = "BBA_Strategic_Account_Opportunity",  $RecordType.Name  = "BBA_Service_Programs", OR( BEGINS("Bangladesh",  Account_Country__c ), BEGINS("Belize",  Account_Country__c ), BEGINS("Bermuda",  Account_Country__c ), BEGINS("Bolivia",  Account_Country__c ), BEGINS("Chile",  Account_Country__c ), BEGINS("China",  Account_Country__c ), BEGINS("Costa Rica",  Account_Country__c ), BEGINS("Ecuador",  Account_Country__c ), BEGINS("El Salvador",  Account_Country__c ), BEGINS("French Guiana",  Account_Country__c ), BEGINS("Guatemala",  Account_Country__c ) , BEGINS("Guyana",  Account_Country__c ), BEGINS("Honduras",  Account_Country__c ) , BEGINS("India",  Account_Country__c ) , BEGINS("Mauritus", Account_Country__c ), BEGINS("Nepal",  Account_Country__c ), BEGINS("Nicaragua",  Account_Country__c ), BEGINS("Panama",  Account_Country__c ), BEGINS("Paraguay",  Account_Country__c ), BEGINS("Peru",  Account_Country__c ), BEGINS("Portugal",  Account_Country__c ), BEGINS("Spain",  Account_Country__c ), BEGINS("Sri Lanka",  Account_Country__c ), BEGINS("Suriname",  Account_Country__c ), BEGINS("Uruguay",  Account_Country__c ), ISBLANK( TEXT( Agent_Sales_Rep__c ))))

• October 03, 2012

I've created a validation rule that allows for a field to become mandatory when it meets certain requirements; works great.  However I now need to have this rule not apply to a specific record type and I'm having problems adding it to the rule.

Here's the original rule:

AND( OR( BEGINS( "FL", Account_State_Province__c ), BEGINS("USA",  Account_Country__c ) ),   ISBLANK( TEXT( Agent_Sales_Rep__c )))

the record type is called BBA_Service_Programs and the Id is 01250000000UKIF

I tried adding it on the end using AND but it keeps coming up with errors.

Help is appreciated!

• October 03, 2012